Forest Park Cemetary aka Pinewoods Cemtary

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 dipitymnstr

dipitymnstr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:21 PM

How long will you be on break? Maybe we can get together at the library or something over your break time. Let me know.

#32 starfall118

starfall118

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:53 AM

I live in Albany, NY and went there at night with a freind. We parked right on the road near the main entrance in front of the iron gate. I had walked up to ot and was peering into the cemetery trying to see the layout when behind me, in my right ear I heard whispering. It was right in my ear and male voice, but I have no idea what it was saying. It wasn't like "ooh, do you hear that? I think I heard something" It startled me enough to yell "BAD_WORD" and bounce to the car post haaste, friend in tow. We promptly drove away and came back the next day. I must say its quite a sad place in the day, and quite underwhelming. We wandered around and happened upon a sleeping bag and empty cans of beer, with a condom or two strewn about.
Although, I must say that there's an area near the side where there's a road that leads to a country club or something. Anyway, there's this swampy wooded area that I absolutely wanted nothing to do with. That was creepy as hell too. The only other time that happened to me was in the woods in Glenville, where you can be walking along with everything normal and then suddenly you hit an area that doesn't seem to want you there.
Oh .. and another thing about Pinewood/Forest Park Cemetery.. I had heard the ground there was never concesrated. don't know if that's actually true.
My ex-boyfriend swears he was in there one night and he saw a demon. He won't talk about it very much though. It really freaked him out.
Some other cool places you guys might want to check out in the area are the Krumkill House (which actually caught on fire or something) and the Barkersville Asylum.

#33 Lady Morrigan

Lady Morrigan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:28 AM

I have always heard the stores of this cemetery and have wanted to visit it. I finally found it while driving home through Troy one day and was surprised that you can see it from the road. I have always could feel negative energies, from people, places, etc. And I believe in "otherworldly" things but have to "see it to believe it" and have never seen anything. I pulled up front, and got out of the car, and instantly a feeling of dread overcame me. You can definitelty feel the negative energies from this place. I did not go in because I had my daughter in the car. But it is really creepy looking and can imagine at night it is very terrifying. I plan on getting in there some day, but that feeling of dread and negativity makes me very hesitant on what is inside. [size=2]

#34 PineWoodsCemeteryTroy

PineWoodsCemeteryTroy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:15 PM

I myself am not a strong believer in the paranormal or undead, i have recently started researching pinewood and am starting to change my mind, ive read over a hundred different occurences and some things dont stop coming up form people in and out of the state.
SHADOWS by the mausaleum or red eyes not human not animal. WOMEN voices or cloudy figures as a warning. BABIES crying wailin whining. ORBS of all sorts neverending pictures and video of the orbs.ATMOSPHERE changes from mausoleum to headless angel change dramatically.Blood running from faces with no cuts at all. Has anyone seen these occurences or heard the same stories? The two myths ive heard over and over are the blowing up of the mausoleum and the story of tha boyfriend who was hung by some creature. If any one has any information on these stories or anything else on pinewood/forest park cemetery please get back to me. I plan on visiting soon

#35 fallenempire2000

fallenempire2000

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

Hi,

I might be buying a house adjacent to Eagle Mills cemetary which as far as I can tell is peaceful. The location two miles down the road from Forest Park though is unsettling. I've done some research. As far as I can tell, no one actually has seen the Life Magazine article. Information I have found says it was published in September 1980, but Life does not keep their archives past 1979 for some reason. There were a couple other places that a google search mentions as being referenced in that article, so there might be some veracity to it. The blood from the statues is probably moss growth which is common in this area. Most of the pictures I;ve seen look like the result of amateur camera work rather than supernatural activity. The place is weird though and a lot of people say they hear voices and strange animal noises. A lot of it is probably easily explained but I plan on staying as far away from that place as I can.

I have been doing research on Forest Park Cemetery for a potential book.   The history, urban legends, folklore, stories, its "occupants", etc..

Several things I find interesting throughout my research:

1.  The Life Magazine article NEVER EXISTED.
   I CHALLENGE anyone to present to me the actual article where it states that Forest Park is one of the 10 most haunted places in the US. I have gone back in Life's archives 30 years and cannot find it...   Think about it?  How come it has never been mentioned in the lists that the Travel Channel or any other TV show has presented as a program about Haunted Places ??  How about because it was never published as such.

2. It is NOT one of the 7 Gates of Hell.  In fact, I would like to know where this claim originated from?  Again, I could find nothing published on the subject other than on these student and ghosthunter webpages.  DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS AS ACTUAL FACT?  WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION?
Other than it being told around campfires and here on the web, I find no documentation to support this story.  If someone can provide me with this information, I will PROMINENTLY mention you in my book!

3.  I find no evidence that this Cemetery sits on an ancient Indian Burial Ground.  And if it does,  so what? Isn't that what a Cemetery is supposed to be... a BURIAL GROUND?  I don't see why they would be upset about that.
At any rate, does anyone have the proof/documentation that this is true?   Who is this "noted psychic"?  Why isn't their name ever mentioned?

