24 replies to this topic

#16 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

Yeah being arrested and burned alive sure would make for a unlucky day for templars but not all were caught some escaped and they say that's how the free masons got their start. And the highest order in the York rite of free masonry is the Knights Templar. At one time I received that degree.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#17 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

I think you get exactly what you put into it mentally. If you believe its going to be a great day it usually is

The Knights of the Temple I have only a nodding acquaintanceship with the history but wasn't there charges of idolatry and 'demon worshipping' leveled against them, as well as individual knights carving baronies out for themselves?
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#18 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

All fake charges brought against them to have them arrested
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#19 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

IDK, Kevin, it would make sense if the aristocracy saw them as a threat since they answered only to their own Preceptors

#20 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:10 PM

That's part is true they had more power than the king and that was the down fall but the charges brought against them were false but back then you were guilty if charged

#21 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Interesting, were they charged by secular or ecclesiastic court It should have been Ecclesiastic since they were technically a monastic order, but may have been defrocked then taken in by secular

#22 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

The king had went to the pope and the pope gave him permission so I guess it was both.

#23 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:25 AM

Shouldn't have worked like that but it wouldn't be the first time a pope gave in to a king

#24 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:44 PM

From Nat Geo

Friday the 13th Phobia Rooted in Ancient History

http://news.national...2_friday13.html
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#25 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

Being a 32 DEGREE SCOTTISH RITE MASSON, or a holder of YORK RITE DEGREE, are eligible for membership in the KNIGHT TEMPLER ORDER, and the degrees associated within it. Much has been printed on the Order, much of it incorrect, as much of thhe Order has been and will continue to be kept among its members and not subject to public review. The book, HOLY BLOOD- HOLY GRAIL address the history of the ORDER from its creation by 4 knights, after the first conquest of Jeruslem,using the ground under the Temple of Solomon for their location and headquarters.They grew, over time, rich, powerful,an elite fighting force, and the major banking firm, if you will, in the area, extending their power aand control as far away as England and France to the west. What took place, how it did happen, the results of the attack on the Order by the king of France are well presented in many historical works.Membership is still open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users