• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

this is an old thread, but seriously? Are there Bigfoot? How come no one's found a corpse? Or is 'foot just a legend after all?

An old thread, and Jen may not even be around anymore, but since this is a popular question in relation to Bigfoot, I'll resurrect it if nobody minds.

Why haven't we found a corpse of a Bigfoot? Well, you have to realize where the Sasquatch supposedly lives, in the woods, and quite often, in the very deep woods. As an experiment, take a piece of meat and leave it out in the woods, go back the next day. I can almost guarantee that that piece of meat will be gone.
I've been hunting for 25 years and time and again I've seen gut-piles disappear overnight. Literally overnight. I harvested a deer, dressed it out, and taken it home. I've gone back to the exact spot less than 12 hours later, and the entire gut-pile is gone and there's no sign of it.
Aside from the explanation that everything in the woods took a piece or a bite of a Sasquatch carcass, you also have natural decay. Of course it depends on the weather, the climate, and the type of soil in any given area, but anything left in the woods will decay. Now, if your talking about the Pacific NorthWest, and a Sasquatch expires deep in the woods, what are the chances that someone will stumble across the body?
There's is also the theory that the Sasquatch may eat their dead. It's not an uncommon thing actually. One of the biggest predators of immature bears, are adult bears.
For the amount of food that it would take to power such a large animal as a Sasquatch, I find it hard to understand why a body wouldn't be used as a form of sustenance.
Hope that answers your question Jen.

#17 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

Good information Corey! Those are things I hadn't considered - but it leaves the question - what about the bones?

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#18 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

Another good question Belle! I consider bones to be nothing more than remains. Sure they will last longer, but they will eventually rot away.
There are also a number of animals that will gnaw on bones. Also you have to take into consideration that anything left on the forest floor will eventually be covered up by falling leaves, pine needles, and downed trees.
In my experience, most folks who venture out into the woods will stick to established man-made trails as well as game trails. The chances that a Sasquatch will drop dead in an area that has frequent human visitors is rather low.
As we know, elephants are prone to seek out very out-of-the-way places to die. Somehow they know that they aren't long for this world and will seek out of the way places to expire.
Years ago, I tried an experiment using a road-kill deer carcass. I wanted to see how long it would take for any traces of it to disappear. I took the carcass from where I found it, and placed it in the woods near a small river. Periodically, about once a week or so, I would go back and see what condition it was in. After about 3 months of this, no traces were left, including the bones.
Now I dont know where you live, but I'd imagine you can think of some spots where people just dont go that often. A Sasquatch is substantially larger than a deer sure, but I'd imagine that after a year or so, all traces of a carcass would disappear.

#19 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

The show "Monster Quest" is also on History Channel. They had a show on about the swamp apes which some believe to be bigfoot like but not as tall. They also did an experiment with a deer carcass and time lapse photography to see how fast it would decompose. It took about 7 days for the carcass to nearly disappear in the damp environment. FWIW, when I lived in Michigan I was an avid hunter and outdoorsman. I really have never seen so much as a deer carcass in the woods so it would seem unlikely that someone would find a sasquatch or skunk-ape carcass. So with that in mind, I think it may be possible for an ape-like creature to exist.

Pretty much the same answer I gave, but I will add something. I have seen a few deer bones (but never a carcass) on one occasion in the Michigan forest. But then again deer are a rather common creature.

Edited by Axman, 21 November 2009 - 09:14 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#20 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

Do you guys think that Bigfoot has like great night vision? I ask that because it seems to elude those investigators who probably investigate at night. This might sound like a flaky question but has the US gov't ever formally done an investigation on the bigfoot? I mean like a Project Blue Book type of investigation?

Whatever

#21 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

I'd imagine that it might have better night-vision than say, we do. Can they see in pitch blackness and it looks like daytime? I doubt that. I'm sure they've adapted in some ways to the way they live. I can't see why they wouldn't have adapted some enhanced night-vision capabilities.

I am not aware of any government investigation into the Sasquatch phenomena. There have been reports from military folks, on military property, and while on duty elsewhere. I don't know the extent of those investigations or even if one was ever performed.
There are a few cases where ex-military passed along reports after they had left the service.
There is really no reason for the government to investigate the potential of the existence of the Sasquatch. In relation to UFO's, that could potentially be a matter of national security, and if I'm correct, that was one of the reasons for Project BlueBook.
All we can hope for is that if these creatures are in fact proven to exist, that there will be laws put in place to protect them and the habitat that sustains them.

#22 Jacob_JABP

Jacob_JABP

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

Awesome! I believe that bigfoot exists... I actually think that I have spotted
him.
...JSB...

#23 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:32 AM

This is a little off topic, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw this post.

A couple years ago, my class and I went on a camping trip. Around 8 o'clock at night all these rumors started sparking that a couple of my classmates claimed to have seen big foot in the woods. And then that night, they thought they saw a huge furry creature standing outside their tent door.

Of course they finally confessed it was untrue, but I thought it was amazing how something so small could concern so many people and convince them it was true.

I personally don't believe in all this stuff, and when I watch the Big Foot Hunter kinds of shows I can only laugh because it seems to me their wasting their time. Just my opinion not making that a statement.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#24 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

I think someone should take ghost hunting gear into the deep woods of the Pacific Northwest to try and communicate with the ghost of a Bigfoot =P. Maybe Bigfoot really is just a Ghost and that's why we only ever get grainy out of focus pictures and no one can ever find him when looking for him. lol....it's a whole new scientific field, Paranormal Investigating Cryptozoology.

#25 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

BringOntheGhosts, I can completely understand where your coming from. Doesn't take much to start a rumor, and Im sure that alot of the reports are just that, a rumor.
But, that being said, of all the thousands of reports, can they all be made up or misidentifications?
If most people told their friends and family that they saw a Sasquatch, what would the reaction be? They would probably look at them like were crazy right?
So what would motivate someone to volunteer to be though of as a nut?
Are there some people that have? I'm sure there are.
But when I read a report from a Park Ranger thats been with the USPS for 20 years, I can be pretty sure that they weren't mistaken about what they saw, and I cant see them putting their reputation on the line just to have some fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users