Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Dudleytown, Connecticut

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:51 AM

Ummm, hey guys...since we do not like to promote trespassing here on GV, can we not talk about the various "styles" of it....even if it is in jest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I bad.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#17 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:06 AM

Very interesting indeed. It makes me wonder about direct brain stimulus (see Psychics), and the Rockhauler's current thread on the Skeptic's page about perception. Take a look. This topic is covered in detail, pro and con.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#18 UConnLaw25

UConnLaw25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am now DrCivis1980.

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:06 AM

The Mohawk Trail does still pass through a corner of the place, or so I heard that you pass through part of it. I went up there to find a geocache on 12/30, since I was held up earlier I got there too late and it got dark on me. Being alone in the dark and very close to the place is not recomended. My eyes and ears were playing nasty tricks on me since I thought I kept hearing a baby cry but I imagine that was just the trees creaking. The only unusual thing though is my gps started to go nuts up near the dam. When I simply turned around to look back down the trail and away from d-town, it returned to normal. It doesn't seem like much however I can't figure out why it would not continue to go nuts when I am standing in the same place, simply facing a different direction. Others have had the same experience. Like I said, the oddity is simply that by changing the direction you are facing towards Dudleytown, the gps goes nuts, if it were simple sattelite signal interference I would think it would have continued to spaz out despite my direction. I am heading up tomorrow morning, the cache is on public land right off the trail at the corner of D-town so it isn't trespassing. This time it will definately stay light and my friend can make this trip.

#19 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:28 AM

The Mohawk Trail does still pass through a corner of the place, or so I heard that you pass through part of it. I went up there to find a geocache on 12/30, since I was held up earlier I got there too late and it got dark on me. Being alone in the dark and very close to the place is not recomended. My eyes and ears were playing nasty tricks on me since I thought I kept hearing a baby cry but I imagine that was just the trees creaking. The only unusual thing though is my gps started to go nuts up near the dam. When I simply turned around to look back down the trail and away from d-town, it returned to normal. It doesn't seem like much however I can't figure out why it would not continue to go nuts when I am standing in the same place, simply facing a different direction. Others have had the same experience. Like I said, the oddity is simply that by changing the direction you are facing towards Dudleytown, the gps goes nuts, if it were simple sattelite signal interference I would think it would have continued to spaz out despite my direction. I am heading up tomorrow morning, the cache is on public land right off the trail at the corner of D-town so it isn't trespassing. This time it will definately stay light and my friend can make this trip.

What does a compass do? If I were to accompany you I would take my emf meter. Emf discharge should affect an electronic device.

This leads me to wonder about the specialness of certain places. One of the first posts I ever made at GV was about Amazon.com. Their head office is in one of the most haunted buildings in Seattle. One of the more fascinating aspects of the whole business, was that the site of the building is very dramatic, and would have attracted attention no matter what was located there. Do certain locations have something about them which assures a haunt, or makes them unfit for habitation?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#20 UConnLaw25

UConnLaw25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:I am now DrCivis1980.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:54 AM

Well it was actually the gps which went nuts but I went up there during the day and nothing happened. It's actually a beautiful area but I would go after the snow melts.

#21 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:14 AM

Markway, do you have any links to that haunted Amazon building. that sounds wild.

I've seens some really great pics from Dudleytown though. I believes haunted but not as some links would lead you to believe

#22 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:26 AM

Markway, do you have any links to that haunted Amazon building. that sounds wild.

I've seens some really great pics from Dudleytown though. I believes haunted but not as some links would lead you to believe

It was one of my first posts here at Ghost Village. I think that you have to just click on my name.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#23 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:30 PM

Dark Entry road, which originally lead to Dudleytown, is closed off, and like the Green Lady cemetery, has seen vandalism and mischief makers in past years.

The only way you can "access" Dudleytown is by the Appalachian Trail which goes right by it in Cornwall. I have hiked on this trail and to be honest, would not go on the section that goes by this haunted area. When I initially went, I heard a very strange (animal?)voice I still cannot describe which scared me witless. I simply started heading back home. It's in the middle of nowhere, which makes it not so safe if you are alone. There are signs that say "No Trespassing" on both sides of the trail.

#24 sinister

sinister

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Dudleytown<br />Haunted/ Abandoned Asylums<br /><br /><br />I enjoy thrills, dangerous outings...I want to feel my skin crawl with fear. I haven't yet found the thrill I am seeking, but this place gives me a better opportunity to find cool and interesting locations.

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

MGH, are you certain of this? Its been quite a while since my last visit, but Bald Mntn Rd is definitely closed off. Dk Entry Rd is part of the App Trail (the blue blazed trail)...so that is not off limits. The big issue is parking. We once booked a room at the motel to park. The other time we parked at the entrance to the trail on the opposite side, but it ended up being a day long hike and we were too worn out to begin searching for ruins once we got the the other side.

Other times, when I just entered for a few minutes, I parked in the Bait & Tackle shop nearby.

All in all, weve had strange occurences, usually dealing with the people, but also some weird things, but nothing truly scientific or noteworthy. Im sure I elaborated on older DTown threads.

#25 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

MGH, are you certain of this? Its been quite a while since my last visit, but Bald Mntn Rd is definitely closed off. Dk Entry Rd is part of the App Trail (the blue blazed trail)...so that is not off limits. The big issue is parking. We once booked a room at the motel to park. The other time we parked at the entrance to the trail on the opposite side, but it ended up being a day long hike and we were too worn out to begin searching for ruins once we got the the other side.

Other times, when I just entered for a few minutes, I parked in the Bait & Tackle shop nearby.

All in all, weve had strange occurences, usually dealing with the people, but also some weird things, but nothing truly scientific or noteworthy. Im sure I elaborated on older DTown threads.

When you get to Rt 4 in Cornwall there's going to be a parking lot for hikers/joggers at the trailhead. Head southward on the Appalachian Trail that goes past Dudleytown. Dark Entry Road no longer has a south entrance (apparently it used to at one time) at Bald Mountain Road. This is where Dark Entry is shut off. If you start early in the morning, you can reach the designated end of the "road" by the afternoon. Hiking must be done during the daytime, never at night. Hope that helps! Also try the article below:

http://www.associate..._in.html?cat=16

Three guys tried to locate Dudleytown this past January and got lost on Dark Entry Road:

http://www.registerc...49774608446.txt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users