198 replies to this topic

#1 bunnifer229

bunnifer229

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Religion, art, music etc

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:38 AM

If and when you are cleansed by the blood of Jesus this is called your salvation.(Repentance, acceptance that Jesus is the son of God, cleansing you of your sins. Do you believe you can lose your salvation? :huh:
[size=3]I must have saw a putty Kat!

#2 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:45 AM

Well that would depend on whether or not I believe in Jesus as Savior.

From a Christian's point of view: I suppose you could lose it if you stopped believing.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:47 AM

Well that would depend on whether or not I believe in Jesus as Savior.

From a Christian's point of view: I suppose you could lose it if you stopped believing.

AMEN
Posted Image

#4 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:04 PM

This has been an ongoing debate on a certain Christian NG.

I don't think Salvation is a single event. Every day we sin, and every day we should try too repent of those sins. At any given moment, our garments are a shade of red ("Though your sins be red as scarlet..."). Only those under the age of accountability and those fresh from baptism have garments as white as snow.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#5 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:12 PM

If and when you are cleansed by the blood of Jesus this is called your salvation.(Repentance, acceptance that Jesus is the son of God, cleansing you of your sins. Do you believe you can lose your salvation? :huh:

Hmmm...

I'll answer this from the point of view of my Catholic upbringing.

I was taught that God pretty much forgave anything, so long as you repented of what you did and somehow make reparation, whether or not you went to confession.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#6 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:16 PM

I don't believe you can lose your salvation because your soul was never lost and it never will be. So there's nothing to save.
petunia4998

#7 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

I don't believe you can lose your salvation because your soul was never lost and it never will be. So there's nothing to save.

But if you lose your 'faith' and go against "God" and don't repent for your sins, then wouldn't you still be going to hell, even if you had been faithful to 'Him' previously? I couldn't see (from my catholic upbringing) going to heaven anymore.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:51 PM

In that case angie, you might end up just going to Purgatory for a while, depending on the seriousness of the sins you committed and refused to repent.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:54 PM

In that case angie, you might end up just going to Purgatory for a while, depending on the seriousness of the sins you committed and refused to repent.

Okay gotcha. Thanks!

#10 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

See Angelina, there really is no such thing as hell. It doesn't exist except in your own mind. If you believe that you lived a life of sin and expect to go to hell when you die, then you will go to hell and it will be exactly the way you expect it to be. This will continue until the time when your spirit is elevated and you understand that this is not real. At that time you will continue your progression and you will be surrounded with the eternal love of god. EVERYBODY, at one time or another, will lose faith in god. This is simply another step on the road of progression and it is nothing to be ashamed of, or to fear. Remember, you may lose your faith in god, but god never loses faith in you.
petunia4998

#11 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:23 PM

It was always my understanding that all Christians believed in hell.
(going on the assumption that you are Christian. I am not so I am really not too sure)

#12 grendel

grendel

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Movies, Work, Kung Fu, Sci-Fi, Going to bed as the sun rises, eating, breathing, bathing (on occasion), Nature...and so on and so on....

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:52 AM

Good question....

In my opinion (which is neither right or wrong) It all depends on your faith. You can commit a sin but if you ask for forgiveness you will not lose your slavation. (Although some sins will have to be asnswered for - murder). No one is without sin so like Aloha said, we need to repent everyday, or ask forgiveness of the sins we have committed.
I'm just a very well-paid juvenile delinquent -Al Jorgensen of MinistryIf we moved in next door your lawn would die -Lemmy of MotorheadThe only reason we wore sunglasses onstage was because we couldn't stand the sight of the audience - John Cale of The Velvet Underground--------------------------------------------------http://fotofight.com...um_home/Dewlso/--------------------------------------------------

#13 bunnifer229

bunnifer229

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

Hmmm...

I'll answer this from the point of view of my Catholic upbringing.

I was taught that God pretty much forgave anything, so long as you repented of what you did and somehow make reparation, whether or not you went to confession.

It states in the bible you are to confess your sins to none other than God not men or priests

#14 bunnifer229

bunnifer229

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:09 AM

Satans soul was in Heaven and lost his salvation......when jesus died on the cross it was for all from the past present and future .........YES YOU MOST DEFINETLY CAN LOSE YOUR SALVATION>

#15 bunnifer229

bunnifer229

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:13 AM

See Angelina, there really is no such thing as hell. It doesn't exist except in your own mind. If you believe that you lived a life of sin and expect to go to hell when you die, then you will go to hell and it will be exactly the way you expect it to be. This will continue until the time when your spirit is elevated and you understand that this is not real. At that time you will continue your progression and you will be surrounded with the eternal love of god. EVERYBODY, at one time or another, will lose faith in god. This is simply another step on the road of progression and it is nothing to be ashamed of, or to fear. Remember, you may lose your faith in god, but god never loses faith in you.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN SATAN? Cause if you do then you have to believe in God and the Son........so you would be contradiictory. THERE IS MOST SURELY A HELL!!! IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD THEN YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN HIS WORDS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users