• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#76 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:22 AM

I totally agree that rude comments and hostility have no place. The ideal enviroment would be one where learning is exchanged. Dysfunction exist for one reason only, some people can't accept another or others for who and what they are. Think about it. inability to accept others is at the root of all social dysfunction. Since we are not forced to live with our group members it is my thought that there is no reason why each of us can't make effort to get along and share.

#77 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

Judy,
You are so right! Wish everyone felt the same way, the world would be a sweeter place. Emotions take over often to quickly! I'm hoping everyone will forgive and forget and that we can all go on just as we have! Thanks, Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#78 ghostsofgettysburg

ghostsofgettysburg

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:51 AM

Juliet,
Hey, that would be cool..... :whee: We could go on a ghost stake out...... the Den would be perfect. I've read a book on the local history of the Den/Little Round Top/Triangular Field area, and learned some very shocking things. Example: the early settlers in the area, as far back as the 1700's were reported as seeing what they called "hobgoblins" and "spook lights" in that area!!!! Makes you wonder exactly WHAT is out there since they reported this stuff LONG before the Civil War.... also, the field on the SLyder Farm was once called Indian Field as it is supposedly an Indian Burial ground.... now, that is spooky......
also, there is some questions as to the rocks of the Den and HOW they actually got there and how old they are. Then there is the tale told by the early settlers of the "monster snake"... Juliet & Dave, when you guys get back here, we've gotta stake this place out...... :)

#79 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:49 AM

One time on a trip to Gettysburg I saw a man setting up quite an elaborate array of cameras and video equipment at the top of the feild and at the bottom with another person. I asked him if he was waiting for a ghost to appear . His reply was interesting .

He said , Im waiting for the light show .

Of course my next question was what light show.

He went on to tell me a tale of red lights that rise up out of the ground and dance around for several minutes then disappear as quickly as they came .

I asked him if he thought it was related to ghostly activity . His answer was no , this has been going on longer than that , at least thats what witnesses have passed down through the years. I dont know if his lights ever came or not but he sure seemed convinced that they existed.

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#80 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

Rock, When Julie and myself were there a couple months back, we witness that light thing. But the light was white and it looked liked an orb to us. We captured the thing in the Weatfield. It danced around for a few seconds then it disappeard. It was the coolest thing. But we still thing it was on orb all by himself. Dave p.s. If anyone wants a copy of this orb we can mail you a copy. We can't upload it to the this sight. You all have to see this!!
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#81 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:33 PM

Why can't you upload it?

#82 sprace

sprace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:anything ghostly, reading crime thrillers a must, music mainly rock and shopping lots of it!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

Oh wow, you are so lucky to have gone to sachs bridge, thats a place i would love to visit someday, and i cant wait til i see your photos, ive heard so many reports of that place and it has to be a must to see for all of us paranormal believers. :clap: Whirly Dude
Always believe~ Always Trust~ Always Love~ & All the good things will Find you.

#83 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:09 PM

First off, I want to say thanks to all who wrote before me making this entire thread very entertaining to read.

Second, I am so jealous of all you who have gone to Gettysburg. I live on the West Coast and it's quite an elaborate trip for me to go. Someday, I plan to make the journey.

Second, as far as artifacts go, I stumbled acrossed this military museum and antique store that is supposed to be the largest of it's kind. It is located not far from where I live and it's actually in the basement of another large antique store (my hobbie, I'm hoping that someday a pick something up with a spirit attached to it). While this military antiques dealer has a huge WWII cache of things, their Civil War section is very small. There is one thing that caught my eye and I want to go back as soon as I can to buy it. It's a small picture box(like a locket), very delicate with a faded photo of a woman inside of it. It was either a soldiers wife or mother and I got the most intense loving feeling from it. This was probably someones most prize possession out in the battlefields and perhaps he was lucky enough to just lose it but somehow I think he lost his life instead. It was the most precious thing I have ever seen!

No ones going to be mad at me if I buy it will they? :)
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#84 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

Judy,
I found you question funny!!! Dave and I have tried and tried to get to upload the video, because we are so anxious to show everyone. It's AWESOME!!!!! But I swear the instructions are in German even if they are written in English! I've had to clear out my computer 3 times trying to load it. I'm just computer illiterate. BUT, I talked to my dad the other night and he might be able to do it....it's just a drive to my dad's and he work odd hours, so I'm not sure how soon I can make it out there, but as soon as we figure this out you better believe it will be posted...we've even asked Jeff, but he doesn't have the equipment either. I've tried everything from scanning it to a disk to saving it to the computer...no go! Well, I'm got to get my munchkins off to bed so I'll reply to everyone else in the morning...I have a terribly bad headache and looking at the computer screen isn't helping! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#85 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:50 AM

What format was it done in? Is it possible to send it to my in box with Windows Movie Maker? :purplebounce: I want to see it!

