• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 Jamison

Jamison

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

I know a lot of people on here will agree that there are positive and negative spirits out there, but how many of you believe in devils & demons? I get a thrill out of reading Ed & Lorraine Warren's website about their investigations. I believe they exist personally, but I wonder what the rest of GV thinks.
DOG is my co-pilot.

#2 chillartist

chillartist

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

Sorry I cant think of a uber- beings caring on our moral scale either way.Why play with toys when u can play with atomic equations and such?I think in my opinion that if poes exsist like the ws perscribe they have more to do with either unknown human excesses or maladies or humans that have passed. Interesting topic though.peace.

#3 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:56 PM

I think the "devils & demons" are within us :weeee:
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:33 AM

I believe that devils and demons are simply religious scare tactics. The entire purpose of religion in my opinion is to make money. If there is something really horrible out there for people to be really afraid of, they will be more apt to donate to the church. It really is the greatest scam in history since it is legal and has gone on for so long. I have been investigating for quite a long time now and have never found any evidence of them to date. Just my opinion.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 star_2_glitter_4_u

star_2_glitter_4_u

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:04 AM

I do not believe there is a price for having faith...

If a person felt there is a spirit (be it evil or not) present , I do not think this person will run to the nearest church ready to dish out money.

There's always a "first" for everything....... vampireblood Just My Opinion

Starla***

#6 Jamison

Jamison

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:15 AM

What's your guy's take on Ed & Lorraine Warren?

http://www.warrens.net/

Are they frauds or legit paranormal investigators?
DOG is my co-pilot.

#7 Der_TodesEngel

Der_TodesEngel

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:power over ppl ;<br>sport (Pool , Hockey )<br>Sociology<br>Death <br>And wot happens After it.

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:51 PM

Is there a GOD?

if there is I dont say that ther is A god but meany of u ppl out there Believe in him y cant u Believe in Demons? Thy R Lussy`s Angels MAN.

Do u Believe in God the Black one or the white one
if u have ANS is yes 2 one of them u just have 2 believe in the other one.
How Stuped do u have 2 B not 2 C the REESON b heid this?

how meany of u read the Black BOOK ?
and that Book on mather how Rong that book is it will tell u about Demons and the Devil

:headbang:

The black Book is the Bybel 4 the ppl with an IQ under 20

The angel of death
:wave:

REMEMBER, IF YOU DIE A HERO, YOU'RE STILL DEAD.

#8 star_2_glitter_4_u

star_2_glitter_4_u

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

Jamison Posted on Today at 1:15 am
  What's your guy's take on Ed & Lorraine Warren?

http://www.warrens.net/

Are they frauds or legit paranormal investigators? 

I have heard about these people , but just now read more on their lives and investigations.

I believe they are paranormal investigators , but the fraud part is hard to say. They have several stories and pics to go along with them , so they could very well be legit.
It is hard to say when you are not there to witness.
What are your thoughts on them Jamison ? Do you or anyone you have dealt with ever seen them durring their investigations ?
Would be interesting to hear from witnesses.

I found the info on the " True Demomologists " very interesting as I have seen this take place with "GREAT" results.

So you see what I have seen could very well be just another story to others and they would just have to take my word for it , just as people would take Ed & Lorraine's.

So now this sheds a different light for me as I know what I have seen ...I believe they have had very many paranormal experiences.

Der_TodesEngel Posted on Today at 12:51 pm
  Is there a GOD?

if there is I dont say that ther is A god but meany of u ppl out there Believe in him y cant u Believe in Demons? Thy R Lussy`s Angels MAN.

Do u Believe in God the Black one or the white one
if u have ANS is yes 2 one of them u just have 2 believe in the other one.
How Stuped do u have 2 B not 2 C the REESON b heid this?

how meany of u read the Black BOOK ?
and that Book on mather how Rong that book is it will tell u about Demons and the Devil

The black Book is the Bybel 4 the ppl with an IQ under 20

The angel of death

So Der_TodesEngel ......

I didn't know there were 2 Gods...black/white.... And if a person believes in both God/Demons what is your reason behind this ?

Have you ever dealt with a devil/demon type experience....Felt the rage & hate they omit ?

Have you ever dealt with a Godly experience.....felt the love & compassion torwards all living beings He omits ?

Do you feel you can always have just one without the other ?

I do not think there is such a medium , but one can lean towards which ever they believe is right

Which way are you leaning ?? :clap:
Starla***

#9 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:57 PM

I do not believe there is a price for having faith...

If a person felt there is a spirit (be it evil or not) present , I do not think this person will run to the nearest church ready to dish out money.