If anyone can provide me with verifiable documentation or can prove any of the above to me,  they will receive a Prominent mention in the publication.

You can email me any information you have, including your experiences there, historical/FACTUAL documentation, photos, etc.

I look forward to your help.

Thank you.
Patti Hamlin.

#36 j4real

j4real

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

Is there anyone out there with information or stories on this notorious cemetary in Troy, NY??  I have only found one story in my web searches...just lookin :o for info ;) ...

#37 j4real

j4real

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

Is there anyone out there with information or stories on this notorious cemetary in Troy, NY??  I have only found one story in my web searches...just lookin :o for info ;) ...

#38 april1721

april1721

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:18 AM

I HAD AN EXPIRIENCE AT FOREST PARK THAT I WILL NEVER FORGET. SO IT ALL STARTED ONE DAY WHEN A FRIEND OF MINE WAS TELLING ME ABOUT HIS EXPIRIENCE THERE. SO BEING ME, I DIDNT BELIEVE HIM AND TOLD HIM I HAD TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF. SO ME, MY HUSBAND, AND 5 OTHERS JUMPED IN 2 CARS AND HEADED UP THERE. WHEN WE GOT TO THE FRONT GATE I TOLD HIM IT WAS ALL BOGUS. SO MY BROTHER IN LAW AND 2 OF HIS FRIENDS DECIDED THEY WERE GONNA GO TO THE SIDE AND GET IN THE PLACE. SO THEY WENT IN. ME, MY HUSBAND, AND 2 OF OUR FRIENDS WERE STANDING OUTSIDE OF THE GATE LOOKING IN. AT ONE POINT AND TIME I REMEMBER I WAS LOOKING AROUND FOR MY BROTHER IN LAW WHEN I TURNED MY HEAD TO THE RIGHT A LITTLE AND SEEN THE BUILDING THAT WAS ALREADY PRETTY MUCH BURNED TO THE GROUND, BURNING IN FRONT OF MY EYES. I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. I WAS JUST STOOD THERE IN COMPLETE FEAR. THEN, ALL OF A SUDDEN, MY BROTHER IN LAW AND HIS FRIENDS CAME RUNNING OUTTA THE PLACE SCREAMING "GET IN THE CARS" AND FOLLOWING THEM WAS A WHITE FIGURE.( TO THIS DAY WE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT IT WAS FOLLOWING HIM). SO WE ALL GO IN THE CAR AS FAST AS WE COULD AND GOT OUTTA THERE. MY HUSBAND AND I WERE IN FRONT OF THE OTHER CAR A BIT, WHEN WE LOOKED AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND THERE WERE THESE 3 GUYS THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE 8 FOOT TALL AND HAD NO FACES. I WAS SO SCARED I SERIOUSLY JUMPED ON MY HUSBANDS LAP WHILE HE WAS DRIVING. AFTER WE GOT AHEAD QUITE A BIT, WE COULDNT SEE THE OTHER CAR, SO WE PULLED OVER AND WAITED. THEN HERE COMES OUR FRIENDS FLYING BY US, AND I NOTICED SOMETHING STRANGE. A FEW DAYS EARLIER, OUR FRIEND TOOK THE LIGHT BULB OUTTA HIS FRONT HEADLIGHT BECAUSE IT WAS BROKE, AND NEVER GOT AROUND TO GETTING A NEW ONE. SO I KNEW HE ONLY HAD ONE HEADLIGHT. BUT WHEN HE DROVE BY US BOTH HEADLIGHTS WERE WORKING!!! WE GOT TO A SUNOCO STATION A LITTLE WAYS AWAY AND STOPPED. WE GOT OUT OF THE CAR AND I HEARD MY HUSBAND SAY "WHAT THE HELL". I LOOKED AT HIM AND HE HAD BLOOD RUNNING FROM THE TOP OF HIS FORHEAD ABOUT TO RUN DOWN HIS NOSE. SO I FIGURED HE HAD A CUT OR PIMPLE OR SOMETHING. SO I LOOKED. AND THERE WAS ABSOLUTLY NOTHING ON HIM THAT THE BLOOD COULD HAVE BEEN COMING FROM. IT WAS REAL CREEPY. SO I TOLD MY FRIEND ABOUT HIS HEADLIGHT, WONDERING IF HE GOT A NEW BULB, AND HE SAID NO, AND SHOWED US THAT THERE WAS NO BULB IN IT. THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME THAT NIGHT. SO JUST RECENTLY, MY BROTHER, SISTER IN LAW AND I WENT BACK UP THERE AT ABOUT 12AM. WE DECIDED WE WERENT GONNA GET OUT, WE WERE GONNA JUST VIDEO TAPE EVERYTHING AS WE WERE DRIVING. WHEN WE GOT HOME, WE WATCHED THE VIDEO. I COULDNT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS WATCHING. THE WHOLE SKY WAS A BLOOD RED AND WE COULD SEE THINGS JUMPING FROM SOME OF THE TREES. IT WAS SOOOOO CREEPY. I STILL HAVE THAT VIDEO. AND NOW EVERYTIME WE GO UP THERE, WHEN WE GO BY THE BACK ENTRANCE, THERE IS ALWAYS A FOG HOVERING AROUND THE ENTRANCE THAT NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN.
[FONT=Courier][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]
Fairy Freak

#39 trickster2338

trickster2338

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

is there anyway to get that video online?

