Bachelor's Grove Cemetary

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Tomteta

Tomteta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigating. hanging out with friends playing guitar and singing

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:48 AM

Has anyone heard anything about bachelors grove cemetery or has been there.  its in illinois i believe.  my group and i were talking about taking a long roadtrip there this summer (were from albany,N.Y.) but we didnt want to go and have it end up being a dead site ( no pun intended).

ive found the official site --->> http://www.bachelorsgrove.com/ for the cemetery but i still wanted other peoples input.
Posted Image

#2 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

hi tomteta.
          okay, bachelor's grove is in illinois so you were right there. the cemetery is the most haunted in the chicago area, including ressurrection cemetery. people have seen apparitions of a woman in white, phantom monks, a farmer plowing 100 years after his death and a farmhouse that appears in broad daylight and is never seen in the same place twice. technically, no one's been buried here for years and years and its been heavily vandalized. tombstones have been stolen and rearranged, rumor has it by a coven of local witches. since the tombstones move, some people believe they move by themselves.

-alsie r.

http://www.prairiegh...m/bachgrov.html

http://www.graveyard...achelors/1.html

the graveyards.com site is a pretty good sort of a slide show site. it has the picture of the woman in white and a few of the tombstones.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:36 PM

[glow=green,2,300][move]Hullo, Tomteta and welcome to GV ;D[/move][/glow]

Dead site?[smiley=cwm24.gif] DUDE! Bachelor's Grove is perhaps THE most active cemetary in the United States, its outside Chicago.

I've never been there myself, but a buddy in Chicago swears
by it for investigation, they've even got an alleged residual haunting ;D I'd say its worth the trip
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 NineBeanRows

NineBeanRows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:01 PM

Do they even allow visitors into Bachelor's Grove Cemetery these days?  I thought it was pretty off limits because of all the vandalism.
Your pal, NineBeanRows

#5 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:49 AM

ninebeanrows (how do you shorten that? i'm lazy) bachelor's grove is open to the public until sundown which most sites i've been to say "proceed with extreme caution". guess its true, the freaks come out at night.

A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#6 Tomteta

Tomteta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigating. hanging out with friends playing guitar and singing

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:32 AM

have any of you been there at all?
Posted Image

#7 NineBeanRows

NineBeanRows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:36 PM

No...I have read about it many times and have always wanted to go, though
Your pal, NineBeanRows

#8 momofghostchild

momofghostchild

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:34 PM

I have not been there,but a group of my friends are going on Friday the 14th of May.

I know it's not open during the night, but I rhink if you have permit, you can be in there, but I do know that itis heavily partoled by the Cook County Sheriffs.

#9 Tomteta

Tomteta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:23 AM

ok so if i go there with my group oficially i probabyl could get a permit and not have to deal with police
Posted Image

#10 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:22 PM

welcome to GV momofghostchild!

as far as i know tomteta, i don't think you have to have a permit to go to bachelor's grove. momofghostchild is right, the cemetery is heavily patroled by the police and its illegal to go to the cemetery after sundown. hope that helps a bit. but you might want to check a few more sources and maybe contact the cook county police station to make sure you don't need a permit. cause i've never been there so i couldn't tell you.

#11 grneyesncountry

grneyesncountry

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:17 PM

Hello all...   I have just been to Bachelor's Grove this past weekend May 8, 2004.   Visitors are allowed into the cemetery as long as you go there during *visiting hrs* otherwise there is a 500.00 fine per person... the police are very watchfull over this cemetery having all the fame that it does.  BE CAREFULL!!! there ARE WILD DOGS running around in the forest preserve and THEY DO BITE!!! hrs that you can visit are 11am to 11pm...after that the police will haul you in & arrest you!...  the vandalisim there is HORRIBLE~ i don't understand why people can't just leave dead people alone & not trash up their resting grounds... there is supposed to be a stone that glows blue everynight & i guess someone found it & marked it with blue paint... i've yet to go there at night to see it tho...  I have taken some pictures & am waiting for them to be developed to see if i captured anything other than nature... i'll let you know.... there is a house that's supposed to appear & dissapear at night & a car is supposed to be driving thru there all crazy like...   i'll keep in touch...that's all for now....

#12 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:19 PM

welcome to gv grneyesncountry! are you from the chicago area? i live about two hours away.

and erm, if anyone gets arrested because you need a permit and i said you didn't...by reading this you've automatically agreed not to sue. =)

#13 grneyesncountry

grneyesncountry

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:50 PM

Thank you for the welcome Alsie...Yes i do live in the chicago area...about 40 minutes from Bachelor's Grove....& to reply about the permit...as far as i know you DO NOT need a permit providing you go there during the day during regular hrs  11am to 11pm

#14 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:52 AM

*wipes sweat off forehead* good thing...was afraid i'd gotten someone arrested.

#15 momofghostchild

momofghostchild

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:27 PM

grneyesncountry, Where do you live? I to live about 30-40 mins from Bachelors Grove.

My friend wants to be in Rubio Woods after dark. I bet that's what they need the permit for, but she never said that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users