What an experience!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#16 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

No, I should have not taken it, but I did and still do want to find out more about it before I send it back. You know as well as I do, you hand it over to someone and that's the end of it...you cannot find out anything else on it.

I have to say...I probably would have done the same thing!

Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#17 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

the face you talked about at sachs bridge there is another photoon a site that you can see a face looking through the railing on the bridge. So it might be the same spirit.I am glad you had such an exciting ghost hunt.

#18 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:38 AM

I have a weird feeling about this whole thing. I have distant cousins that stood with Chamberlin and broke the charge, and an ancestor of mind was an officer with Lee's Army of Virginia, and another who was a Confederate artilleryman in that battle. My great-great-grandfather was a scout for General Sherman. (Of course, I'm also a relative of John Wesley Hardin, and some other relations rode with Quantrill and Jesse James. :weeee: ) But seriously, that whole part of our history is one I take very seriously. I literally cried through Ken Burn's special on the Civil War. If I believed in that sort of thing, I would swear that I was IN that war. :ph34r:

I fully understand the excitement associated with the paranormal, but that whole area for me ranks with Arlington Cemetary as a place which should not be disturbed. Imagine bouncing over Baghdad or Ground Zero looking for orbs and so on. I know that I'm being a killjoy here, but G'burg is just TOO active, and I believe that it should be left alone.

Personally, I never plan to visit there. What if I heard the drums and cannon. saw the place where I fell, met old comrades? :ph34r:
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#19 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

I am going to post a pic on the spiritography board because I need some help targeting a part of the pic, so if any one can help enlarge and clear up this image we'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#20 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:48 PM

No, I should have not taken it, but I did and still do want to find out more about it before I send it back. You know as well as I do, you hand it over to someone and that's the end of it...you cannot find out anything else on it.

What else do you possibly need to find out about the bone? :huh:

We had the opportunity to visit Gettysburg, too. So, I can understand your enthusiasm.

Sach's Bridge is an especially solemn, important, historical site.

For that reason, I don't think the bone should have been taken.

It is not a souvenir. It is part of a human being...and that person deserves some dignity.

I trust that you will return it to the Gettysburg Preservation Association immediately.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#21 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

Camille, you're right, but whose to say what would have happened if we left the bone? Was someone going to be as intrigued as Dave and I or would there be someone who would totally disregaurd the bone? I just want to find out if it would have been from a soldier. I have no use for the bone as a souvenier or a trophy, I would like to be able to give this bone an identity so they do have the dignity and respect. I can personally tell you, I work in nursing care and when a life is at a loss we give our utmost professional manner when that person passes. Dignity and respect is a most valued life issue. By all means we are going to return it....make no mistake about that, I just feel that we need to give a possible identity. After all what is the purpose of your life without your identity?
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#22 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

Cam, What part don't you get? The bone will be returned!!
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#23 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:56 PM

Again, very very sorry for being a killjoy. But we know so little about ghosts! Are some of these ghosts PEOPLE endlessly reliving that battle? Do they die over and over? Why do they stay?

The research is important. Too important to stop. Sometimes we come into conflict with the dead, and then we must deal with them. Sometimes they are evil and must be harshly dealt with. But what of those who die in pain and suffering, sacrificing all for friends, family and country?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#24 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:10 PM

Markway, after getting the EVP that we got. Dave infact stated that he did not believe in the residual hauntings BEFORE he heard the EVP. We recorded a man giving the command of "PULL!" as if to tell his men to fire a cannon and then a little girl yelling out for her mom. So, yes we do believe that they are reliving their experiences.... Julie

#25 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:13 PM

Cam, What part don't you get? The bone will be returned!!

Dave,

Sorry, I mean no offense, but it's an ethical issue for me. Ghost hunters should not be taking things from sites they investigate. I don't do it and many others don't do it either, as tempting as it might be....it's no different than taking a bone from a cemetery.

There is already talk of shutting down public access to Gettsburg at night, in part due to the influx of ghost hunters. It makes matters worse for us as investigators when something like this--taking something that doesn't belong to you--from the property. It reflects badly on all of us.

You and I agree that you shouldn't have taken the bone.

The only way to make it right is to give it back right away.

Not later, when you feel ready to.

Camille, you're right, but whose to say what would have happened if we left the bone? Was someone going to be as intrigued as Dave and I or would there be someone who would totally disregaurd the bone? I just want to find out if it would have been from a soldier. 

I understand where you are coming from, Julie. But GBPS is a well-respected, non-profit historical society that owns Sach's Bridge and has brought in professional forensic scientists in the past to assist in archealogical digs and DNA testing on other sites so that the bodies can be identified and returned to families for burial elsewhere. So, you should feel assured that they will treat this seriously.

http://www.desales.e...aspx?pageid=144

Plus, they maintain and have access to records that will help identify this person. They are not just "intrigued" by Gettysburg, they have a proven public commitment to its history and preservation.

Again, I mean no insult to you. Rather, I feel very strongly about this.

Have any of you called the authorities or talked to GBPS yet?
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#26 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

Well, whoops, they missed one, huh?

#27 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:09 PM

:huh: Everyone associated with this event is concerned with doing the right thing, and I am sure that it will be. I look forward to seeing the pictures and hearing the evp's too.

I keep saying that I am sorry for over reacting to this. This was not my thread, but just the name sucked be in.

In my research I have come across interviews with the park staff, who talk about european tourist who congratulate them on their wonderful "re-creations". "It was just me and my husband and they still performed!". It's one of those rare spots where you don't have to try very hard to experience something. It was one of the turning points in history, when we ended all opposition to J.P.Morgan, Gould, and Getty.

I can't get past a feeling of personal involvement with that event.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#28 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

Any updates... would love to hear about!!! Read over this thread and now am left hanging..  LOL

Thanx!

You and me both, BooBug!!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#29 ghostsofgettysburg

ghostsofgettysburg

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:59 PM

I would strongly agree with Camille on this one. I personally would NEVER EVER have taken that bone. It belongs to someone, and it belongs HERE in Gettysburg, the place where they DIED and BLED to defend. THEY would want it that way..... whoever that bone belongs to would not want to be kept, albeit respectfully, by two ghosthunters as a curiousity object. I believe you are bringing negative and angry presences into your house by doing this. And if bad or frightening things have not started happening yet, they may soon start. That bone deserves to find a final resting place in the Soldiers National Cemetery here in Gettysburg, with fellow soldiers.... the bones that someone found in the Railroad Cut back in 1992 were given a military "funeral" and interred in the cemetery. The bone you found deserves the same.

#30 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:19 PM

If someone :weeee: is upset about the removal of the bone, the holders will become aware of this soon enough! The limb was taken off before death, so I doubt that the dying person was quite as attached to it. :whoohoo:
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users