Devils & Demons

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#61 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:21 PM

Demons are as real as the easter bunny!

Yes, its true. I've seen both!
No really....

I for one am tired of hearing the politically correct tune of moral relativity. For a lot of people these days morality is relative until they run across a sex offender or serial killer, and then we hear the words, "Monster", and "evil".

Man is capable of a whole lot of meanness, evil, and violence all on his own, but to go that last rotten step I think that he needs a push. They said something similar in that new movie, "Constantine", and it was as if someone had read my mind.

Here, Hear! :Spaz:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#62 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:46 PM

after hearing the evps on coast to coast twoo nights ago.. wow i couldt listen to all of them after that i turned it off. .bone scary stuff,. sometimes ignorance is bliss. becarefull what you seek you just might find it.

peace. matt32

#63 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:16 AM

Thats why I'm not seeking it. lol I'll leave that up to the professionals.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#64 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:18 AM

I've been off of the board for awhile. It's good to be back.

Dave! You made Elder in some sort of record time, congratulations!

To business:

The whole topic of good and evil is a sensitive one at GV. Perhaps it is because so many contributors come from onetime Christian backgrounds and fear that they may be endangering their souls by exploring our favorite topics.

This feeling/opinion is not unique to GV; Western Civilization has descended into a pit of moral relativism. Everyone cries," Whose morality is right? Who is truly good? Aren't we just dealing with social conventions?".

The question of Good and Evil is predicated upon one or both of two hypotheses: either we define "Evil" as all that which is consciously inimicable to man, or we suppose an objective moral polarity in some discernable room of our universe of real experience.

In polite society it is possible to ignore Evil, or even fail to definitively encounter it. When pushed to extreme behavior, man begins to demonstrate our versions of "Good", and "Evil". Sometimes, just sometimes, we are blessed by encountering the figures behind the curtain that cast the shadows of our reality. True Evil and Good are unmistakeable when encountered, but being human, we quickly discount what we've seen or done, and convincing anyone else of our experience is about as possible as convincing anyone of anything, i.e. impossible.

Edited by Markway, 10 April 2006 - 04:20 AM.

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#65 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:12 AM

I always say that evil spirits are spirits who were bad in their lives and so are still portraying the same traits. I say this because I have never have any proof that this is otherwise. I am still open to the idea though.

One thing that does worry me though is that we did ask the tapping spirit about this once. He was in a mood where he was answering all sorts of our questions about the afterlife etc. I did ask him if there were other spirits in the courthouse that did not come from humans and he said "yes"(1 tap) He could have been lying but I just felt like he wasnt as he answered some other questions before that which seemed to be truthful.

If I ever find this out myself through experience I think it could be the day that I give up ghost investigating.....seriously. I dont want to bite off anymore than I can chew. Its been enough that I have discovered what I have and that might just be too much for me to handle.

#66 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:32 AM

Dear Feu:

I don't mean to cloud your day, but my research, such as it is, points to non-human "ghosts" as well as human. I don't believe that all of these are demons by any means, but I am very cautious about mediumship or Ouija boards. It's like taking a lightning rod outside during a thunderstorm.

I suspect that most poltergeist activity is caused by non-human entities using human life-energy to create kinetic phenomena. I have also heard far too many accounts of certain sorts of people being followed home from the burial ground. Some people look just like a Big Mac to certain entities on the other side.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#67 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:28 PM

i believe that you can get evil spirits and good spirits, the evil spirits i think would still be on the lower planes because of what they have done in thier lifetime.

but as for the devil - no, the devil was made up by religion to scare us.
Posted Image

#68 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:32 PM

I suspect that most poltergeist activity is caused by non-human entities using human life-energy to create kinetic phenomena.

One of the places that we have been investigating for about 10 months has activity in it that most would say is from a poltergeist. Now a lot of people say that poltergeist activity is caused from a human themselves and their energy and that no other entities are involved. I dont agree with this at all.

The spirit that we hear and see does a lot of things that are classed under poltergeist activity. He moves things and makes things roll onto the floor to attract attention, He pokes and prods, blows breath on peoples faces, exudes a odour that seems to smell of sweat or something, bangs on doors and tables, turns off equipment, shows as shadows and once even as a black shiny human form with arms folded, makes audible sounds near our ears and sometimes creates lights that cannot be explained and plays around with the girls earrings. This spirit is definitely a person who died just across the road from the courthouse on the scaffold in the gaol. I have researched this particular spirit at the state library and the canberra university. Everything he tells us always proves true on researching.