#86 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

also, there is some questions as to the rocks of the Den and HOW they actually got there and how old they are.

Hi Ghostsof Gettysburg, I would like to hear more about the Devil's Den rocks if you have any info. I was quite sure they were just a natural outcropping. I live about 25 minutes from Gettysburg and have a smaller size Devil's Den in my backyard, but not that much smaller! I was under the impression it was Catoctin Greenstone. Devil's Den may be Pennsylvania bluestone. Someone told me that millions of years ago this whole area was higher than the himalyas. I will have to look into that. This whole area is full of rocks!

;) Whirly Dude Whirly Dude Whirly Dude
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#87 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:43 PM

Thesameones, Julie will try to get that video over to you. Hopefully her Dad can get it uploaded to this wonderful sight. The video does last for about 13 seconds. We have never seen anything like this before. It's not just an orb passing by the camera,but it dances in the field for a period of time. It changes form and speed. It does hover like a sphere for a short time then it changes form and speeds up and down. Then the thing vanishes. It is so cool!! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#88 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

Judy, I'm going to call my dad this evening and see if I can make it over to his home tomorrow evening sometime....hopefully he can do this, he's better at computers than I am. As far as format goes...not trying to sound stupid, but I have no idea what that is. I can't put it in your inbox because I can't even figure how to load it into my computer.
ghostsofgettysburg, yeah I think it would be great to meet up with you guys. We've heard a couple other stories on Devil's Den about a ghost from the Texas infantry that haunts the rocks. We did get a couple orb shots from there, but nothing worth posting picture wise. I'd love to get more of a feeling on the stories that you have experienced there, bet you have some good ones. Do you live in town? Dave and I have come to know Gettsyburg on the back of our hands from visiting. I think we have absolutely fell in love with gburg, such a wonderful place! Any word yet on the voting on if they are keeping the parks open till 10 or not....I hope so! If not Dave and I will definately try and plan on being back before Oct. then!
Jen, Heck I wouldn't be upset if your drawn to an object and wanted to purchase it, there's probably a reason you are drawn to it and it's worth looking into. I'm happy to see that you got such a kick out of reading these posts, but I'm even more happy that everyone has made up. Gettysburg is definately worth the trip. That's like I hope someday (probably when my kids are grown) to visit places such as the Whaley house, Whinchester House, Queen Mary, Myrtles plantation, and last but not least St. Augustine Fl. all these sights I have high interests in, but it's hard to go with our children being so young yet.
Rock and Sprace, I believe anything is possible in gburg for any type of paranormal accounts to occur. There is not one place that you cannot step that someone has died. If peole are seeing ghostly lights, I believe it...I would even wonder if they are part of disembodied spirits or even a residual haunting form the lighting of the battle of gunfire from the war. I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I will write more later...Julie

#89 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:42 PM

Juliet

I know just how it is with traveling and kids. Even more I have a nonbeliever for a husband. He only wants to come if there is a cool place of interest involved. So if I go to Gettysburg he will want to come and then I have to arrange someplace for the kids to stay because they don't like it when Mom drags them to the "haunted places". And so on and so forth....

As for visiting the West, Whaley House, AWESOME!!! The Queen Mary, haven't been there since I was a kid. Can't wait to go in September for a conference there. The Winchester House, been quite a few times and it's very cool to visit but personally I do not get that vibe that comes from a haunting. I've talked to other investigators and they personally believe it's their marketing ploy to attract the tourists. It's got the most elaborate tour set up I've ever seen for a historical spot. Two places you should visit definitely, The U.S.S. Hornet docked in the San Francisco Bay, it's just crawling with energy and of course Alcatraz. That's where I brought home my hitchhiker!

Also if you ever make it out West, check out going to Virginia City Nevada (just east of Lake Tahoe). It's a great place to take in the historical part of the West and it's teaming with ghosts. My kids got to spend the night in a haunted hotel room (unbeknownst to me at the time of checking in). The Gold Hill Hotel has a lively ghost named William that likes to perform for people who talk about him. He did a few little things for us. It was cool!

Jen :( ;) :ghost:
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#90 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:22 AM

Jen, What???? Your husband is a non believer???? That's just aweful...lol!
Send him over to the skeptics board then!!! I've read up on all those places that you have mentioned too. I was wondering if the Winchester house was hyped up just for profit....it would take alot of cash to maintain a property like that. If the stories are true about Sarah contacting the ghosts from the rifles and having to keep building till they collected her soul. Then I think that the spirits finally got what they came for and then left after her death. It's either that or I think she might have finally flipped her mind after losing her husband and child so close together and gone mental and had a medium feeding off her money because of it. I have also seen the specials on the house. That there were also spirits of construction workers haunting the home too. Who would want to spend eternity still working at their job? Oh, that would be just aweful! Julie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users