• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 08:16 PM

Hi.  I'm new to GhostVillage. I was wondering if anyone here has done any investigations at Hawk Mountain, PA on these boards?  I've done my research and have been up to the location of the New Bethel Cemetery many times.  I was just wondering if anyone has the same obsession with this location as well.

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:04 AM

Hi, Ghostly and welcome to GV ;D
Moved this to Haunted Locations where you may get a better response. I've heard of a Hawk Mountain in Pa, but the only one I know about is in N. Dakota
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:44 AM

whoops.  thanks for moving it.  

hawk mountain has so much history to it and it's full of energy!  you can feel it the second you hit area.  

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 06:21 PM

Where in PA is it?  There are a number of Pennsylvanians on the board.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 01:59 PM

Hi ghostly and welcome to gv, glad to have you here with us and hope to hear a lot from you. I have been looking for some info and this is the only little bit I have so far but it is only a quick mention.

http://www.hersheydu...erson/ghost.htm

maybe just a bit more LOL

http://www.tangledfo...tes2/pennx.html

http://www.geocities...normal/KHS.html
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#6 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:35 PM

masquarade-

Hawk Mountain is located along the Appalachian Flyway in southeastern Pennsylvania.  it's such a great area. full of energies.  it used to be old Indian grounds.  Then the gypsies took over.  Also the nations first serial killer, Mathias Schambacher, did his murders up there in his tavern and he's buried up at the New Bethel Church Cemetery.  It's really close to where I am located.  I love it up there.  It's beautiful and very haunted.  Legends of the '10 foot phantom' have been reported for ages tearing through the trees.  A mystery white bird is spotted that is unidentified.  Supposedly a ghost bird.  Mathias is also up there.  Indian spirits too, of course. I could go on and on about the different 'spooks' up there!  There are just too many!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's better than Gettysburg!  

It's also a bird conservation..eagles, hawks, and falcons can be observed there. Long walking trails and such.  It's a wonderful place..both spooky and beautiful...full of mother nature at it's best.    ;)

#7 ghostly

ghostly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:38 PM

CajunKnight

Yes.  I've been to most of those sights.  Thank you for listing them.  It's a great place.  Anyone who comes to PA should definately stop at Hawk Mountain.  Whether they're interested in Ghosts or Wild Life..it's a must to go there.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users