Spirits that are destructive are not always spirit that do not originate from humans. You can have these spirits who lived a destructive life of themselves and others and still continue to be like this when they find themselves suddenly in a limbo type existence. These spirits had no respect for life when they had a body and continue to think the same in death. They will do every annoying thing they can think of that will piss us off. They know they cant be seen most of the time and at other times they will show just enough to try to create fear. They have emotions and anger is definitely one of them.

#69 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:32 AM

Dear Feur,

Your conclusions match-up very well with my own. Sometimes I found it convenient to simply classify manifestations by type; visual, kinetic, instrument readings, etc. It occurred to me that when I did this I was simply ranking phenomenae in accordance with the energy expenditure!

When observing this particular entity, have you noticed a correlation between: A.) a particular individual, B.) an area previously known to be haunted, or C.) a burial ground? I ask, as these are all on my list of of known energy sources.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#70 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:44 AM

By the way, Ms. Rat Girl:,

For your own safety's sake do not accept the lie of modern culture. It denies the existence of the supernatural world, not just "religion". Christianity has been moribund in Britain since the return of Charles the Second. During the past 50 years it has become fashionable to be totally secular.

I have seen even pagans use Christian elements in their spiritual cleansings. If you choose to dismiss Christ as a "Great Teacher", or some such folly, please be very careful in your spiritual...transactions.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#71 Anomaly

Anomaly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The Occult, Paranormal investigation/research/studies, mediumship, free-lance photography, writing (short stories, poetry), hiking, horticulture, music, baseball, tennis, animal welfare, counceling....to name a few of the more important. *wink*

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

I'm not sure really. I don't believe in the "devil" archtype, but I do believe that demons could exist. At least that is what they're usually called when they're causing harm upon people. I have always been intrigued yet skeered outta my wits by the possibility of demonic possession. I don't disbelieve...let's put it that way.

I lived in a house that was thought to have a poltergeist. I didn't live there long enough to have it investigated. I didn't want to stay. I moved out a month after having signed the lease. I lied to my landlord and told him I was taking a job in another city and had to move (I can only imagine if I had tried to tell him that the place was haunted)!

We would have stuff literally thrown across the room while we were watching television or eating dinner. I remember one night my boyfriend and I were watching a movie and the entire CD shelf just fell over. It was a very heavy oak shelf, about 6 feet in height. It scared the hell out of the both of us to the point that we left and spent the night at his mothers house. There was also the fact that the television would turn off and on and the volume would be at the highest decible it could reach. This would happen in the middle of the night while we were sleeping.

I don't know what it was..but it didn't like us on bit!
Posted ImageThere was something awesome in the thought of the solitary mortal standing by the open window and summoning in from the gloom outside the spirits of the nether world.

#72 rogerfl

rogerfl

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:demons

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:19 AM

devils and demons are definately real........i have expirienced them for myself......definately real..very real
Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -Socrates-The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates-

#73 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:37 PM

Real indeed.
One of my favorite lines from the movie "The Usual Suspects" is when the character of Verbal says "The greatest lie the devil ever told, was to convince the world he doesn't exist".
That gave me the willies...

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#74 snappygator

snappygator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:16 AM

Demons are real, angels are real. I have seen both. Both are a sight, I lived in a posessed house for a year. Of course the upstairs neighbors performing questionable religious rights above us wasn't helping our situation at all either. One day I'll have to write a big thing about everything that happened in that apartment. It still hasn't rented since we moved out. We moved out in July of last year.

Andrea

#75 Mistteak

Mistteak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:horses<br />animals<br />ghosts<br />this site

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:09 AM

Wow, you all sure covered some ground. As I have no religious background, i would say my person thoughts on "devil" would be the supreme bad bay of the afterlife, perhaps not one, but used as a word to define the most troublesome (for want of a better word) entity. Demons would be those which perhaps classified, as something other than was once human.

I think the afterlife exists, I think that there is more than one plane, and I think that some religions, try to scare people in to being good, and look for excuses instead of trying to find the cause.

I personaly think, that like in real life in all creatures, what we are now would transpire across that plane .. if you were comical, good, nasty , mean or vindictive would follow.

wether it be human or animal, imagine a cranky dog with rabies as a ghost just wondering through?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users