Oklahoma

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with the supernatural, hauntings and places in Oklahoma

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:44 PM

We have found the purple church! The exact location and we have been in! TOOLkid, you need to put your post up here! I have done some research on it and have come up with no real evidence, but I think I may be able to put 2 and 2 together, but I would like to know if anyone else out there has any input on this story. I am going to do more research to try to find the truth, but in the meantime I have been able to piece together some of the story. Sean Sellers was executed in 1999 for the murder of his parents and a Circle K night shift clerk. A book was written about it called Web of Darkness. From what I can put together from old newspaper articles, stories from people that lived in the area of the purple church at that time, and land records, Sean Sellers and other satanists practiced some of their satanic rituals there. There are stories that a woman sacrificed her baby there and other stories of human and animal sacrifices. There are other websites on this story, but some are not credible. After I read a couple of more articles and do a little more research on this location, I may be able to piece together the whole story.
But we found the exact location, if anyone else is interested in finding this place. We have talked to some other people that have been there in the middle of the night and said that they were run off with the sound of pump shotguns. I would be very careful going there, especially at night.
Posted Image

#32 TOOLkid

TOOLkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:47 PM

well now it seems i was tricked at the purple church by the ruthless margie, all in good taste though haha she lit some candles in the purple church before i showed up and when me and a few friends came upon it the candles were going, it freaked me out, but come to find out 2 days later it was all a joke, and a good one indeed haha, but anyways also in the same night me and margie checked out a old abandoned school, met some investigaters at the school, they were kind of rude at first but once we actually got to talking to them they seemed to be pretty cool people, i didn't make it through the whole school cause i stood outside talking to one of the guys we met, margie can probally tell you more about the place, although in all honesty i think there is no haunting at this place just a bunch of stories made up by some kids, but anyways our last trip of the night was at a cemetery, which i do not know the name of, nothing really freaky about the place to me, but although i might have caught a orb in a picture i took, i need to load it on to my comp and get a better look at it, and also at the cemetery margie and shana got to hear more about my friends torturing when i was younger than what they wanted to hear, in all the night was really fun hopefully i will be able to go out again tonight and have some more fun times

#33 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with the supernatural, hauntings and places in Oklahoma

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:09 AM

Yes, we did pull one over on TOOLkid and he took it really well. Congrats! Well, I have done research over research, over research on the purple church and have not been able to come up with anything new. I have theories, but that is all they are, and being everyone I can find that was personally involved has passed on or unable to locate, although there is one avenue I have not yet went down. I do know the son of the judge that presided over Sean Sellers case. That might be worth checking out. Although court records are probably sealed.
Well, the Townley's Dairy burned down under mysterious circumstances. Everyone that I know thinks that the owner did it, as do I. Very strange that the only parts that were completely burned was where all the business records were. We did get pictures of the house! TOOLkid has them if anyone is interested. Oh, yeah, so do I. Sorry, brainfart. We did finally go upstairs and look around and found more blood on the floor. Probably some prankster, being we didn't find a body. We did go into the factory and offices and began hearing footsteps, but found no source of the footsteps.
As to the cemetery and the school that we went to, it was Oaklawn Cemetery in Spencer, OK and George Wright School at 63rd and Sooner Rd. I would really like to go back to the school and go downstairs under the stage. And what is with all the lawnmowers? It looks like a lawnmower cemetery in the auditorium! Probably 10 or 15 of them. All the same color and make. Weird!
We need to get another expedition up! Has anyone heard anything about Draper Lake? As many bodies as they find there every year, that place is bound to be haunted! Anyone out there ever hear anything?
Posted Image

#34 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:11 AM

http://www.abovetops...hread148827/pg1

here is a thread I found from the abovetopsecret forum. it is about he purple church. hope it helps
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#35 The Law

The Law

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:07 AM

Well, the Townley's Dairy burned down under mysterious circumstances. Everyone that I know thinks that the owner did it, as do I. Very strange that the only parts that were completely burned was where all the business records were. We did get pictures of the house! TOOLkid has them if anyone is interested. Oh, yeah, so do I. Sorry, brainfart. We did finally go upstairs and look around and found more blood on the floor. Probably some prankster, being we didn't find a body. We did go into the factory and offices and began hearing footsteps, but found no source of the footsteps.

If you knew anything about the dairy, its construction and the illegal break-ins that have been occurring over the last several months, you wouldn't find this so mysterious. The Townleys Dairy was bought out by Farm Fresh in the early 90s and all Farm Fresh wanted to do was increase production capacity and put a competitor out of business at the same time. The business records are 15+ years old and of no relevance. The production floor of the dairy is made of brick and reinforced concrete; the house and some office structure that burned were constructed out of far more flammable materials.

What strikes me as interesting is that in adjacent posts on this forum you mention 1) lighting candles in one site you have visited and 2) the Townley's Dairy burning. I know both the owner and the buyer that he had for this building and I think they and the OSBI would be very interested in your activities.

#36 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

Interesting. Dang it. Too bad I don't live in Tulsa. I'd love to check this stuff out.
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallows’ Night.

