• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 slimmer

slimmer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 05:10 PM

Okay
I was in troy today.  I was in the Mount Ida Cemetery that leads to the Jewish Cemetery.  The other cemetery on the road was all posted with a No Tresspassing sign.  How far from Mount Ida cemetery is Forrest Park Cemetery?  I walked through this cemetery for at least 2 hours, it is huge.  A lady who lives across the street from the Mt. Ida cem. said that it was pinewoods .  Did I miss the right cemetery?

• Guests

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:18 AM

Forest Park Cemetery has been misnomered as Pinewoods Cemetery because it is on Pinewoods Ave.

There is another cemetery in Troy which is actually/officially known as Pinewoods Cemetery.  It is down near Rte 4 by the Stewarts.  Close to Mt Ida Cemetery.

If you aren't a local,  people get the two confused.

• Guests

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:43 AM

I have been doing research on Forest Park Cemetery for a potential book.   The history, urban legends, folklore, stories, its "occupants", etc..

Several things I find interesting throughout my research:

1.  The Life Magazine article NEVER EXISTED.
   I CHALLENGE anyone to present to me the actual article where it states that Forest Park is one of the 10 most haunted places in the US. I have gone back in Life's archives 30 years and cannot find it...   Think about it?  How come it has never been mentioned in the lists that the Travel Channel or any other TV show has presented as a program about Haunted Places ??  How about because it was never published as such.

2. It is NOT one of the 7 Gates of Hell.  In fact, I would like to know where this claim originated from?  Again, I could find nothing published on the subject other than on these student and ghosthunter webpages.  DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS AS ACTUAL FACT?  WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION?
Other than it being told around campfires and here on the web, I find no documentation to support this story.  If someone can provide me with this information, I will PROMINENTLY mention you in my book!

3.  I find no evidence that this Cemetery sits on an ancient Indian Burial Ground.  And if it does,  so what? Isn't that what a Cemetery is supposed to be... a BURIAL GROUND?  I don't see why they would be upset about that.
At any rate, does anyone have the proof/documentation that this is true?   Who is this "noted psychic"?  Why isn't their name ever mentioned?

If anyone can provide me with verifiable documentation or can prove any of the above to me,  they will receive a Prominent mention in the publication.

You can email me any information you have, including your experiences there, historical/FACTUAL documentation, photos, etc.

I look forward to your help.

Thank you.
Patti Hamlin.

#19 dipitymnstr

dipitymnstr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:16 PM

What I do know about Forest Park is this. I have been there 3 times. The first time we never went in due to the fact we were creeped out and it was almost dark and we did not know the lay out. The second time we met a group of people there, it was dark and in the summer, we took a lot of pictures, none of mine came out due to either camera failure etc.. we did however hear some noises and the group we met there go some great pictures of orbs with there digital camera. On the third visit we did during the day nothing to impressive during the day except on the pictures and the link to visit them is
http://groups.msn.co...cs/shoebox.msnw
The time life magazine article does not exist. I do not know of any proof of an indian burial ground.I do know that some of the graves have been disturbed due to them trying to move graves closer to the entrance and there was some confusion. So maybe there are some spirits not at rest, also everything seems to revolve around the Hollister family site, maybe the family past could be looked into and it could explain a lot. Just an idea. It is a very creepy place and you never feel like you are alone.

#20 djz2546

djz2546

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:04 PM

I have been to forest park and done research on it for about two years or so. And like the last couple posts say, I have not found that magazine article or any evidence of an indian burial ground. Many of the pics and experiences that people have can be explained. However, I still do believe that there is definitely some activity going on there. I have had some experiences that are very difficult to explain It is a very interesting cemetery, with many mysteries to unfold. Here are some pics, and I must add that I do not say that any photos are paranormal. They are simply interesting pics that could or could not be paranormal. I do not know for sure. Some could probably be explained rather easily, but others are a bit more difficult. Think what you want of them, I am not trying to convince anyone that these pics have activity. http://photobucket.c...s/v168/djz2546/

#21 djz2546

djz2546

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:51 AM

just added a few pics from november investigation. feel free to check em out.
http://photobucket.c...s/v168/djz2546/
i found more too, so hopefully ill have time today to update it even more

#22 djz2546

djz2546

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:04 PM

here they are: http://photobucket.c...s/v168/djz2546/

#23 dipitymnstr

dipitymnstr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

Thanx dj. ;), oo and what is the stop 13 house looks interesting

#24 djz2546

djz2546

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:39 PM

Yeah the Stop 13 house is a new venture. A friend of mine showed it to me a couple weeks ago. I definitely get bad vibes even just driving by it. I heard it is highly patrolled there though so it may be awhile before the team does an investigation there.

#25 dipitymnstr

dipitymnstr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:55 PM

Looks very interesting. :o you'll have to give me some details.. or how does the saying go curiosity killed the cat lol. Looks very scary. I'm sure you will un cover some interesting things. Not to often you see old houses standing like that anymore.

#26 djz2546

djz2546

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:58 PM

as of right now, it's another thing to look into. i have only been by the house twice, and the person who told me about it knows absolutely nothing about it. he could never find info on it. im sure there is somewhere, just have not found it yet

#27 dipitymnstr

dipitymnstr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:02 AM

:o Where is it located you don't have to give me full details just curious what town.

#28 djz2546

djz2546

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:54 AM

averill park...stopped last night and took more pics, i'll post em as soon as i get them developed

#29 dipitymnstr

dipitymnstr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:40 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing them. Did you ever go to the library last night?

#30 djz2546

djz2546

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 01:04 PM

no, i didn't unfortunately but hopefully within the next week I'll be able to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users