What an experience!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

Quite a hell isn't it Juliet? If there is an anything paranormal about the place it is probably a very faint energy. You know, if you take the tour, the tour guide always uses the word "speculate". They speculated as to why she built this house. True, the workers worked around the clock and the house is quite an engineering marvel, and true she very well could have been into the spirit world. Basically she would lock herself up in a room with a planchette and word board and come out with plans to her home. It could have been her subconscience telling her what to do. Either way, cool house to visit just don't bother looking for ghosts. Not worth the effort. :wave:

Yeah, my husband is quite a downer in that sense. What can I do? He is open to experiencing things. I think that's why he likes me dragging him to historic places. He just doesn't believe it until it reaches out and bites him!!!

And then he rationalizes it!!!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#92 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:52 PM

That would be sooooo frustrating. That's like the night that I heard something walking behind me in the cemetery and Dave kept telling me it was all in my mind....I kept telling him noooo it wasn't. It wasn't until we got the film developed that he believed me. Dave and I make a really good team. (as a couple and our investigating!) We give each other objective opinions and rationalizations when it comes to ghost hunting. That and I laugh so hard when we are out hunting because Dave is such a goof! It is great that your husband does remain open minded....I think one day a spirit will come out and bite him and make him a believer yet! Just take him to a very haunted location. When Dave and I investigate I have asked the spirits to make themselves known to Dave...as far as asking them to give him a bump on the shoulder....I would love to see Dave jump out of his skin....I jump so easily....that would be quite a sight! Julie :wow:
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#93 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

Very funny Julie, Nothing will make me scared of the spirits or ghosts that have contact with me. You know that! Only if I was held against my will( hopefully it would be a female spirit) that I might get geeked out! Ok, just one time, the wind pellar at that little boys grave. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#94 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:22 PM

Mark had one experience on the USS Hornet. We slept aboard and he overheard two men talking in front of his bunk. They were talking about him. He was half asleep and thought he saw the two men when he tried to open his eyes. He is absolutely convinced he was dreaming even though he remembers it vividly. He thinks us ghostlovers planted the seed in his subconscience and it couldn't possibly be real. What a misguided individual he is!!! :wow:
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#95 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

What an awesome advantage he had...a close encounter of the talking kind...hehe....and he trumps it up to dreaming....ahhhhh!!! Yep, I'd be banging my head too! That would be awesome to stay on the Hornet! Dave and I love to stay at haunted B&b's. We always bring our equipment where ever we go. Speaking of places....I really think that Dave and I have a shot of actually hitting Chesterland Cemetery this weekend! One of our favorite haunted spots! THere is so much activity there...so keep posted and I will try and post pictures from there this sunday....we never leave empty handed! I think the spirits get lonely and love when we come to visit them! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#96 ghostsofgettysburg

ghostsofgettysburg

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:33 PM

Bridget,
Well, the OFFICIAL story on the Den's rocks is that they were carried there by glacial activity during the ice age. The rocks are made of diabase Sill. This outcropping was forced upward between the existing strata and is a mile wide, 1,800 ft. thick and runs southwest to northeast for 40 miles, passing directly through the Gettysburg National Military Park. The rocks are supposedly over 180 million years old :clap: . Now, a man whose family were early settlers of this region has ANOTHER theory: from the book..."I have always had a curiousity in those rocks. They should be examined by a commpetent geologist. My own opinon is that they were a solid pyramid, many hundred feet high. That they were broken is very evident from the crevices. If they were pressed together every one would have its place to fit. There was some force more powerful than dynamite that broke them up. My impression is it was a deep canyon, filled with broken rocks. Any one going to the trouble will find that it is entirely filled with broken rocks. Did the explosion take place when the veil of the temple was rent, or was it long ages before that?.." Emanuel P. Bushman

A pyramid many hundred feet high? I would say that is too weird, but for a place like the Den, NOTHING is too weird. What do you folks think of the pyramid thing???

Juliet,
yes, we live in town....only a block from the Farnsworth House. The word on the early closure is....no word yet. Apparently Dr. Latschar is reading over his mail from the public comment period and will make a decision within weeks. I'm on pins and needles...

In all my treks over that field, I have never seen an apparition, but we've had some VERY weird and some slightly weird things happen. Often we smell tobacco...not lit ones, but the cigar smell....... usually there are people in the general vicinity, though far away, so we cannot put it down to otherwordly sources...EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE TIME..... we were walking, at dusk, up the back of East Cemetery Hill, in the very footsteps the Louisiana Tigers walked while charging up the hill only to get blown back down it, and three out of the four of us smelled cigars on the breeze....STRONG..... and there was absolutely NO ON around. NO ONE at all.

Tonight we were out after dark, coming back into town from Little Round Top via Hancock avenue, riding our bikes, and we saw the most amazing thing.... Imagine this: out there on the darkened fields and forests - fireflies. Literally MILLIONS of them. I have never seen such a sight in my life. They were in the forests, in the fields, cluttered around the monuments - all blinking at different times. The effect was beautiful.....even my teen son and husband were awestruck by this show.... it was like millions of little strobe lights blinking....... my husband was the first to note that these fireflies clustered around monuments for the most part, and those that didnt clustered in groups in different areas...... other areas would have few to none, then out of the blue we would come up on an area where there was a huge cluster.....

Gettysburg is full of mystery and on nights like this one - profound beauty. I have never been so awed by a firefly show, then again, I've never seen one like this before.

#97 Skeptic Believer

Skeptic Believer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

Who is the official owner of this site?

#98 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:00 AM

Jeff started GV, but this forum is led by Holly...I hope that answers your question

#99 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:05 AM

Juliet_keller,

I think they are referring to the site mentioned in the thread. I could be wrong however hehe.

#100 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

Julie and myself(Dave) started this topic. Can't wait to go back! We have some unsolved finish buisness to attend to. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#101 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:46 PM

I know Dave has already stated this in another area, but guys we are going back and so is the bone!!! We are going back this weekend!!! A little sooner than we expected, but hey I'm not complaining!!! I can't wait to get there. So get ready to hear somemore tales and hopefully we will be sending somemore pics soon. Julie

#102 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

Well Julie, it's about time that you want to take back the bone!! I wanted to do that along time ago. Just kidding Jules. Hopefully we can get some great shots this weekend. All I know is that I won't be snooping around by the darn river again. We be staying up by the bridge this time. For some reason the spirits are attracted to Julie and myself. Mostely Julie then myself. We seem to get the most activity in the Wheatfield. But like I told Julie, I have some other places that I would like to hit. But so far the Wheatfield is very active!!! Dave

#103 Skeptic Believer

Skeptic Believer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:31 AM

Jeff started GV, but this forum is led by Holly...I hope that answers your question

Have the remains been returned yet?

#104 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:52 AM

Yes, we took the bone back last April and gave it to Gettysburg police dept., we also had to take the policewoman to the site where we found the bone. Interesting, that as old as the bone looked and there was nothing else in that area, she still had to rope it off as a crime scene until they were done investigaiting it. But Dave and I were thankful that we did not get into any trouble at all over this and we learned that if we find anything ever again, we are leaving it where it lies and then tell the authorities....that was just a headache!!

#105 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:50 PM

The authorities called me on my cell phone a shory time after we took the bone back and they told us that it was a cow bone. It was not a human bone!! :headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users