#40 TrinityS2

TrinityS2

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

My father used to live in Troy, and went to Pinewood Cemetery with his friend Marc. My dad told a story about the cemetery, which was corroborated by Marc. They went in one day, walking around the path, when they heard dogs barking what seemed like a couple miles away. The barking started getting closer, so they turned and started walking back towards the car. My dad said at this point the dogs sounded as though they were running towards them, so they took off running, the dogs right on their heels. Marc fell, my dad kept running. Marc was astounded he managed to get up before he even saw the dogs. Eventually they reached the car and leapt onto the roof, only to find nothing there. As they stood there talking about this, a car approached them. The only discrepancy in their stories occurs here, with my dad saying the car was blue and Marc thinking it was green. A man with a handlebar mustache leaned out and asked if they were ok. My dad replied they thought they were being chased by vicious dogs, only to turn and find nothing there. The man merely smiled, then drove on. They watched him drive up around the mausoleum, but the car never reappeared. There was no other way out of the cemetary except to continue around the loop the road makes around the mausoleum, which would send the car back past where Marc and my dad were. So where did the car go?

He has never seen the angels crying blood, and personally that sounds like malarchy, but he's very adamant about the dogs and the strange man in the car. My dad also isn't the kind of guy to make up a story just for the heck of it, and the fact that Marc was able to tell the exact same story when I asked him about it...I dunno. Seems real to me.

#41 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Music! I live for music, I love making it and when i'm not making it im thinking of new ways to play it haha. Also am very intouch with my surroundings believe in ghosts and spirits, and that when you die a violent death I believe your trapped here until your set free, Not a believer in god but i do believe there is something out there.<br /><br />Check out my bands website- www.losttransit.com

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

I have been to this cemetery and nothing about it comes off as being haunted. We parked in the development across the street as there are cops who frequently are looking for people in the area, we walked the whole thing it was winter time when we went but not a lot of snow on the ground. Anyway we were there for about an hour or 2 it was dark and absolutely nothing happened while we were there. The only things we saw were the disgraceful acts of juvenile kids ruining respectable headstones by breaking them and spray painting them, we saw a thing hanging from the tree similar to the thing hanging in the blair witch project movie. Like I said that was it, I never felt scared, depressed, uneasy, nothing. I would be more than willing to go there again and have an investigation. The only bad things about outdoor places is the unpredictability of the surroundings (ie animals, weather) so a simple squirrel now becomes a demon in the night because it scared you as it ran by or shook the leaves. There needs to be a respectful investigation to put these legends to rest, so finally the dead there may finally be at peace.
"And Shepherds we shall beFor thee, my Lord, for thee.Power hath descended forth from Thy handOur feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to TheeAnd teeming with souls shall it ever be.In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."Posted Image

#42 mpjaggerfan

mpjaggerfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

I have been to this cemetery and nothing about it comes off as being haunted. We parked in the development across the street as there are cops who frequently are looking for people in the area, we walked the whole thing it was winter time when we went but not a lot of snow on the ground. Anyway we were there for about an hour or 2 it was dark and absolutely nothing happened while we were there. The only things we saw were the disgraceful acts of juvenile kids ruining respectable headstones by breaking them and spray painting them, we saw a thing hanging from the tree similar to the thing hanging in the blair witch project movie. Like I said that was it, I never felt scared, depressed, uneasy, nothing. I would be more than willing to go there again and have an investigation. The only bad things about outdoor places is the unpredictability of the surroundings (ie animals, weather) so a simple squirrel now becomes a demon in the night because it scared you as it ran by or shook the leaves. There needs to be a respectful investigation to put these legends to rest, so finally the dead there may finally be at peace.

I went there 2 weeks ago just to get the phone # off the gate for permission to go in. It has to be about 15 years since I have been inside there. I don't believe it is haunted either...I aggree with the unpredictability of the weather, animals, etc... I do remember the last time I was in there it was very creepy, just like most cemeterys at night...the moselium (sp) was filled graffiti and beer bottles, everything was overgrown. However when I just went back, it looks like they are trying to "clean" it up-the front section of the lawn was mowed, some of the trees have been cut back...
I grew up in walking distance, so it was a frequent thing for me and my friends to go there...I have never felt anything out of the ordinary...although i do appreciate everyone elses thoughts and experiences... Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users