Ouija Board use

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Chrltt

Chrltt

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Urban Legends, taking photoes, the sims2, but theres so many to think of

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:05 PM

Okay. Better to sound like an idiot for a little bit than do something idiotic and keep the stygma of it forever right? I have a Ouija board. I've been told about the precautions to take. But how in the hell do you actually use it? How do you know its working, and not just you moving the planchet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you have to put your fingers on it lightly, so your just touching, more people, the better it works. Candles help, and you must do a protection spell or the white light. You would feel the force of it moving, and it quite difficult to move it when touching lightly.

#17 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:41 PM

[QUOTE]

A non random sample of 373 respondents derived mostly from Fate Magazine readers and hits on the Rhine Research Center web-site, completed a mail survey of Ouija Board use. Large majorities claimed involuntary movements of the planchette and successful spirit communications
ASbout 2/3 claimed a negative experience with the board and about half said they had felt a compulsion to use it. The questionaire was factor analyzed. Respondents who used the board alone were sent the Tellegen Absorption Scale and Persingers Scale of Complex Partial Epilepyic Signs. The mean scores on both scales were substanially elevated with unique variance correlated with the nimber of sessions to occured using the board alone. Seven-teen percent of respondent's open-ended descriptions of their OJB experiences involved ostensible ESP and 14% Psychokenesis. Oldes respondents were more likely to describe "Strong ESP" experiences and younger respondents strong PK experiences

#18 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:37 AM

one thing i know if that i will never use a ouija board, i was using one online one night and what i think was my grandmother made some noises and got me off of it, she HATED them. u can see the story i posted in encounters under touching

#19 Anythingbutfait

Anythingbutfait

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:16 PM

I've only used one once with a circle of my friends. I wasn't sure what was going to happen so I tried to call on a specific person, namely my grandmother so I could be sure that we would be safe. I know there aren't any garuntees, but I thought it would be at least a little peace of mind.

As far as I know it worked. I sat with the person I trust most in the world, my best friend of 8 years, and we called her by full name. I just asked if she was happy and after waiting silently for about 2 minutes the glass started to move toward yes.

It wasn't my board, it was my friends, and I'm not interested in trying it again. I'm always worried about what I'm going to find.

#20 Blackviolett

Blackviolett

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Photography (amateur), books, travel, supernatural, paranormal, tattoos, art, piercings, motorbikes

Posted 17 July 2005 - 08:01 AM

I would say to you, stay away from the board. Dont open it, dont use it, dont keep it. They are bad news. All the people i know who have used them have had either lingering visitors, injuries or scary experiences. I find them interesting and am curious but wouldnt go near one. Good luck!

Violet
x
"iT wAs tHE VoICes ThAt MaDE me Do iT OfFicEr"

#21 sprace

sprace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:anything ghostly, reading crime thrillers a must, music mainly rock and shopping lots of it!

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:09 PM

My friend today was telling me of a website ( i will find out the link ) which tells that whatever a ouiji board says lies and the spirits that come through are evil and not to be trusted???? it also goes on to say that the bible strictly says that you shouldnt attempt to contact deceased relatives via the ouiji board because of its ability to lead people on to believe that they are talking to people they loved and have since passed on....iam not sure myself what to believe but i just though i would pass this on .
Always believe~ Always Trust~ Always Love~ & All the good things will Find you.

#22 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:02 PM

I agree STAY AWAY from them... It opens up too many doors.. I was in KB Toys today getting stuff for the kids and right on top of the games was a Ouija board.. My 13 yr old looked at me and was like "Please can I have one" I told her not in my life time or as long as she is in my house. I could not even pick up the box (a bad experance with it when I was younger stoped me from ever even looking at one) but well it is your choice to use one but again I would neve touch one....
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#23 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:32 PM

But how in the hell do you actually use it? How do you know its working, and not just you moving the planchet?

The clinical term is "ideomotor response." You may not realize that you are moving the message indicator, but you are. This is similar to automatic writing, also known as automatism, a well-understood psychological phenomenon. Clearly, some persons of a religious nature view Ouija boards as evil. Many movies and TV shows have been made around that theme. So you need first of all to decide whether you believe in such nonsense.

At a more human level, let's consider how a Ouija board works. Vibrations from the finger tips move the pointer about the board, spelling out answers to different questions. So what the Ouija board becomes is a key which can unlock contents of the unconscious. This is always an undertaking to be taken with great caution since the contents of the unconscious mind can be volatile and easily misunderstood.

Further, Ouija boards can set up what are known as "self- fulfilling prophecies." Let's suppose you ask the Ouija board whom you will date and the you spell out "Mary" or "Bud" for reasons which your unconscious understands. Then you might be on the alert for persons with this name coming into your life, perhaps missing in the meantime other opportunities. In any case, along comes a Mary or a Bud and you jump at the opportunity to go out with them, something you might not have considered were it not for the Ouija board. But the reason you go out with them is not because the Ouija board predicted it but because you were expecting it to happen!

Also decide first what you would like the Ouija board to do for you. Ouija boards have an interesting way of reflecting the mental attitudes of the users by responding accordingly. If you want it to act wacky, or have it scare your pants off, the Ouija will not disappoint. If, however, you are looking for a meaningful experience, the Ouija board can offer that also. It's completely up to you.
-Chris-

#24 Safire973

Safire973

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:23 AM

While I'm sure that there have been many horrifying experiences, that was never the case with me.
My mother bought me one for Christmas one year.I hadn't opened it for a while, being that I could never find anyone to use it with me.I finally found someone to use it with me...I was almost 24 at the time.
My friend and I sat down on the floor, and I opened the box.We spent about 3 hours with it, and ended up speaking with my nana and a relative of my friend.It gave me great peace, actually.The questions we received answers to are things that noone could have known, and gave me some much needed closure.
I had heard that you should not take a Ouija board out of the place where you open it, so when my husband and I moved from that apartment, the board stayed on the top shelf in the closet.
I'm almost 32 now, and even though I've used other boards with friends, I have not purchased my own.It's not a matter of fearing it - just that I'm too darn cheap to spend $15 on something I wouldn't get alot of use out of.... :)

#25 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:41 AM

Funny little aside to this topic: I went looking for my board yesterday and it has disappeared. Ok, guys, GIVE IT BACK! lol
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users