• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderer81

Wanderer81

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:38 AM

Okay. Better to sound like an idiot for a little bit than do something idiotic and keep the stygma of it forever right? I have a Ouija board. I've been told about the precautions to take. But how in the hell do you actually use it? How do you know its working, and not just you moving the planchet?

#2 fallen wings133

fallen wings133

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:slipknot, computer games and getting drunk *hicup* oh and eating cake. i like cake...who doesnt?<br /><br />and skating loooove skating and the beach now its spring/summer lol

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:46 AM

well thats the whole debate, it can be argued that its your mind subconciously telling you to move the glass (or whatever it is) or it is actually spirits. the idea is to let your mind relax and foucs on a spirit that u want to communicate with and it is supposed to spell out something on the board.
well, im a slave and i am a master.this is the beginning then. the beggining of the end

#3 bareftbabe

bareftbabe

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:45 PM

Hi.. I hope your taking precautions!! A friend and I used to use one and I ended up with a visitor lingering in the room we used it. scared my kids to death he did!! Anyway, I was recently talking to a friend who used one when he was younger. He said he always used it with 3 to 4 people.. who ever had their hands on the planchet was blindfolded. The others wrote down what it said.. I've never tried this myself but it sounded like it could take the question of who's doing the moving out of things.. As long as you can trust the people your with not to make up things to write down that is...

#4 celestial_kel

celestial_kel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Reading (true crime and ghost books mostly), swimming,riding rollercoasters!

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

You guys are a lot more brave than me! I wouldn't even have one of those boards in my house. Call me chicken or whatever (I admit it), but I don't want a portal to the spirit world in my house. I've heard too many bad stories about Ouija boards and watching the movie Witchboard (which is a good movie for all of us horror fans) didn't help! I'm just a scared-e-cat!! :D
Kel

#5 haunted soul

haunted soul

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with the outdoors, and the Paranormal.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:34 PM

All i can say is that i have only heard bad things about those things, and i would never have one of them in my house.If you are going to use one just be careful and have someone there that knows what they are doing.
Be who you are and say what you mean, cause those who would mind don't matter,and those matter won't mind.

#6 apachedove

apachedove

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:16 PM

I always said a prayer for protection and also always had a cross laid on the corner of the board.

#7 Wanderer81

Wanderer81

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:40 PM

Ok, well, I'm not to worried about summoning something bad into the room. In fact, I know you'll either think me crazy, or just think I'm naive, but I'd like for something to show up. I always did like conversations face to face. Anyone know how to pull that off?

#8 spiritsearcher028

spiritsearcher028

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

I used a Ouija board once when I was in my early 20s and the pointer started to move. I was completely freaked out. I just don't think I'm ready for that kind of contact. I prefer direct contact when I can get it (though it's only happened to me once.)

#9 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:23 PM

Ok, well, I'm not to worried about summoning something bad into the room. In fact, I know you'll either think me crazy, or just think I'm naive, but I'd like for something to show up. I always did like conversations face to face. Anyone know how to pull that off?

As one who's spoken face to face with pure evil (read my shadow person and Pratt Building experiences), I assure you this is not something to be desired. The only thing you get out of it is absolute knowledge that it works. Evil will never give you anything of lasting value.

What would you do if you conjured a being stronger than yourself? How will you send it away when your curiosity is satisfied?

If you are Christian, I advise you to avoid ouija - the Bible only has bad things to say about "familiar spirits."

If you decide to use ouija, protect yourself. Take all available precautions.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#10 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:13 PM

Aloha, everyone always says to take all available precautions. What precautions are you referring to? Do you have any evidence that the precautions work? :angry:
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:05 AM

Precautions with a ouija are personal - what works for one person may be useless for another.

I've heard of drawing a circle of salt around the board then everyone sits outside that circle. Salt has been a cleansing agent since ages past.

Another suggestion that's been passed around is to use a white candle as white represents goodness and purity.

Some friends burn the same herbs they would for smudging, such as sage.

Prayer has been mentioned on this board, but I find that a bit hypocritical: Lord, protect me as I summon unknown beings from the other side.

There is another thread in this forum about ettiquette and precautions for using talking boards - I'll find it and post the URL.

#12 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:46 AM

Aloha, everyone always says to take all available precautions. What precautions are you referring to? Do you have any evidence that the precautions work? :ghost:

good thought. and how much precautions does all precautions means?

#13 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

Here are some Guidelines by Daewen.

#14 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

Prayer has been mentioned on this board, but I find that a bit hypocritical: Lord, protect me as I summon unknown beings from the other side.

:Spaz: ROFLMAO!! :clap:

Very true. You could also add, "and invite them into my body!"

The link is quite interesting too.

CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#15 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:03 AM

I found this link to be very helpful when I first started using the board.
http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users