Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Gates of Hell Question

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 17 August 2003 - 04:40 PM

The only Gates of hell i have heard about is the one in york pa.  currently i have been Staking" the place out...mostly to find someplace inconspicuous to park to do my exploring.  unfortunately the local boys in blue do patrolling in the area at night.  i am also trying to research the actual story behind it, but being as it is a local legend there seems to be no paper trail.  the most i have is what i have heard from various people.  one story is that there was a mental hospital on "toad rd" (wich coincidentally is not even the name of the road...lol)  and experiments were done and eventually some inmates escape and they were murdered tragically.  the other story wich seems more feesible given the area, was that there was a "church" where some screwed up things were done, possibly satanic or "dark arts" related.  if anyone can find a link to a true paper trail let me know.  or if anyone has been there and knows a good place to park let me know too.  if ya have any questions i can answer i will be glad to try.

#17 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:49 AM

I live in Columbus, Ohio, and we have a "Gates of Hell" here as well.  What it is here is a long, dark, spray-painted drain/tunnel.  The end I went in is square, and I guess by the time you reach the other end, it's round (I still haven't the courage to go all the way through).  It's pitch-black, and there are these weird metal grate things at the end of the round side.  I actually was there yesterday and took some pictures, though I'm not sure how well they will turn out because of the darkness and my slow shutter speed.  I am not sure if there is documentation on a haunting or not, but let me tell you, I get these eerie feelings every time I go into the tunnel.  I swear my eyes must have been playing tricks on me because I kept seeing things out of the corner of my eye.  *shudders*  I will be going back there tomorrow-this time with a flashlight.  I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow.........
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#18 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:01 PM

Welcome, Lourdeskitty, I believe there a number of posts around about the Gates of Hell in York County, though they may be a bit buried under newer threads.  I hope you decide to join and stay awhile
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#19 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:10 PM

York,Pa.

The legend behind the Gates was that long ago there had been a mental institution in York, with 7 gates leading to the asylum, and it was here that dozens of heinous acts were committed against those housed there. Soon enough, a handful of the patients were able to escape, later to be gunned down in the woods surrounding. As legend continues, the tortured spirits of the dead still remain on the grounds, and in the asylum, and so far, no one had been able to make it past the 5th gate due to being terrified of the things they've seen and heard.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#20 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:15 PM

BTW I have found 8 possible locations of the gates and funny thing is that they all seem to be in the good old USA

1. Stull, Kansas
2. York, PA
3. Reymers Hollow, PA
4. Somewhere in New Jersey
5. Philly, PA
6. Lansing, Michigan
7. Near Coral Gabel, Florida
8. St Joseph, Missouri

If any of you find any others let us know.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#21 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 09:40 AM

St. Joseph?! That's only an hour from me!  :o :'(
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#22 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 09:27 PM

Lourdes Kittywe were just there on the way back from our road Trip,,,,this is my suggestion to you. We went on A Thursday Night/Friday Morning about 3:30am
....It was calm as could be and we slid in and out with no problems....We also heard  A LOT OF weird noises in the path that heads straight and then to the right..
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#23 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 09:31 PM

Cajun, Reymeyers Hollow is ALso part of southern PA.....Its actually a completely different place than The 7 Gates of Hell. We've gotten directions from someone local and hope to check it out sometime soon.

Also Lourdeskitty as far as Toad Road is concerned...thats actually not a myth Trout Run Road when it becomes dirt was named by locals at one time as Toad Road and thats where people get confused...We parked on the straight part of the dirt road right before it turns that sharp corner and continues on down the hill.  

• Guests

Posted 19 August 2003 - 09:58 PM

Hi my name is Bill and I live in Dover, PA, which is in york.  I have just recently been been in search for some of the places i have read about in your forum.  This past weekend i actually went in search of the 7 gates.  i was at the location and walked quite a bit into the woods.  they seem to go on forever, and i only got back to roughly gate 3 from what i am told.  the group i was with was very large and i couldnt really hear anything due to the younger members talking and yelling mostly.  just walking back there though you have a feeling about you like you are not alone though.  even though all of the chatter you could hear some things in the woods that i would not regard as being animal noises. ( we needed to head out of there mainly due to the fact that we had only a hand full of lights, and they were low on power, it was a last min. decision to go)  Im actually trying to resaerch a bit more on the story myself on the back ground and such, and plan to go back.  

As far as the background of the site goes.  The strongest that i have found is that there was a mental institution at the end of the trail/road and that there was a fire there.  The patients that were not killed in the blaze escaped only to die later in the woods.  
I have also heard that there was also a church there as well.  THere seem to be more details in the asylum story which lets me to believer that there is one there
, but the demographics of the area would lead me to believe that there could have been achurch there, since the hospital would be placed so far away from everyting else.  

As for the other site that I had seen mentioned, it is called Rehmeyer's hollow.  

the story behind that site is that Neslon Rehmeyer was a know white witch of some sort in the 1920's.  a man named blymire thought that rehmyer had put a hex on he and his family, so he and 2 accomplices went to his farm to get a lock of his hair and his spell book and killed rehmeyer in the process. this is a true story and site.  there was a book written about the trials and the story behind it in 1960's called "hex"  it is out of print but i am currently looking for a copy.  

