meditation...help

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 sprace

sprace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:anything ghostly, reading crime thrillers a must, music mainly rock and shopping lots of it!

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:51 PM

hi guys, i have always wanted to be able to communicate with spirits and or guides but in a good way but however much i try i have always failed so i heard that meditation can actually help to achieve this, and i am eager to try and learn as to how this can be achieved and would be extremely greatful for any tips on how to learn to meditate, and how to go about it.....thanx again, Deexx :unsure:
Always believe~ Always Trust~ Always Love~ & All the good things will Find you.

#2 SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:32 AM

Hi, I learned by taking a class. :angry:
You can also find guided meditaion tapes. those are great and it helps to keep the focus and eliminate your brain chatter.

Best advice: pick a time of day to attempt it and keep that steady.
If you pick 6:45pm..do it everyday at 6:45pm and use the same music/tape/video until it becomes a habit. When I hear the music I use for mine, my body starts to relax automatic, without any trouble.

Cheers!

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:48 AM

SpaceMonkey, that's a great idea about the meditation tapes. That's probably the best way to get into it. You can find them in a metaphysical, or new age bookstore.
petunia4998

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:52 AM

I was never comfortable with the tapes, I have found focusing on my inner self is what helps me reach a state for meditation - the best method for me. I concentrate on my own breathing, or blood flow.
Posted Image

#5 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:11 PM

I have a set time each day. I put on reolaxing music - either nature based or soft instrumental hymns. I light cadles to enduce the mood I'm looking for. Sometimes I'll read religious texts or other uplifting works, but other times I have an inner dialogue.

Like I said in chat, I use meditation as a means of controling myself, not as a way of becoming more sensitive to spirits. Spirits will let you know in their own way if/when they wish to communicate.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#6 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:31 AM

hi guys, i have always wanted to be able to communicate with spirits and or guides but in a good way but however much i try i have always failed so i heard that meditation can actually help to achieve this, and i am eager to try and learn as to how this can be achieved and would be extremely greatful for any tips on how to learn to meditate, and how to go about it.....thanx again, Deexx :unsure:

Great question, glad you posted it up! Thats exactly my question too lol...but i would like to add, how do you meditate without falling asleep? lol

#7 SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

Simmy, I was taught it was ok to fall asleep. If you fall asleep it's because you need it, or that is the way you find to get to your "peaceful place". One thing you can do is meditate in the morning after waking up, or sit up straight backed in a chair, feet firm on the floor. :)

#8 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:00 AM

Thanks Spacemonkey, now all i need to do is learn how to meditate lol

#9 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:04 PM

To meditate properly is one of the hardest things to accomplish. CD’s and Tapes that contain “Guided Meditations” are fine but if you cant make it through without sleeping, fidgeting, or concentrating you wont get the full effect. Also guided meditations are the equivalent to being hypnotized. You are stuck to the will of whatever is on that tape. If the tape describes a forest then you will be in a forest, if the tape tells you to be happy you will be happy, if the tape tells you there is a spirit to talk to you will talk to a spirit. But how can you tell if it is real or just illusion? For me any meditation practice always starts with the “Calm Abiding” meditation. This meditation give the individual the strength and understanding to practice other meditations for longer periods of time. It is simple in its explanation but to master it is very very hard to do.

The “Calm Abiding” meditation is used to calm the body and mind of the individual. If your body is not relaxed or is subject to pain and your mind flips around with all sorts of different thoughts then the individual will never be open to the true experiences of meditation. Usually a person starts meditating with a lot of energy but as it progress they find that it is very hard to remain in a relaxed state for more then a small amount of time. The mind WILL revolt against you. It does not want your body to be still. You will feel pain in you body that will make you want to stand and stretch, you will have immense feelings of fear and sadness, you will see images that will seem terrifying or cause you to be happy but these are all just illusions that the mind makes up to make you move and break your concentration. I once had the experience of bugs crawling over every inch of my face! It was very distracting and my mind basically told me that I better brush them off with my hand but I didn’t and the feeling went away. It was just an illusion. A lot of people believe these are “messages” but these are nothing more then illusion. Reality and understanding comes after you have dealt with all these illusions and are open to the experience. When an individual becomes open to reality then they can move into “Insight” meditations, Spirit and Deity (Tantric) Meditations, and Chakra or Kundhalini meditations and truly get the full effect and experience.

If anyone wants to know how to perform this type of meditation just pm me and I can send you the instructions. But I will warn you it is the hardest meditation you will try and its effects are not instantaneous.

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

Sammy, you are talking my language here! :lol:

Okay, for me meditation in simplest term means FOCUS, and I have my own way to meditate. One is to gaze deep into my own eyes in the mirror. This method is more than meditaion for me, since it also helps me to gather immense inner strength, more self confidence. Another method is to lie down straight on the bed on your back, close eyes and keep your arm over the eyes (not tightly), and try to gaze into the absolute darkness. After a while, you wil start hearing your own blood flowing, and it is a wondeful experience.

Remember to keep your spine straight - for reasons Sammy has mentioned (about Kundalini and Charaka).
Posted Image

#11 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:41 PM

Sammy, Moon, have either of you heard "the small, still voice"?
petunia4998

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

Not yet Petunia. Perhaps I have to be more vigilant, or perhaps I am more indulged in focussing on my blood flow or heart beat! I have heard of this little voice from within, which also can be attributed to our Higher Self - the voice within! Were you lucky enough to listen to it?
Posted Image

#13 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

Sammy, Moon, have either of you heard "the small, still voice"?

I have not heard a "voice" but in Kundhalini meditation, after breaking the barrier of the body and opening up to the raw energy which resides within, I am able to hear a multitude of tones. These tones are the vibration of the bodies energy centers and and when they are attuned to the energies of the universe it sounds like a deafening symphony. Its very beautiful. I can always hear them now even though they are soft.

At the early stages of calm abiding meditation a person can experience "sound" phenomena such as voices, bangs, screams, but they are only illusions.

#14 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:30 PM

One is to gaze deep into my own eyes in the mirror. This method is more than meditaion for me, since it also helps me to gather immense inner strength, more self confidence.

I tried the looking into your own eyes meditation. I think I frightened myself! LOL The eyes are almost a direct connection to a person being. I do not look into anyones eyes if I dont have to because I can "bore" down into them which sometimes effects them negetively and me also. But one of the few times I do look into anyones eyes is durring a Meeting at work. I look directly into everyones eyes so they know I mean bussiness. Most of them seem to turn their eyes away but a few of them can't so I only hold it for a second or so.

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

Same goes for me too, Sammy. I have a domineering personality since I look directly into people's eyes, but you know, being in business, I guess I may need to change my ways! On the other side, if I talk to people without looking into their eyes, I feel awkward! Feels like I might lose control.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users