One Florida Haunt

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ghosthunterchick41

ghosthunterchick41

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 06:33 PM

rumor has it that 15 miles outside of daytona beach, fl is the city of Casadega or "devil house". It's said that you can put your car in neutral at the bottom of a hill and your car will start rolling uphill. it's happened to me. i got out of my car to get a drink at a local gas station at the bottom of a hill. just as luck would have it, my car was gone. i look towards my right to find that my car had mysteriously rolled uphill to the top as i went to get my car i heard a strange noise coming from the other side. i wasn't about to go down there and find out what it was so i left.
Vanessa L. Hatfield

#2 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

I saw a special on TLC on Old Towne Key West having a lot of haunted sites. In fact, it seems as if every house has a history of sordid happenings and hauntings.

There's also a haunted museum with a posessed doll that no one, not even the staff, will touch.

#3 wildone132

wildone132

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 04:53 AM

thats some crazy stuff, id have to touch the doll...

#4 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 03 August 2003 - 07:17 AM

I know where you are talking about with the car going unphill by itself.  It is called "Spook Hill."  I haven't been there in years.  We visited it once when we first moved to Florida 30 years ago.  I also saw on television that there is an elementary school on Spook Hill.  The teachers have a very difficult time explaining physics to these kids!

The doll in Key West is name "Robert."  Legend has it that the doll was given to a boy (who later became an artist) by a voodoo lady.  Everytime the boy got into trouble, he blamed it on Robert.  I guess that Robert got blamed so many times that he became possessed.  The home is now a bed and breakfast.  People have sworn that they have seen the doll's facial expressions change and the doll giggle.  Also, the doll tends to move about on its own.  I would be scared to go near it let alone touch it  Well, maybe take a peek if a lot of people were with me.  There is some type of evil associated with the doll.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#5 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:28 PM

I've heard of many bad things happening to those who have touched or seen Robert the doll and been to the artist's former residence.

My friend and her family were vacationing in Key West, and she and her mother went to the house, now a bed-and-breakfast, to take a picture. I guess they were too freaked out to go to the museum. When her mother went to take a picture of the house, the film door popped open and the whole roll of film ended up being exposed.

Apparently, that's normal fare at that house.

#6 WhyteWatcher

WhyteWatcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:54 PM

I have been to Spook Hill as well, having lived in Florida all my life.  Unfortunately there's not much "spooky" about it.  It is a fun thing to see, but it has all been very logically explained.   The Bok Tower and Gardens in nearby Lake Wales is a very beautiful place to visit as well.

Casadega is about an hour outside of Orlando.  I've been there too.  I got a very bad feeling and became physically ill while visiting there.  The ill feeling intensified upon stepping over the threshold of the old hotel there.  One step was all I took however.  Someone there definitely did not like my presence there.  The entire time I was there I felt very uneasy.

I currently live in SW Florida.  I've seen the Black Knights Investigation Team's (out of Miami) signature yellow F-150 with black graphics tooling around town before.  Had I not been late for work I would've probably flagged them down. :)  In this area we've had sightings all over. The most noteable seem to be on some of the adjoining islands (Pine Island, Sanibel/Captiva, Useppa).  There's an old house that sits on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River that was bequethed to the city by the Burroughs family.  It is complete with a widows walk.  It is open to the public for touring and many have held weddings there.  I only know of one encounter there though, and it was while we were driving by it as a teenager.  Some friends and I were at the traffic light in front of it and a girl in the backseat starting crying all of a sudden and saying that an old woman had just looked out of the upstairs window at her.  At that time (in the 70's) the house was closed and no one lived there.

Oh, and let's not forget that the Seminole Wars were fought along these River banks as well!

#7 LoneFeather

LoneFeather

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:48 AM

Another very famous doll and possessed object can be found here... http://www.lonefeath.../annabelle.html

And another 'hill' famous for moving cars about is here...  http://www.lonefeath...issionroad.html

#8 WhyteWatcher

WhyteWatcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:53 AM

LoneFeather~
This is a little off-topic, but I've just checked out your website, and I must say I am suitably impressed!
It is thorough, informative and engaging.  I especially enjoyed your investigation into the haunted Burger King in Royal Palm Beach.
If you have need of an extra pair of eyes in the south Florida area, please let me know!  -WW.

#9 LoneFeather

LoneFeather

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for the kind words!  Usually the website is pretty much a mess...lol!  I try to keep it updated daily, and always rotate new radio shows into the site every couple of weeks.  

As for my ghost hunting... it's pretty rare these days that I actually get out and about on investigations!  One I have really been wanting to check out is the Flagler Museum in Palm Beach, and I have heard some stories about a local indian reservation that is recieving a 'strange' visitor in the middle of the night.... cryptozoology style.  

Thanks again, I'm glad you enjoyed the website!

LF

#10 WhyteWatcher

WhyteWatcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 07:34 AM

Ooooooo!   :o  Crypto stuff!  Another fascination of mine!  
In fact, I have an experience along those lines to post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users