• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 05:15 PM

In the 1950's Newspaper magnate William Randall Hearst, Sr, at the age of 58, began the construction of a concrete block and steel rod castle in central California. Today the monument is still unfinished and is held by the state of California.

Over Thanksgiving I had the opportunity to talk with one of the Tour Guides who mentioned that strange things had been heard and seen on the night tours*unconfirmed*Hearst the Elder*for older villagers or history buffs, this is the Grandfather of Patty Hearst*was a collector of oddities and antiques, including coffins and Reliquaries from the 12th Century. Unfortunately overnight stays are impossible due to
the antiques, oddities and attack dogs...has anyone heard anything about encounters here?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:52 PM

*Perks up* Castle, did you say Castle! I have not ever heard it was haunted but can imagine with all of the antiques (especially the coffins you mentioned) that makes a good breeding ground for some activity...sorry I couldnt be of any help Whispers, but would so appreciate if you find anything further out about the Castle :P
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#3 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:27 AM

wow, that's awesome. i feel a roadtrip coming on.

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#4 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 02:19 PM

Sorry to be a stickler for details, Whispers, but his name was actually William Randolph Hearst.  Also, it's not really much of a "castle" per-se as a whole bunch of buildings grouped together on a huge estate.  The main house does sort of resemble a castle, but it looks a whole lot more like a spanish cathedral.

here is the official website for y'all:

http://www.hearstcastle.org/
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 01:10 PM

Howdy, Lady Willow, I've never actually been to the Castle or saw a picture of it, the TG I talked with was very vague,
except to say such things were unconfirmed and the State totally denies any unusual activity...given my druthers,give
me a nice castle in the UK to explore [smiley=cwm12.gif]

Hiya, Lady Pan...The night tours are booked 'til late March [smiley=cwm6.gif]

Howdy, Mastermind, thanks, Man...out of curiousity, are you in the area or Cal for that matter?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:08 PM

Hi whispers.  Nope, I am not in California... I live wayyyy over in Kansas City.  I haven't ever been to california.

Yeah, I was going to say something about the state maybe denying rumors of the paranormal.  Their website and brochure say nothing about it.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#7 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 09:54 AM

given my druthers,give
me a nice castle in the UK to explore [smiley=cwm12.gif]

You get over 'ere and you gotta ya'self a pard'ner, Sheriff!! :P ;) ;D

JJ. 8)

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:20 PM

Hi, Mastermind,
I'd LOVE an opportunity to spend the night there, the attack
dogs represent a problem though and my command of German is non-existant*LOLs at images of screaming "Come get me, Sweetie!" in German*Maybe I can confuse them into total subdual

Hi, Justice...I'm looking at Ireland or Scotland first, but you're most welcome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users