There's always a "first" for everything....... vampireblood Just My Opinion

Starla***

Starla...I never said there was a price for having faith. The church does make money though, at least the ones that I have seen in my lifetime. I just believe that there are tactics to keep people believing and demons and devils are one of them. Heck, people can believe what they wish to, I don't condemn that, just like I believe what I want to. It doesn't matter anyway, it is belief and nothing more. It is cool no matter what people believe.

#10 star_2_glitter_4_u

star_2_glitter_4_u

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

krcguns Posted on May 10 2005, 08:33 AM
  I believe that devils and demons are simply religious scare tactics. The entire purpose of religion in my opinion is to make money. If there is something really horrible out there for people to be really afraid of, they will be more apt to donate to the church. It really is the greatest scam in history since it is legal and has gone on for so long. I have been investigating for quite a long time now and have never found any evidence of them to date. Just my opinion.

I know there are many scams out there Brian , but if I could I would like to let you know where our collection goes.....

Ok , Medical insurance , for people who can't afford to have an HMO. This takes care of all children's care and their parent/s that can not find work , from their teeth to their feet untill they can find work to supply for themselves.

WIC , program for families with low income and have children 5 & under. This supplies them with milk & juices etc.....to make sure these kids get
nourishment.

Shelter for battered women and their kids.

Anyway this is just to name a few.

Also when asked to come to a person's home to free it from whatever paranormal doings the people feel they have....there is never the asking for payment and not even a donation.

But yes there are scam artist out there ( all in the name of religion ) and swear they will take evil out of people's lives , make them rich , and the list goes on & on. But the catch is they want as they say "a friendly donation" and some start with $50.00 and go up !!!

On the demon subject , this word seems to me as a noun for "evil" You are lucky not to have run accross this and I hope you never do.

I would never condem you for what you believe/disblieve in and I hope you understand this.

Starla***

#11 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:59 AM

I am not saying that all religion is a scam to rip people off. I was simply stating where I believe that the demons and devils stories come from. I know that churches do a lot of good too.

I don't think I have to worry about encountering any demons or devils and I also don't condemn anyone for their beliefs. They are certainly welcome to them just as I am to mine.

#12 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:13 PM

Devils and Demons egh? :blush:

My entire basis of understanding in regards to paranormal phenomenon relates to energy . Geomagnetic and electromagnetic . In the largest majority of cases of witnessed phenomenon either of these two are present ( in some form) in high levels or abnormaly low levels. Demons , I think not . Devils , nope just the ones our mommys told us would get us if we didnt behave .

Can energy cause unexplainable and explainable phenomenon ? Yes. Is this a devil or demon , nope .

By my estimation Ed and Lorraine Warren have seen many things over the years , but they dont have definitive do they ? Either do I for that matter . Is what they witnessed real ? mabey mabey not . Thats for them to say .

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#13 Der_TodesEngel

Der_TodesEngel

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:power over ppl ;<br>sport (Pool , Hockey )<br>Sociology<br>Death <br>And wot happens After it.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:12 AM

Dear star_2_glitter_4_u

Let me start of by say ing that Yes i know how it feels 2 have hate in your live 4 i deal with it every day.

and yes ther wos a time in my live were i did like 2 b in the light of god (the GOD u know) but that wos not 4 me, and is still not 4 me!!!

"Do you feel you can always have just one without the other ?"
NO thav u heard of the Jing-Jang? (if not the Jing-Jang said that thers a litel bit of good in evil and a litel evil in good)

and 4 me
i`m just plain Evil wen i Need 2 b and wen i wont 2 b i dont have time 4 b ing the "Good person" it will get u no were in live.

ow Yes i`m a atheist just 2 let u know but believe me, Evil Know`s Evil.

Angel`s and Devils is the same thing, thay r just not on the some side.
4 every reaction ther`s an = and totaly opisit reaction.
it`s live`s way off = every thing out.
2 believe in the one u have 2 believe in the other. :hunter:

the :clap: is just as real as GOD.

Todes

REMEMBER, IF YOU DIE A HERO, YOU'RE STILL DEAD.

#14 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:52 AM

Just to point out that there are many religions that have an entitiy of some sort. I believe that there is a God and I believe there is a fallen angel named Lucifer (call him Devil, Satan, whatever you wish). Lucifer was cast out of heaven for the sin of pride. I don't think that is such a bad sin that it makes him go around making everyone miserable. I believe more in evil people that make everyone miserable. That's the true evil in the world!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#15 chillartist

chillartist

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:09 PM

Very interesting debate here ,althugh im not a fan of said topic.I tend to belive in my h -opinion that as with most things we cast our own morals and beliefs to things we dont understand or trouble us.Ive always had trouble beliving that higher powers would perscribe to our thoughts ,if they exsist (and i do belive in a creator )i think theyd be above our moral scale such as good and evil as we percieve it.Oh just one more time i dont belive in warrens although i guess it is a free country every one can make a buck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users