#37 nike4331

nike4331

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:05 AM

well me and me friends have done some research and my dad used to live up in that area near the purple church, and i asked him "what was it?" and he went bulistic, he told me to NEVER go up there, he calmed down and said he had some expereance up there and he wont tell us (me, jesus, sean, brian, and carry) how to get there... we plan to go upp there and we dont know exactily how to get there.. we live in delcity on 15th, near townleys.. and yes i grew up near there, i know the whole story about townleys.. e mail me and i will give info, but can someone give exact directions from sooner and 23rd??? to the purple church?? :vampire: myspace is http://www.myspace.com/permanentG... send me something please

#38 neko_chan

neko_chan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

hi everyone. i know this thread is pretty old but when i found it i just couldn't resist!! anyways, ive been introsted in the purple church also for quit some time. ive never been there but i do know where it is to the t. my bf and i past by it just the other night. he did tell me some things about it also. its not much but maybe it will help some of you guys. the bilding that was there before was really not a church. i think he said it was just a house. after many years is just burned down. no one really knows how. anyways, he said that he has been in the house before that. he said the reason why is was called the purple church is because of all the spray paint was purple and because of all the satanic things that went on. he said that he has never hurd of any human sacrifices only animal but ya never know, right? ive been reading and some say that if you go out there you can see tons of animal bones. also, they say you can hear strang noises and see strange animals or deformed animals. ya know. anyways, i dont know if that was much or any help at all. anyways, my bf and i are planing on going out there maybe this weekend. depends on how many people we can get together. is there anyone out there that still wants to go??

#39 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:43 PM

Darren, are you out there? These kids need help! Go to: N.E. 63rd and Douglas. Turn north on Douglas. Yeah, it looks pretty lame, put this is where it is. Go north until the turn in the road. You will pass, after the turn, True Grit sand plant and fields. Go to the first house on the north side. STOP! Directly on your south, covered by overgrown bushes on the south side is the drive way for the purple church. If it is dark, have a flashlight. Take mosquito spray. Beware of dogs. Not mutant dogs. The people across the street kind of keep an eye on the place for the Chesapeke Energy Co. who own the place. Go throught the bushes, beware of barbed wire, go up the path, which is now probably grown up, about 100 ft. ON YOUR LEFT, up the hill, will be the remnants of the original purple church. The only thing left now is the cellar. But, it will be unmistakeable. Pentagram and all. If this is not specific-enough directions, email me.
Posted Image

#40 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:47 AM

This thread is treading the line on a certain GV guidline, so here's another friendly reminder from your Haunted Locations Mods....

We at Ghostvillage DO NOT condone any type of illegal activity, whether it is done in the pursuit of paranormal research or otherwise.
With that being said, the Member Guidelines for the message boards have been updated to include number 7: Any post or material that contains a reference to any type of illegal activity (such as trespassing, use of illegal substances, or any other activity that is deemed illegal) shall be removed from the boards without warning.

This means that if you post something that is illegal, your post or material will be removed from public view. You will not be given a warning, it will just be removed. No explanation will be given.

Notice I said that it will be removed from public view. That does not mean that the material will be deleted, but it will be removed and logged so that we are able to keep it as a record. The first time you violate Guideline #7, the material will be removed. The second time, your account will be suspended for 48 hours. The third offense will result in the removal of your account from GV.

This is something that we take very seriously. GV is here to promote the paranormal world, to get people talking about it and thinking about it, to give people a place to come and talk about their experiences and find others who can relate. We want to do this in a positive way. Illegal activity involved with the paranormal world casts a very negative light on things and we will not condone that, be part of that, or accept it.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 05 June 2007 - 04:03 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#41 neko_chan

neko_chan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

well, thats a bunch of bull. you make up a ghost web site and let us talk just about what ever we want and of course there is gonna be some talk about going ghost hunting. i dont really care if my account gets deleted. there are tons of places i can go. so, like i said before. i know where the purple church is and the kitchen lake house is. i went there last night and planing to go again. if anyone wants to tag along just email me

Edited by masquarade, 04 June 2007 - 07:05 PM.

#42 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

OK, I'm gonna pout now :) I'm pretty sure that Mystic Hippy and I are the only Okie GVrs from the southeast part of the state and as much as we'd dearly love to, stuff like dicey health keeps us from wandering too far afield anymore. I really think y'all need to come down this way and go on some hunts! We have 20 acres in Buzzard Gap (9 miles due north of Robbers Cave State Park) that is quite active and then there's Robbers Cave itself and several places in and around McAlester and...........:am I tempting you yet?:

#43 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

Sheesh........me and my sense of direction :wow: Make that 9 miles due SOUTH of Robbers Cave State Park!

#44 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

Might just have to take you up on that ---- and no trespassing - yay! :Spaz:

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#45 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

nope ~ it's either on the rather active land that we own or public access areas. When we FINALLY get moved out to the property (and right now would work for me), we're planning a humongous dedication/celebration and if the whole place was filled to capacity with GVrs, that would be sooo cool :ghost:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users