Bigfoot and other monsters

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

Tonight @ 11 pm on the history channel!

The mermaid, Abominable Snowman, giant squid, and dragons are all parts of myths and mysteries. But are some real? The Komodo Dragon was merely the stuff of local legend--until the dinosaur-like, very real giant reptile with an orange tongue and a fierce disposition was tracked down. Giant squids, measuring as long as 100 feet, have been found to really exist. We'll explore every possible explanation for these and other legendary creatures and find out if some might really exist.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:58 PM

Oh cool! I hope my History Channel and your History Channel are the same channel :)

Seriously, I think they are separate from each other with the same dang name. If I'm right, then I'll miss this cool sounding show.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:01 PM

Ooh that would be stinky!!
Check your online listings perhaps? (thats where I found this show)

This is my History Channel hope its the same!!

http://www.historychannel.com
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:08 PM

Ooo....UFO Files at 8 pm (subtitled Britian's X Files....looks interesting)

But.....

it doesn't appear to be the same History Channel as I have here in Canada (now that I think on it, our History Channel seems to be with Bell Globemedia or CTV or something like that....I do get A&E though).

Well, I'll check my own listings when I get home from work tonight and hopefully.... :)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:10 PM

well, I have HISTORY CHANNEL Too, but I assume the show timing could be different! :)
Posted Image

#6 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

There is a 911 call that is pretty popular right now that you can even download from off the Bigfoot site.

Here is the phone call :o (It opens with Windows Media Player)

Source:http://www.bfro.net/

#7 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:52 PM

well, I have HISTORY CHANNEL Too, but I assume the show timing could be different! :)

The times should be the same, but I would double check it Moon!

Vamp, is this your history channel?
http://www.historyte...uleTime=evening

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:54 PM

Yup! That's the one!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

but Yorkie that would be past midnight for me! :o
Posted Image

#10 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

Yay!! Hopefully we can find something good for you to watch!

#11 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:06 PM

but Yorkie that would be past midnight for me! :o

They don't have it catered to your time zone??

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:12 PM

Actually, the Travel Channel is generally my best bet for shows about the paranormal and odd creatures/happenings/hauntings. Funny, eh? :weeee: Discovery Civilizations will from time to time have stuff on UFO's and the like, and Space will also have that stuff too.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

this is an old thread, but seriously? Are there Bigfoot? How come no one's found a corpse? Or is 'foot just a legend after all?

#14 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

The show "Monster Quest" is also on History Channel. They had a show on about the swamp apes which some believe to be bigfoot like but not as tall. They also did an experiment with a deer carcass and time lapse photography to see how fast it would decompose. It took about 7 days for the carcass to nearly disappear in the damp environment. FWIW, when I lived in Michigan I was an avid hunter and outdoorsman. I really have never seen so much as a deer carcass in the woods so it would seem unlikely that someone would find a sasquatch or skunk-ape carcass. So with that in mind, I think it may be possible for an ape-like creature to exist.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#15 Dryad

Dryad

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:I like reading, and I love Nature. I aslo like doing Tarot.

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:47 AM

I belive in all those mythed mosters, and stuff. I'm a big fan of Bigfoot, and Nessy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users