dreams of dead relatives

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 katelsutton

katelsutton

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

Hi i'm new to this site so sorry if i've posted in the wrong place!!
I've had lots of relatives pass away including my grandparents in 1993 then my aunt died in 2001, i was very close to her then my mum passed away in 2004 very suddenly of a heart attack. I have reacurring dreams about my mum and it freaks me out abit. In life my mum suffered from mental illness and spent lots of time in hospital because of it. When she passed away she had told me where she wanted to be buried, etc etc. which i followed to a tee. My dreams are always when my mum was ill i never seem to have nice dreams about her and i've also had the dream where i thought she wasn't really dead which was really upsetting when i woke up to find out she was after all!! i'm just wondering if she is angry with me in some way?? also i have regular dreams about my other relatives and i'm always in their houses?? they never speak but they are there?? I'm just wondering if someone has any idea of what these dreams mean?? i would be really grateful as i'm wondering if they are cross with me or if they are just "visiting me" please reply!! thanks Kate

#17 z.t.

z.t.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

I dream of my grandma quite often really. I personally take it as a sign that I am blessed and lucky to have dreams of this nature.
Because I get to hug my grandma again and tell her how much I miss her and wish she was still here.

Maybe she is just visiting me. I know many people that would like to have a dream like that,(who wouldn't) but never get to. Blessed.

sometimes I dream of my grandfather and for some reason when I dream of him he gives me strange messages. Usually about someone dying. Yet I never feel blessed or lucky to know these kind of things in advance. I dont want to know. ya know?

#18 ubee0173

ubee0173

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:47 AM

this happens to me a lot, and usually the relative is trying to tell me something, like take care of yourself or look for something-or-other... they usually look like a healthier or younger version of themselves, i'm guessing how they saw themselves or would like to be remembered... once, though i had a dream my grandma was dressed like normal, wearing make-up and everything, but she was sort of.. mummy-ish? it was really scary. usually my dreams are about my aunt and grandma together, and we go shopping or something ridiculous, but not scary. i've only had one dream with my grandpa, though who died when i was six, and he was with my dad, who died last year, and we were trying to find something in a shed... maybe they were trying to alert me to some hidden fortune in the floor panels :)

#19 Neko

Neko

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Photography, Warhammer 40k, helping as much people as I can.

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:46 AM

A few years ago my grandfather died, he had severe lung problems etc.
Several days later, i think it was two days in fact, I had a dream about me and my grandfather being in a meadow, underneath a big tree and at a festivity table with a white tablecloth and alot of good food on it. There were other people but I did not pay them any attention. My grandfather was telling me that he felt good and content, no more pain etc.

When I woke up I felt at peace, I can still remember that dream very well. and I choose to believe that it was my grandfather letting me know that all was ok now.

N.
Posted ImageDisclaimer; I will always try to give my honest and personal opinion, with no offence intended.

#20 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

I've had dreams of my father that passed on many years ago off and on. He would sometimes be driving the car or some other kind of visit. He'd never say a word. I think he wasn't able to or not allowed to. After so many dreams I got tired of silence and got upset with him and tried to get him to talk. I tried this in several dreams and it was never good. Don't ever try that.

My grandfather has appeared a few times in dreams as well. He never believed that we continued past death and that was just the end of it. In my first dream of him, I visited him in his house. He painted it yellow. I asked him about what he was doing here. I thought he was dead. He replied that he was just pulling a scam on the insurance company and was faking it. He would hide out in the garage (his favorite place to hang out) and not show himself to anybody. He really thought that he was still alive. It was such a strong feeling that I had been convinced myself for several months, going over the stuff from the funeral and visiting grandma and looking around to see if he was hiding about until I was sure that he really died.
Now that I think about it, I wonder if the new owners of the house are having any odd experiences in the garage.

#21 roseanna

roseanna

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

Hi,

I remember a psychic on TVsaying once that sometimes dreams of the dead can be completely random and have no major significance, but when they are repetitive and persistent, it may be their way of telling you that they're ok, or perhaps something more specific - the white light surrounding them suggests they are letting you know they are in a very happy and positive place.
Roseannawww.roseannashauntedhouse.blogspot.com

#22 private1863

private1863

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

I have dreams a lot about my mother and brother quite often as well as other dead relitives (not as often) I always think of them coming for a visit although I have to say they are never thought of as dead in some ways it is a comfort to know they are there at least in my mind I have never noticed if it is a high stress time when I could be looking for comfort or reassurence whatever the reason it is nice to see them

#23 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:38 AM

You know it seems for me dead relatives don't just have the time to visit. I admit I come from a very large family the only relatives I was close to before thier deaths were my Grandma, Dad and brother and none of them have contacted me. None of them were true believers so when they passed they just kept on going. I knew my brother was very appreciative of my husband and I who along with my niece were at his side when he suddenly passed from a massive stroke at 56 I felt him go willingly and with no good-by. My Grandmother thought I was a disappointment and by dad suffered so much I think he is just glad to be gone. If there is a bright light and a tunnel I didn't see it when I went into full arrest last May and have often wondered who would be there to greet meet if I had passed. I am in no hurry to find out. :ghost:

#24 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:23 PM

It's too bad in a way that they can come visit us through dreams when they want to, but we can't visit them (without dying or close to) when we want to. I don't know if I expressed that too well. I hope you know what I mean.

#25 dipalm

dipalm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

I believe that your mom crossed over right away and it may have taken your grandma a little longer. When they appeared together, your mom was probably showing you that they were together now. Ghosts (or earthbound spirits) are still here among us, while Spirits that have crossed over come back to visit. They have a higher vibration - and can sometimes appear to float and appear in our dreams a lot! They don't need to speak, because most of thier messages are telepathic - you recieved their message, you just didn't "hear" it. If you sit quietly and try to tune in, maybe it will come in the form of a feeling. Spirit visits are always about love and healing. I believe from what you said that both have crossed over into the light and will be able to visit you anytime that you need them to. Look for signs of thier visits as well - my sister passed away and she always leaves me a white feather after she visits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users