Posted Image

#47 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:11 PM

I still can't see...I've tried looking. I see as what I think to be two spirits but I cannot determine the sex of either. Dave mentioned that he couldn't see them either, but thank you for your input we greatly appreciate what you have done with the pictures. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#48 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:36 PM

If you are interested in civil war artifacts do as my cousin has done for years. He lives in Va. and goes out to some of the farms near Manassas and Bull Run and gets permission to go on their land to hunt for civil war artifacts. He has turned his two car gararge into a small museum with the things he has found.

#49 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:07 PM

Trudy,
Yeah, history an artifacts are nice, but Dave and I just came across the artifacts. We were there for an investigation, not looking for artifacts, just ghosts only, but thanks for your input......Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#50 Skeptic Believer

Skeptic Believer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:15 PM

Has the remains that have been mentioned been returned yet?

#51 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:50 AM

HEELLLLLOOOO! Not to be mean, but I posted a post earlier that said we would get it back to the grounds as soon as we had the chance to get back to gettysburg. We have 7 children between us, we work fulltime and live 6 hours away....we just cannot drop everything to return it, and there's no way I'm sending it through the mail. When we plan for the next trip it will be returned..........Julie

#52 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:07 PM

:yellowbounce: Until I said something everyone was real supportive and anxious to see the pictures. I wish that I had never said anything. Most people that died in that horrible battle headed straight for heaven and couldn' care less if their old arm bone is being used as an ashtray.

Some soldiers have issues, but the holders of the bone would have certainly have found out about that by now.

My main concern was that the battlefield not be turned into some sort of supernatural Disneyland. :ghost:
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#53 ghostsofgettysburg

ghostsofgettysburg

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

Well, Mark & Juliet... I believe that most people would be horribly jealous if you'd found something like a bullet or a button from a uniform, but a piece of what was once a living, breathing person is another thing altogether..... it just doesnt FEEl right to most of us.... this is a part of a HUMAN, whether it was a soldier or not matters little.... it's the keeping of a part of a person as a momento that smacks of the bizarre..... macabre..... even somewhat ghoulish. No one expects you to mail it to the park service or anything as bizarre as that, but you must find a way to see it gets "home". You are very lucky you found it at Sach's Bridge and NOT the National Military Park as taking relics/bones from the NPS is a crime and the two of you would be in a heap of trouble...... I do not know the particulars, but the NPS could probably demand your ISP address from the Mods. Luckily for the two of you, Sach's Bridge is NOT park service property. I wouldnt try relic hunting on NPS property however...... the Park Service hunted down and caught someone who had taken a turtle from NPS land and had it hidden in a McDonalds bag, so I've heard.

Now, I know it's too late to do much about it now, and that you can't just pick up and come here at the drop of a hat, but you must see to it that the bone is returned to it's rightful resting place somehow.....it IS your responsibility now. That's all we are all trying to say.... we're not coming down on you for something that's already been done, whether we agree or not.... we just would like to see the bone returned to it's "home"..... too bad I am not coming out your way any time soon, or I would be more than happy to bring it back with me and see it gets a proper burial where it was found..... :whee:

#54 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:42 PM

ghostsof gettysburg,
This is the last time I am posting on this subject....Dave and I were not there to relic/artifact/archeologist digging...we STUMBLED across the bone and the bottle...we were there simply doing an investigation....and honestly Dave threw the bone at me thinking it was an animal bone...out to scare me. He was just going to leave it there...I am the one who decided to have it checked out, so blame me! If we didn't find it who's to say who would have picked it up and done what with it. At the present time at least I know it is safe until we can get it back. I don't even know yet how far back the bone dates so I don't know if it is from the civil war era or not. Don't get angry with us...IT WILL BE RETURNED!!! I do agree with Markway though on his thoughts about it. And from everyone who I have spoken with about the bone they say they would have done the same thing as to pick it up and have it checked out. We even showed the owners of the B&B we stayed at....we at that time didn't know about where to take it then and they didn't tell us where to take it....wouldn't you think that they would have mentioned something to us about the bone, they didn't! Dave and I didn't think there was anything wrong until we posted this post and got a few compliances like yours. As I will say again, it will be returned as soon as we have the time and money for another trip. Thanks, Julie

#55 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:52 PM

Julie, You took the words right out of my mouth. Thankyou for replying on this subject, cuz I would of wrote something that I probably would'nt regret!! Relic? Iam stopping now! Thanks Honey, your reply was well written! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#56 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

I agree with you Juliet how many times do you have to say something for people to understand. I understand everything else that all of the rest of you have said, but my goodness! Let it rest now! They have told us that they will be returning the bone so what else do they need to do??? How about put it in 12 languages??? Would that make all of you happy?????? Good grief.....I thought we had intelligent people here in the village.............?

Sorry, but I HAD to put my 2 cents worth in!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#57 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:45 PM

Thank you Becca I appreciate your 2 cents very much!!!!!!
I was starting to feel like this :Wall: about this subject!........Julie
P.S. My oldest, she's 8, her name is Bekah too...her full name is spelled Rebekah

#58 ghostsofgettysburg

ghostsofgettysburg

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:51 PM

The fact that I posted a kind response to Juliet & friend, telling them that whether any of us agree and would have done the same or not DOES NOT matter now, and that no one expects them to just drop what they're doing and high tail it back here..... and what do i get in return??? A TON of antagonism in the name of self defence. Now, If you feel the need to get all defensive on this subject, that speaks volumes for me.....it woud seem to indicate that you feel the need to vindicate what you did. To us or YOURSELVES????

Now, if that bone IS human as you said, and NOT civil war, as you said it MAY NOT be, then I hope you realize what you've just said... if not, then I'll clear it up for you. You said the bone was checked, and human......if not from the Civil war, what you have on your hands is a bone from a homicide, friend. THAT IS A BIG DEAL....to law enforcement officers, if anyone needs clarification.

Now, as for this issue here in this forum, perhaps Juliet & friend could read my posts more attentively, and not become defensive and rude without cause. Who would want to be considerate and logical posting to someone who responds with negativity and antagonism as they have done??

#59 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:40 PM

You were negetive to me first, of course I am going to put up a defense, I did not find your post kind at all....like I said at the time I did not know we did anything wrong. And as knowing if the bone is from civil war era or a homicide....yeah, that's why I brought it back to have it checked out. I had everyone in my nursing facility (which is all nurses...not a doctor) and my own personal doctor look at it. Yes, they all believed it might have been human, but as far as anything else goes no one that I know is still 100% sure. No, I'm not angry about this and I'm not upset with you I just really feel like I'm beating a dead horse on this bone subject. It will be returned as soon as we can. As for right now it is put up so no harm can come to it.....Julie
I will let everyone know when we are able to take it back

#60 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

Ghosts, I was NOT directing my comments at you. I was trying to make the point that you & everyone else that has posted the point that the bone needs to be returned has been told that IT WILL BE RETURNED...can we just move on now? Anyone reading these posts will understand that the bone will be returned. If they can't understand that the bone will be returned then I'm sorry. But she has said it & said it & the posts keep popping up.....it's just ridiculous. Juliet, I think this IS a dead horse now!

Regarding your daughter, my name is also Rebecca, I have always wished that my mom had spelled mine Rebekah, but, oh well......
It's just Becca Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users