Devils footprint

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tbabyg369

Tbabyg369

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:if u really wanna kno maybe you should ask me and i will tell you.

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

hey people i live in maine. In manchester maine there is a abandoned church and right next to the church is a cemetary. There have been many reports of supernatural things in the cemetary but what i am curious about is the rock, which has a footprint type shape in it. we all know this is a real rock but i am just curious to see if anyone has heard about this, they call it devils footprint because legend is, a man was working on the church and he said ill give my soul to the devil if i can move this rock, next morning the rock was moved, the man was gone never to be seen again. and there was a foorprint in the stone...now i have seen this rock for myself because i only live about 10minutes away, and yes it is a very curious shape not something nature could do itself.
X~*o*~X~*o*~X §.*.§Liv*via§.*.§

#2 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

, and yes it is a very curious shape not something nature could do itself.

Honey there's not much that nature CANT do.
Sounds like we have an urban legend on our hands!!(but that is just my opinion seeing as I do not believe in the devil)
Have you heard of any stories of any hauntings at this place?
As for the story it is very interesting. If you could possibly provide me with the name of the church I might be able to dig some stuff up for you.
Here in CT we have a similar story~Devil's Hopyard. But that is for another thread!

Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#3 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:05 PM

Looks like it was easier to find than I originally thought!

http://home.maine.rr...eting_house.htm

WHY DO They CALL IT... THE DEVILS FOOTPRINT?

THIS Is a VERY GOOD QUESTION WITH A POSSIBLE ANSWER! IT SEEMS A FABLE MORE THAN a FACT .HOWEVER AT  THE pre- INVESTIGATION IT CANNOT BE PROVEN OR Disproved.
WE FIND THAT THERE ARE TWO STORIES associated with THE LEGEND OF THE THE DEVILS FOOTPRINT.
this VERSION IS THE MOST POPULAR......it GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS.
  a MAN (  DARN WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HIS NAME IS  )  IS SAID TO HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE ROAD IN FRONT OF THE MANCHESTER MEETING HOUSE. HE WAS WORKING FOR THE TOWN ?
STATE ? (UNKNOWN) .HE SAID IF I COULD MOVE THIS STONE IN THE middle of the ROAD HE  WOULD GIVE HIS 
SOUL TO THE DEVIL.HE NEXT DAY HE WAS GONE never to be found again. AND THE STONE WAS MOVED.
the imprint of a man's footprint and a devil's footprint was said to be imprinted on the stone. AT THIS TIME THERE IS A ROCK IN THE FRONT OF THE CEMETERY. THE ONE THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY MOVED. It is MARKED
IN RED SPRAY PAINT IT SAYS GOD BLESS. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE stone that moved. WE WILL BE GOING
BACK FOR THE FULL INVESTIGATION as evidence did turn up!. it seems we may have missed the clue to the fable or legend. or did we?
the team SEARCHED all THE ROCKS SURROUND THE CEMETERY. however we did not see anything that remotely
ooked like any of the aforementioned prints. WE HAD however DISCOVERED HEAVY MACHINERY MARKS ON MOST OF the stones. Could these be confused with the footprints?
WHAT DID WE FIND?
there is some interesting phenomena that we did manage to capture on our ge microcassette.
we had arrived in the parking lot about 10:00 p.m. and noticed the street light went off as soon as
we exited the car. these large gas lights sometimes have a light sensing units in them. when exposed to lights from passing cars they may shut off and later turn back on. we later noted the light going on and off all the  time we were conducting our investigation. we checked our equipment again as
our s.o.p. (standard operating procedure). I called attention to both investigators to watch me inserta new blank microcassette tape into the tape player. as we always do we watch each other load tapes
in our cassette player and film in our cameras making sure it is new.
*note*  most cemeteries are hard to conduct evp's. one of the many reasons is interference from traffic, airplanes, trains, etc. this cemetery is unique in all regards. even though we had very little if any traffic
we also noted no other outside interference. we felt confident if we recorded any phenomena on tape itwould be viable evidence.  this cemetery it is next to a road as most cemeteries. It is surrounded by woods on
two sides. there are two sections. they are separated by a small patch of dividing woods. the main
cemetery is approximately 50 x 60 yards. the other part of the cemetery is a larger than the first. it isaccessed by  walking through the first. there is a small break between the two. also on the road you can access the second section. there is a road about a cars width. this section looks fairly
new with one older gravestone. after checking the surrounding area we decided to focus our attention on the first cemetery. one of the investigators noted seeing red eyes looking back at him.
they were  low to the ground. we did not identify the source. it could have been an animal from the near by woods however we noted this in our log books. we immediately set up our video camera.and three micro cassettes in a  triad perimeter. we wanted to get as much coverage of this Westside
as possible. the other two investigators scanned the cemetery with the elf meters for possibleelectromagnetic disruptions.
while they scanned and looked for  footprints on the stones, I noted bird noises coming from the near by woods. we also noted the full moon, I scanned the cemetery with the tripod
mounted video camera. I put in on nightshot (infrared ) the two investigators were told to talk loudly and in a normal voice through the investigation. no whispering allowed! after about 1 hour and 50 minutes the two investigators reached my location at the westside of the cemetery,
they started to read some head stones. we capture some evp's at this time. I will not tell you whatthe team thinks it says. this would ruin the evidence collected. I am apologizing for not publishing the evp's and the investigation until now. but I have been experiencing some technical
problems posting the wav. files that we collected on this webpage. It's not my intent to keep anyone in suspense. the evp's are very important and produces sounds not created by any team member. i will working diligently on this problem, I will post them as soon as I can.

Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#4 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:43 PM

I found a rock it was very flat and it had the impression of the devil's face in it. I took the rock and cleaned it up and laid it on a paper towel to dry and I went back later to pick it up and where the mouth was there was foam coming out of it. I showed the stone to my husband and he picked it up and threw back out the door.

#5 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

Ange that was very interesting info. Your awsome. I've been to MAine (one place out of Ma I have been LMAO) and have heard of this legand. It was pretty interesting, Maine is full of legands and Histoys as is most of New England. Thanks for the info though. You do awsome work!
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#6 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:13 AM

Ange that was very interesting info. Your awsome. I've been to MAine (one place out of Ma I have been LMAO) and have heard of this legand. It was pretty interesting, Maine is full of legands and Histoys as is most of New England. Thanks for the info though. You do awsome work!

:) Awww thanks!
*blushes*

#7 Gayle Virgin

Gayle Virgin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:33 AM

Manchester Maine- Devil's Footprint

I grew up in Manchester Maine and I was lucky enough to have seen the boulder with a man's footprint next to a huge 3-4 {can't remember, I was scared to death} pointed toed foot print said to be the devil's foot print. It was a place for teenagers to go and tell ghost story's late at night and walk around the grave yard. You can search the local paper- Kennebec Journal for the stories of it being moved. I heard the stone was removed about ten yrs ago and it reapeared at the church once again. But then again the same person told me this, that took me there so many years ago.

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

I found a rock it was very flat and it had the impression of the devil's face in it. I took the rock and cleaned it up and laid it on a paper towel to dry and I went back later to pick it up and where the mouth was there was foam coming out of it. I showed the stone to my husband and he picked it up and threw back out the door.

Several natural rocks will foam like that; that's why people will soak rocks they find in water before adding that to their aquariums. Your rock probably had some calcium (lime) in it.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#9 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:50 PM

, and yes it is a very curious shape not something nature could do itself.

<span style='color:purple'>Honey there's not much that nature CANT do.
Sounds like we have an urban legend on our hands!!(but that is just my opinion seeing as I do not believe in the devil)
Have you heard of any stories of any hauntings at this place?
As for the story it is very interesting. If you could possibly provide me with the name of the church I might be able to dig some stuff up for you.
Here in CT we have a similar story~Devil's Hopyard. But that is for another thread!</span>

Can you take pictures of it?

#10 taco

taco

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

The church is not abandoned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users