Bachelor's Grove Cemetary

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Tomteta

Tomteta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigating. hanging out with friends playing guitar and singing

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:52 AM

What is the Rubio Woods?  also does any of you who are in the chicago area know of there are any other places that are somewhat lose to Bachelors Grove.  Like i said at the beginning of this im planmning a trip so i want to hit as many places as possible.
Posted Image

#17 momofghostchild

momofghostchild

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:42 AM

Rubio Woods is the forest preserve right across the street from Bachelors Grove. I can't think of to many places to beable to go to, but you could try Maple Lake in Willow Springs. It's on 95th street and Archer AVe, or you could try Monks Castle on 107th and Archer Ave in Lemont.

I have a book by Richard Crowe, It's called Chicago's Street Guide to the Supernatural. He takes you on Ghost tours of all the Supernatural Spots in Illinois, I hope to go in the Fall.

If you have anymore questions I 'll try to help you.

Also you could check out Ressurection Cemetery in Justice Ill.it's at 7201 S Archer Ave. 71st to 79th ston Archer Ave.

#18 grneyesncountry

grneyesncountry

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 12:00 AM

well i live around archer & pulaski...
as to the Rubio Woods permit... sorry no clue, never been there after dark or otherwise...contact the local sheriff's department reguarding that...
let me in on the woods outing tho... if it's all legal like maybe i'll stop by to see if the boogie man shows up lololol

#19 xUji_Bx

xUji_Bx

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:15 AM

One week ago (May 13th) 4 of my friends and I decided to go to this haunted place and see what it was like. All day we were hyped up excited because the day before we were driveing around in cirlcles looking for this place and we couldnt find it all we could get to is Bachelors Grove forest preserve(which is real close to rubio woods). So as we got there we entered the cemetery I was really nervous I just had a bad feeling about being there after all the photos I seen. We were in there for about an hour and it was getting dark so we wanted to get out before the cops decided to give us a parking ticket or even a trespassing one. As we started to walk down the trail to the car my friend looks on the ground and he spots this dry little piece of paper. He picks it up and looks at it. It says Van helsing the new movie  that just came out. It was dry as a bone (it was raining that day) as if it just got out there. The weird thing is that we looked at it and it was marked for the same time and theatre that we went and seen it at that past Friday. That was really freaky, but it doesnt stop there. As were leaving my friend looks into the woods like off the side of the trail on the left side and sees this head he tells me to go over there. I go over there hes freaking I think hes full of it. I couldn't see anything at first but as i looked closer i seen the head I was so spooked i just calmly walked away as the others looked at it. As I was in my own world another one of my friends says he looked at me and we all darted down the path and as we got to the beging og the trail we seen the head again on the right side of us this time. We hall BAD_WORD out of there and get to the car and im sitting shotgun and Im like freaking so I need a square and were all hot like our body temps so the windows start to fog. On my side right to the right side of me I see a baby's hand print as if it was infant daughters. Im freaking then my friend who is driving looks in front of him and the word DEATH is writing right in front of his face. He drives as fast as he can to Gealic Park which is on the other side of Bachelors. We get out and were thinking we need a camera so we go in to Gaelic Park and of course they dont have any so we have to back into the car OH GREAT. So we speed to the gas station and we all get out and go in. As we go in to the gas station i thought it was strange that the guy working there was like Only one person in at a time it was real strange i never heard of that before. After we get the camera we go to the car and on the back of the car is a Cross it was the freakist night of my life after that expiernce ive been there 3 times and nothing else has happened. We plan on doin a seance on This Saturday I'll Post back an let you know how it went. Oh by the way the hand print and other stuff was all made from the inside of the car.......Hope to see ya at Bachelors......Peace... i ALSO JUST GOT SOME REALLY COOL PICS OF THERE WITH SOME MIST THAT LOOKS LIKE A FACE IF WANT TO SEE THEM EMAIL ME AT ftrain3517@aol.com or you can talk to me on AIM my sn is feartheeunit....laterz

#20 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:22 AM

... or something!     8)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#21 aids8

aids8

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:44 AM

we live in the area of the cemetary and quite honestly aren't too thrilled with the place. we've been there countless times and have never seen or heard anything except for cops, and trust me, cook county is not a jail i want to visit. ever. we've heard a million stories from people about seeing and hearing things, but we never have. a little upsetting if you ask me. we're goin' back to try again on a full moon hopin' to see something, anything, at this point even seeing a squirrel in there would be exciting for us. if anyone has any decent stories let us know. also if you live anywhere near ottawa il you should check out the old looney bin-pretty creepy...
i know, i've seen me do it

#22 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:34 AM

Welcome aboard, aids8
Posted Image

#23 aids8

aids8

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:11 PM

thanks!
i know, i've seen me do it

#24 blackkwhind

blackkwhind

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:03 PM

hi! yeah ive been to bachelor's grove. i went there (legally, in the daytime) in the winter, i think it was 2003. i went there with my mom, dad, and brother. we had 3 cameras, one digital, and the others were regular film cameras. out of all the pictures we took only one came out with something on it.
if you want to see that picture, go to this link, i put it there:

http://www.geocities....net/ghost.html

its in the corner(this is the zoomed version)its an apperition of sumthin, im not sure what though...
wat do u think it looks like?
::i am the WHO in the call "whos there?"::i am the WIND blowing through your hair

#25 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 05:07 PM

welcome to gv blackkwhind

#26 xmasmourning

xmasmourning

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:38 AM

Hi, I know this post is old, but I live near bachelor's grove and have been there several times.  If you are going to visit, you must do it in the daytime.  The cops out here are pretty harsh if they catch you in there after sunset.   There is a lot of paranormal activity there during the daytime.  I actually have not been there in a couple of years, but after reading this post, I'm thinking about paying it another visit!

#27 wilson

wilson

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 08:04 AM

hi!! lilsis again, I would love to hear of anybodies encounters with bachelor's grove.....I've had many myself!! hope to hear from you!!

#28 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:45 PM

Why not start yourself?
What Would Batman Do?

#29 wilson

wilson

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 08:12 AM

I would have to say my fave. still today would be....
    I was taking my mom to the grove for her first time and we decided to take a walk into the forest, I had never tried to go over the creek until that day, I went first, and as soon as we got to the creek, we saw horse tracks, now any one who has been there knows that it is way to overgrown for a horse to make it through, also there were no tracks anywhere else but leading into the creek.  As soon as I walked over the creek, I felt something in front of me, I couldn't physically move forward, and we then heard a very loud but distant scream, it sounded like a mans scream.  But we couldn't find out where it came from.  I still couldn't go past where I was, so I decieded to let whomever was stopping me to suceed, we went further into the forest, then decided to go home.....more to come.....

#30 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:45 PM

These are some of the things that have happened in Bachelor Grove Cemetery.

A hooded monk

A White-Lady or Madonna, carrying a phantom baby and only during a full moon.

A farmer along with his horse and plow

Various vehicles

Men walking out of the lagoon, which was common dumping place for bodies during the gang wars of the Prohibition era.

A ghostly farmhouse located in different places on the propert with reports dating only to the 1950's.

And ghost lights
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users