Forest Park Cemetary aka Pinewoods Cemtary

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Khristy

Khristy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2001 - 12:00 PM

Is there anyone out there with information or stories on this notorious cemetary in Troy, NY??  I have only found one story in my web searches...just lookin :o for info :D ...

#2 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 07 March 2001 - 09:11 AM

I don't no about it, but if U can give me directions, I'll go check it out.:)

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

• Guests

Posted 08 March 2001 - 04:04 PM

(I don't know where you are coming from, so I will be general) - you take the NYS Thruway to Exit 23 (787) - follow 787 to Rt. 378 East (forgot Exit # - sorry) - go to second light - take a right on Rt 4 go up two more lights - take a left at Stewart's - Campbell Ave. - Follow to the top of the hill (Pawling Ave.) take a left - Pinewoods Ave is a 1/2 mile up on the right...take a right and follow for approx. 2 miles (past the Jewish Cemetary) - You will know it when you see it.  There is no fence - most of the stones are gone due to vandalism - there is an old broken down moseleum in the center.  The cemetary is unmarked. (Right next to the Troy Country Club entrance.)  Oakwood - another supposedly haunted cemetery is on the other side of Troy on Rt. 40.:o

#4 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 09 March 2001 - 03:19 AM

Thank U.;D That's gonna be a ride & a half. So, when I do it, I'll let everyone no what happens.8)

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

• Guests

Posted 19 March 2001 - 04:41 PM

Troy, New York:  Forest Park Cemetery--Forest Park cemetery is known to be in the top ten haunted cemeteries in the country.  It is an old deserted cemetery, no new bodies have been buried there for many years.  Many ghosts have been sighted there, photos of strange things have also been taken and published in the local newspapers.  A renowned psychic says the cemtery was built on an Indian burial ground and the spiritual activity is very turbulent and malicious.  Some of the headless statues here have been reported to have had blood dripping from them.  It is rumoured to be a gateway to hell.  Life magazine listed it as a top ten haunted place and it is associated with Stull, Kansas, another known gateway to hell.  Black shadow like human figure on the right side of the mausoleum, jumped to a woodpile, and crouched, watching visitors.

#6 SpiritWeaverOBR

SpiritWeaverOBR

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2001 - 06:57 PM

http://longislandgen...forestpark.html  Forest Park/Pinewood Cemetery.

I am not sure if this is the type of information you are looking for, but I will post more if I find it.  I spend at least 8-10 hours a day at my comp doing research into sites that I will visit later in the year (when the weather gets better).  So, if there are any other places you would like information about, drop me a line and I will see what I can come up with for you.

Last modification: ALeigh - 03/19/01 at 19:52:25

Last modification: ALeigh - 03/19/01 at 19:53:09

Last modification: ALeigh - 03/19/01 at 21:57:48

#7 atlas

atlas

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 07:14 PM

I've been looking online for info for quite some time and haven't found anything new other than the few sites that are out there. Does anyone have anymore info or plan to visit Forest Park in the near future?

• Guests

Posted 06 June 2001 - 09:40 AM

I think you're all going to be severely disappointed.  I lived 2 miles from the cemetary for years (I recently moved to NYC).  Forest Park was an early 20th century development project that died because of lack of funding.  That's it.  Troy was a busling city until the early-mid 1900's, and when the city died, the cemetary died with it.  Over the years it was forgotten about, and due to neglect, became overgrown and "mysterious".  Does it LOOK scary?  Hell yeah!  It was built to be very impressive and gothic, but in a state of disrepair it's just really frightening!  Just recently, a company bought the land and began clearing the underbrush and removing pieces of the now tattered masoleum.  Now it just looks like an old cemetary with a huge front gate.

#9 upr-founder

upr-founder

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 01:11 AM

hi a live in troy ny and with in 10 mins walking time to forest park cemetary. i have done numerous investigations on the cemetary and have had taken numerous photos of orbs and other anomolies. i have heard the babys and i know what i heard and my brother who was with me also heard a women whispering to us and i quote "you should leave" i have the experince on vidoe. very spooky. the cemetary is in my opion the scariest cemetary i have ever seen in movies pictuers and real life you have to c it and feel the energy when you enter it is with out a doubt haunted. i venture through the cemetary on a ussaul basis so if your intersted in visiting it contact me. also look at WWW.theshadowlands.net on there new yorks haunted place list for other people experinces and i will keep you up dated on my other findings

• Guests

Posted 09 January 2002 - 04:20 AM

Yesterday my bf and I went to Forest Park to take pictures and video tape. We were there during the day. We took quite a few pictures and I video taped the whole thing. I didn't see anything or get anything visual on the camcorder. But I did hear voices and when I did there is LOUD static on my camcorder. We are having the pics developed ASAP, and I will write to let everyone know what we got.

• Guests

Posted 10 January 2002 - 03:54 AM

Hi. I just created a new website. It has info on it about Forest Park Cemetary and the Bennington triangle. It will soon have a lot more info on some other places as well as pics that my fiance and I take. I hope you enjoy it.

#12 upr-founder

upr-founder

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 10:38 AM

ok but whats the web address. and you know i live less then 5 mins from forest park and have a number of photos. acctually i have a crazy picture from forest park with red ecto and what seems to be a very dark colored phantom figure in the back round once i fix my problems with my scanner it will be up. contact me at erakd@hotmail.com if you want to collaberation a little with info on forest park its like my main focuse on hunting right now. i even have gotten promissin to enter the premissis for a staight 72hr next week, (it helps to have a mother whos a cop  ;) )

• Guests

Posted 25 February 2002 - 12:01 PM

I have been researching Forst Park cemetery and Oakwood for 5 years now. I have found limited information. Im currently writing a book and making a webpage about the haunted places in New York. I would love any stories but am focused on finding out more about FP and Oakwood. Please any information, stories, anything at all..true or just rumored..please email me at Shnikes518@hotmail.com. Thank you. I will post my website addy as soon as i get done making it, I have many photos and stories myself.

#14 jolena73

jolena73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 10:09 AM

UPR please get back to us asap with your info.....

• Guests

Posted 25 September 2002 - 08:55 AM

I HAVE BEEN TO FOREST PARK AND AFTER MY VISIT I DO BELIVE THERE IS SOMETHING IN THERE.I WAS NOT SURE WHAT I WAS GOING OT FIND IN THERE TILL I WAS IN THERE,WHEN I WAS THERE I TOO SAW THE BLACK SHADOW THAT WENT OVER BY THE WOOD PILE AND GOT A REALLY STRONG FEELING OF BEING WATCHED.TIMES WALKING THROUGH THERE I GOT A FEELING OF BEING FOLLOWED AND WATCHED.ANYOINE WHO THINKS THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN THERE NEEDS TO GO THERE AND SPEND A LITTLE TIME WALKING AROUND AND THEY WILL KNOW WITH OUT A DOUBT THAT THERE ARE THINGS IN THERE THAT ARE UNEXPLANABLE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users