• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#31 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:13 AM

Right. I do agree that between adults and children the child will see a spirit/ghost first not because of the world not making them "hard" yet but because of their innocence to life period. Children are smarter then some adults think. I can remember knowing so much about the world at 6 years old. Of course I am going to be a child but a spirit/ghost can easily fool a child not an adult.
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#32 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:16 AM

i think it might be easier for a ghost to interact with kid. since the ghost knows the parents won't believe them kinda

#33 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:59 AM

Bascially what I said earlier,
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#34 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:01 AM

yep

#35 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:34 PM

Is it case of the children not being believed,which would show a concious effort on the spirits part? Or could it be that children,especially of young age are closer to the energy or spiritual plane that spirits inhabit ?.If your of the school of reincarnation,then a new born or child would be a former spirit themselves.Just a thought.

#36 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:41 PM

i think its a little of both. but a little more of a concious effort

#37 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

children are more receptive to spirits or ghost than grownups because they don't yet understand that they are not aaaaaaaaa9according to other people) suppose to be able to see or much less talk to the unseen. If you ever notice animals or very sensitive to ghost if you ever watch sometimes a dog will bark or growl at what you might think is nothing or a cat will hiss and its fur will standup on its back while looking again at what you don't see.My little dog will lay in her bed growl at things but I know I have a houseful of ghost so she sees and hears them at times that I don't. That's how I know that they are around more often than I think they are.

#38 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:08 PM

great point trudy_causey thats what i think

#39 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:41 AM

I do wonder how much of a child's "ghost sensitivity" is really attributed to his or her imagination.  Is there a way to tell the difference?
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#40 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:44 AM

hhmmmmmm intresting thought. but there is also scientific evidence that adults lack imagination and that is why they are missing so many a things in life. So I guess it is not child's imagination, it is the world of restriction that we (ADULTS) create that stands the wall!
Posted Image

#41 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:24 PM

i just think it has to do with who will believe who

#42 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:44 PM

Children don't have years of social conditioning yet,nor do they have reams of information going through their thought processes like an adult.To them impossible things can happen and they go with what they feel without thinking of logical answers. It is the adults role to help them find the logic and reasurance .Sometimes we can't find logical answers either but as an adult we wiill convince ourselves there is logic and it only has to be found.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#43 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:48 PM

alot of times if you sit down with your or children when they come to you and tell you that their friend has shown them something or has told them things that is the time for you to sit down with your child and ask them simple questions about this friend and you might be surprised to what they will tell you. Alot of times you can verify this information by asking questions about the house or the area that you live in, by going to deeds at the court house in your area or calling your local newspaper and sometimes they will help you verify information and even your neighbors if they have been in the area along time. You might also be surprised if your child tells you about another lifetime, they have lived.

#44 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:56 AM

...... and we "adults" are not even aware of what higher realms are all about!
Posted Image

#45 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:51 PM

Most of the time I feel i have a great relationship with my kids we talk alot and my husband often gets dissappionted they don't talk to him like they do me.But recently my 13 yr old told me when he was younger he thought his Dad and i were aliens and he was always trying to catch us takeing our faces off to reveal who we really were.His older brother knew this but nobody ever told us.I know I'm not an alien so they aren't always right.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users