Devils & Demons

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#46 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:06 AM

This opens a question for me.....

What is a Demon/Evil Spirit?

Thats a tough question and there are alot of outlooks on this..And all should be respected....

But my outlook could be alittle different.......What if we are who we dont belive to be?......Can we all be born as a evil spirit?....How does a Demon cause someone to murder?....Or is that who we really are?

I think there are alot of questions that should be asked before some us try to tell others what to believe or think.....
"You only get 1 shot!"

#47 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:30 PM

well i see everyone is here wondering what demons and evil are , and most with there experiences and religion based facts debate about evil. based on religion evil are angels cast from hell ,,, based on experience evil is something that wants to cause harm or moraly bad things ....
according to some evil is that which does horrible things(inhumane)etc.according to webster dictionary morally bad or wrong.... but who is to say what is horrible? or inhumane? or wrong? atrocities are commited by man,, examples ,, rhawanda(the killing of africans) ), iraq( iraqis, etc), the congo(africans), germany(the killing of jews),etc... what is real evil ? humans?

and so i think after all this evil is that based on religion and the evil created by human as being morally bad or wrong, . so when u talk about evil i believe u must talk about morals that are bad( which is subjective) and religion( subjective)... and if u talk about demons( which are said to be evil) then one must be talking about religion.

as far as humans go,, they can be evil based on the definition of what they have commited in past history...that is doing morally bad things... the words evil and demon are usually used interchageably so hence the confusion as to what we think is evil or demons.... and again everything based on religion or experiences.... and no matter what side u pick there will alwasy be skeptics and believers ....so enjoy the stories ...

#48 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:40 AM

Just because one may believe in one way dosent mean thats they way it is.....So thats why I was saying just to respect others.....And learn from what ohters share....

Also just because someone asks a question dosent mean they dont have an answer to it already......My answer may not fall under the same as someone elses...

My answer.....

Evil is ignorance of your creator.....Not what one does or dosent do....Its who you are and know....

Demons is a 3 fold unrightious intenty......And will never know or understand the one who created him....He is complete ignorant!

But thats just my outlook on it.........
"You only get 1 shot!"

#49 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:42 PM

Well, see... then really, there is no reason to debate one's opinions. If it truly is just one's point of view, then why argue it? Rarely does one change someone's opinion on something.

#50 Lonely_Soul

Lonely_Soul

Doesn't like labels

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:skateboarding,snowboarding,comdey movies,james masters,buffy the vampire slayer,xena,afi,misfits,spitalfield

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:41 PM

I know a lot of people on here will agree that there are positive and negative spirits out there, but how many of you believe in devils & demons?  I get a thrill out of reading Ed & Lorraine Warren's website about their investigations.  I believe they exist personally, but I wonder what the rest of GV thinks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I belive in them..iam not sure why but i do :lol:
<marquee>Be YourSelf......You were born an orginal don't die a copy.</marquee>Posted ImagePosted Image<marquee>@~!Death is gods way of telling you your fired!~@</marquee>

#51 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:44 AM

I for one am tired of hearing the politically correct tune of moral relativity. For a lot of people these days morality is relative until they run across a sex offender or serial killer, and then we hear the words, "Monster", and "evil".

Man is capable of a whole lot of meanness, evil, and violence all on his own, but to go that last rotten step I think that he needs a push. They said something similar in that new movie, "Constantine", and it was as if someone had read my mind.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#52 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:42 PM

There are two sides. In the end, both will know..... and in the end, is it really going to matter? Will we be remember more for some reason or another for having attempted to bash points of view... from one to another?

Does it really matter? Will the world end sooner?

#53 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:27 AM

There are two sides.  In the end, both will know..... and in the end, is it really going to matter?  Will we be remember more for some reason or another for having attempted to bash points of view... from one to another?

Does it really matter?  Will the world end sooner?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naw, the only reason is to caution people who are sometimes a little too brave.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#54 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:29 PM

Demons are as real as the easter bunny!
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#55 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

Demons are as real as the easter bunny!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does he deliver hard, or soft boiled?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#56 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:30 PM

hard boiled that are painted pretty colours.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#57 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:51 AM

What's your guy's take on Ed & Lorraine Warren?

http://www.warrens.net/

Are they frauds or legit paranormal investigators?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I have further discredited the Warrens by researching them. They are the ones who George and Kathy Lutz called upon to investigate their "haunted" house in Amityville. It has been exposed and proven over the years that the Lutzes concocted the story to capitalize on the murders which took place there in 1974. Since the Lutzes moved out, there have neen no incidents reported there. The Warrens have claimed and still claim (on the website that Jamison links to) that the house was occupied by "evil spirits". Maybe the Warrens were cut in on the money from the books and films too. Since finding out they were the ones called to Amityville it shed a whole new light on their orginization. I find them full of hogwash!!!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#58 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

What's your guy's take on Ed & Lorraine Warren?

http://www.warrens.net/

Are they frauds or legit paranormal investigators?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I have further discredited the Warrens by researching them. They are the ones who George and Kathy Lutz called upon to investigate their "haunted" house in Amityville. It has been exposed and proven over the years that the Lutzes concocted the story to capitalize on the murders which took place there in 1974. Since the Lutzes moved out, there have neen no incidents reported there. The Warrens have claimed and still claim (on the website that Jamison links to) that the house was occupied by "evil spirits". Maybe the Warrens were cut in on the money from the books and films too. Since finding out they were the ones called to Amityville it shed a whole new light on their orginization. I find them full of hogwash!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am embarassed to find myself in the position of defending the Warrens. A release was made by one of the sons of the Lutz family. He claimed that some weird events did take place. Everything has been blown up over time, but that house certainly had reason to be haunted if any house did.

This is not directly related, but it bears upon the phenomena. A lot of the more dramatic and violent hauntings do not seem to last long. The most haunted room in London was so bad at one point that no one could spend more than a few minutes in the room without dieing of fright or going crazy. The room was locked up for a number of years, and now appears to be normal.

The Warren's I only know by reputation. Currently they have become involved in activities which I find embarassing. But what of that? Martin Sheen did a wonderful job of acting in Appocalypse Now, but lately he's doing infomercials. Whatever the Warrens have become does not change what they were.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#59 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:15 PM

And not to get too far off subject, here's a link to an interesting article.

Origins of Devils and Demons
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#60 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:08 PM

As an anthropologist who has spent a good part of the last 15 or 20 years of my reading time studying prehistoric european magic, i have to say that you found a nicely condescending website.

A dichotomous religious structure is not new. Good and evil, at least the concepts, go back to the dawn of time. So do evil spirits, and nature spirits of greater or lesser malevolence to man.

So, it comes right back to the same old skeptic board dilemma, do you believe in the supernatural or not? If you do, are you willing to accept the possibility of spirits other than human ones?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users