Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Old Lansingburgh High

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:10 PM

What really happend with the Lansingburgh High Mass Murder at the hands of a teacher to his students many years ago?

#2 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:46 AM

Where is/was Lansingburgh High? What is the story?
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#3 T.R.I.P.R.G.

T.R.I.P.R.G.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 02:26 PM

The following was posted on Ghostudy.  It pretty much echoes what I've heard with regard to the story....

Lansingburgh - L.E.S (Old High School) - It is said that in the early 1900's a teacher went crazy and killed many students with an ax in room 243. People have reported that at night you can see him walking around and waving an ax, and that if you listen closely, you can hear the kids running and screaming.

Lansingburgh is located in the capitol area of upstate New York.  

Yes,  there was and still is a school in Lansingburgh by this name.  However, any written inquires on our part as to whether the incident described in the urban legend ever actually happened have remained unanswered up to now.  

A personal, investigative trip to this area might be what's required to see if the story holds water or not.

A---
T.R.I.P.R.G.  

• Guests

Posted 07 November 2003 - 10:12 AM

Lansingburgh is North Troy, NY.

I live a few towns over and I am researching whether the story is true.

I plan to go to the archives of newspapers in Troy to see if the Murder actually took place or not.  

I will let you know if it is true.

By the way, The building is now used by the Lansingburgh School Board as offices.   I don't advise trying to investigate without their consent.

Patti Hamlin
Brunswick, NY

#5 trojanmiro

trojanmiro

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

I am a lifelong resident of Lansingburgh and a alumni of class of 1997. I have never heard this story until well after I graduated. The story was supposedly written as a hoax. The teacher John Cipperly who was supposedly the axe murderer is currently still an active teacher at the high school. LES is the old Lansingburgh Elementary School and not a rather large building. In no way would it house close to 200 rooms, therefore there would never be a room 243. Im sure if people wish to research it further you will find no evidence of this legend prior to the late 90's, when it seemed to pop up.

#6 beastbrenden

beastbrenden

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

OK well im currently in that school..its now used as and alternative school i went to the top floor the other day not supposed to but its just a big open area with a sky light and if you look down the hallways it just gets darker but i stared up a convo today asking my teacher whats on the 3rd floor as if i didn't already know and he said same thing as this witch its really not and there is a room 243 just because its a small school it don't mean anything in the normal high school they don't count the room numbers from 1 to whatever the 1st number you see when you go in is like 200 something... but anyways i said y don't we go up there he said its all locked off we don't use it anymore... this girl asked y and another teacher said because there was a guy who killed some people there... so that solves if the murder actually happened.. but now if its haunted well i live right around the corner from it and i haven't seen anything strange until last night... i was walking on the grass along the windows and their was a room with a light coming out of it ii walked past and saw a computer screen with the start menu open and i stopped and walked back cause i didnt realize what i just saw but when i went back the menu was gone and i looked in and there where no lights except the computer screen at 9:45 pm.. this is not a lie i belive in ghosts because ive had some crap happen befor,,.. so its up to you to belive this or not but i tell you its true...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users