I attempetd to find this site 2 weekends ago and found the road (rehmeyers hollow rd) but was unable to find the house.  some friends of mine believe to have figured out where the farm is after asking some older people in york. our problem finding it is the fact of the matter of there being a number of busted down looking houses and such on the road itself that we couldnt begin to figure out where to start.  

i have heard of accounts of people being near it and seeing dorrs open themselves and such. and apparently people have been inside, but not to the upstairs or something.  i am investigating that more as well. I plan on returning to this forum to swap info....

here is my personal contact info

AIM:  BigU3009
Email: BigU3009@hotmail.com

thanks, Bill

#25 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 05:03 AM

yeah what that guy said ;)

#26 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:24 PM

Welcome to gv Duffman hope you hang in here with us a while, go ahead and register and join the family you will enjoy it. If you can I need some info on York. Could you or someone else local possibly give me some map coordinates (logitude and latitude) of the area near where the gates are supposed to be located. the area where you parked your vehicles and started walking and the direction you headed would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

#27 Baldrick

Baldrick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 11:17 PM

Hi im baldrick. I got some info from an article i read about the gates of hell. Here is one. its pretty freaky. ;)  ;)

Scientists are afraid that they have opened the gates of hell. A geological group who drilled a hole about 14.4 kilometers deep (about 9 miles) in the crust of the earth, are saying that they heard human screams. Screams have been heard from the condemned should from earth's deepest hole. Terrified scientists are afraid they have let loose the evil powers of hell up to the earth's surface.
"The information we are gathering is so surprising, that we are sincerely afraid of what we might find down there," stated Mr. Azzacov, the manager of the project to drill a 14.4 kilometer hole in remote Siberia.

The geologists were dumbfounded. After they drilled several kilometers through the earth's crust, the drill bit suddenly began to rotate wildly. "There is only one explanation - that the deep center of the earth is hollow," the surprised Azzacov explained.

The second surprise was the high temperature they discovered in the earth's center. "The calculations indicate the given temperature was about 1,100 degrees Celsius, or over 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit," Dr. Azzacov points out. "This is far more than we expected. It seems almost like an inferno of fire is brutally going on in the center of the earth."

"The last discovery was nevertheless the most shocking to our ears, so much so that the scientists are afraid to continue the project. We tried to listen to the earth's movements at certain intervals with super-sensitive microphones, which were let down through the hole. What we heard, turned those logically thinking scientists into trembling ruins.

"It was sometimes a weak but high pitched sound which we thought to be coming from our own equipment," explained Dr. Azzacov. "But after some adjustments we comprehended that indeed the sound came from the earth's interior. We could hardly believe our own ears.

We heard a human voice, screaming in pain. Even though one voice was discernible, we could hear thousands, perhaps millions, in the background, of suffering souls screaming. After this ghastly discovery, about half of the scientists quit because of fear. Hopefully, that which is down there will stay there," Dr. Azzacov added.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One last note, one source claiming to quote the entire article stated that certain paranormal manifestations occurred after the shaft broke through into the pit nine miles below, namely a vaporous image of a creature with horns temporarily manifested and then later dissipated. Whether this claim was actually made by the geologists or not is still uncertain.

#28 stevenedel

stevenedel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:40 AM

Hey baldrick,
Maybe you should consider the below; found on the website 'truthorfiction'.

[glow=red,2,300]The Siberian Scientists who Drilled into Hell-Fiction!

Summary of eRumor:  
Russian scientists conducting deep hole drilling experiments in Siberia break through the earth's crust at more than 14 kilometers.  They find it unusually hot at that depth (2,000 degrees F).  As a part of trying to listen to movement in the earth's crust, they drop a microphone into the drilled hole and are horrified when they realize they are hearing the voices of millions of people crying out in torment.  Terrified, they decide to abandon the project, but not before a bat-like apparition arises from the hole and gives them a message.

The Truth:  
This is the combination of an urban legend and a hoax.  The original story of the deep hole drilling in Siberia made the rounds of tabloid newspapers in the early 1990's.  Some researchers have theorized that the story somehow got started from an authentic deep hole drilling project, but that has never been proven.  That original story included the account of breaking through the crust, hearing the voices from the hole, and shutting down the drilling operation.  The plot thickened when a Norwegian school teacher named Age Rendalen decided to embellish the story with the description of the bat-like creature coming out of the hole.  He did it purposely to see whether a religious television program would accept the story at face value without checking it out, and they did.  TruthOrFiction.com has first-hand information from Mr. Rendalen
[/glow]

Don't believe everything you read - especially not when such extraordinary claims are being made!! By the way, that the earth's core is a raging fire we knew already, and in fact it's much hotter than 1000 celsius! It's a pity so many people spend so much time engrossed in pseudo-science (and worse) without ever taking the trouble to get some basic facts about real science right...
Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. (Carl Sagan)

#29 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 04:29 AM

Steven

Thank you for finding the article about the truth of that story,  I myself have also taken with a grain (or pound in this case) of salt, but for some of our younger members they are still learning to sift through what they read
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#30 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 09:55 AM

yeah besides everyone knows the best way to get to hell is to take the Southern Exit off route 666 and then just turn onto Satan's Terrace road, and ur good to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users