Are you Afraid?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 purpletiger811

purpletiger811

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

Is anyone here afraid of ghosts or anything supernatural? If you were locked in a room with a ghost, would any of you people reading this be afriad?
I know I wouldn't because I was raised around ghosts. I am so used to them, it's not even funny. Yes, I get a startled whe I am with them, but I say "Hi" and get on with my business.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:12 PM

I moved this thread to the General board where I feel it will get the attention that it deserves.

To answer your question...I am not afraid of them either. They can't do anything to hurt me too bad so I know that I will survive it no matter what they do. I would try and communicate with it and try to collect evidence of it if I had the equipment to do so with me. I am a paranormal investigator so I seek out ghosts. I sure am not going to be afraid of them once I find them. If that were the case then it would be time to give up looking for them.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Zodiac

Zodiac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:DDR, Snakes & The Super Natural

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

I study ghosts alot & when I grow older I'd really like to be a ghost hunter since it interests me. Anyway I'm not scared of ghosts unless I'm sleeping & I wake up at night & one suddenly appears though if I'd be expecting it or locked in a room with the entity I wouldn't be scared I'd just try to communicate.

#4 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

well that depends on what the ghost was doing at the time, if it was just there, then probably not, i seem to feel them around me anyhow and it dosent stop me doing my day to day business..! If the ghost was doing freaky stuff, or throwing stuff around or trying to hurt me then yeah, i'd be scared!

#5 poisonette

poisonette

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:57 PM

I'd have to agree with Simmy. It depends on what it/they were doing.
However, it also depends on who it is too. I'm used to my husband's "follower" (goes everywhere with him) and he/she doesn't bother me.
The one that loves to follow me around the house that we call Jack, he's another story. He'll sneak up on me, hover outside my bedroom door, sneak in the bathroom when I'm in the shower, etc. He's constantly bugging me cause he knows it gets to me, especially when he's sneaky about it.

~Ari~
~Ari~

#6 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:03 PM

i guess Ari, at least you know who/what he is ( in a strange way thats got to make it easier?)

#7 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:15 PM

cant say im afraid...seems that i live with two of my folks whove passed on and nothing bad has happened to me yet :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#8 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

Nope not afraid at all. Just this week I was hit by a flying coffe cup, a tennis ball, and a big peice of wood. Of course it was my son doing this (we play rough) but living with a three year old can be scarier then living with a ghost.
:) :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#9 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:19 AM

I might be afriad if I thought my home or family were being threatened, but otherwise I am not afriad. But I have limited experience with the supernatural. I do sense spirits around me from time to time but never threatening.

There is only one time I was actually afraid. I did have some enitity that was in my room and very angry. Nothing ever happened but I could sense that she was there and not happy with me. But there was never any smells, noises, or anything physical that happened.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#10 kgsaunt

kgsaunt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:41 PM

Interesting thread. :weeee: I have never been able to see ghosts/spirits or communicate with them but I can feel when they are present. Oh yeah, one time I did smelled the cologne of an entity!

With that said, it still scares me when I am alone in a room with something I can't see, even if it is a peaceful/non-malicious entity.

I have been in a situation where the entity was malicious and did try to harm me. At least I felt like he was trying to harm me, both mentally and physically (he just didn't have very good aim, I think it is safe to assume he was not a baseball player in life, HA HA).

I just don't like not being able to see what is around me, it kinda freaks me out!! I won't even swim in lakes or rivers because I can't see what is in the water with me!

For everyone out there who can continue on normally when they know they are not alone, well, you are all VERY BRAVE in my book!! If I ever run into another unwanted house guest I hope I can count on some of you for assistance!!

#11 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:31 PM

If I'm being perfectly honest I'd be very nervous, verging on afraid... mainly because I wouldn't know what to expect

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#12 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

When I sense a spirit it feels like fear but is more like excitement than anything. If it's fear it's a repectful fear and not an all out crapping my pants scare. Now, snakes get near me and I'm running away fast. I have a severe phobia about snakes.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#13 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:43 PM

Hmmm...probably not. I often wonder when I watch Paranormal Shows on TV why on earth they keep screaming and running (I mean...beyond the entertainment value of watching grown men and women scream and run....lol)

Of course, I've not to my memory had an encounter that I can say for 100% sure was paranormal in nature.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#14 Mike

Mike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:42 PM

This is often said in our field...

"There is much more to fear in the living then there is in the dead..."

#15 PreTeenGhostHunter

PreTeenGhostHunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Hey I'm Meghan... jah.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:28 PM

I'd be kinda afriad, if the spirt would harm me... But i would think its a nice fealing. If it was NOT to harm you

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users