Queen Mary

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:38 AM

I re-posted your pic, the link didnt work

Posted Image

#32 MissLafay

MissLafay

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:46 AM

Oh thanks!

#33 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:49 AM

Your welcome, it would of worked, came up as a link, but you didnt leave a space between where you wrote My Photo's and the link... :headbang:

I cant really tell what that is with that pic, its very pixelly :lol:

#34 MissLafay

MissLafay

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:55 AM

Unfortunately I had my camera on very low resolution, this was before I had a great camera with lots of memory sticks!

It's a stringy substance that shows up light in front of dark things, but dark when it's in front of the glass. Weird!

I just checked out the Queen Mary cam again (haven't done that in ages). What are the hours? I saw a janitor or somebody walking around. That's kinda lame! They shouldn't post the came when people are actually THERE.

#35 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:35 AM

The cam is 24/7 , it was most likely a security gaurd going through..they do that..The ship gets vandelised somtimes...so the cam really is a good idea, when there used be lots of people watching it all the time, we actually caught footage of the people doing the vandalising lol..

#36 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:33 PM

I've watched the camera and I have found that there are a lot of shadows as the camera changes frames. For those who have seen things on the live cam, what have you seen, and how did you know it was paranormal?
Posted Image

#37 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:27 PM

Hi Legs (Justa) personally i spent a long time in there when there was a whole group of people who watched it and chatted and shared their pics. I have seen some great shots that were taken from that cam. But mostly i believe its just the evil pixel monster you see. I personally got some good shots too. I once capped a child in there, I am certain of it. I think i have deleted those pics , so cant share them. In my pic folder i have kept one, i believe its a bright orb, in the centre of the pic is a small white dot. YOu can see it, it was there in one frame gone the next..i watched the cam for a long time, it was the only time it happened. There is a lot of people who believe there is a lot of activity in that pool area especially. There probably is, I have seen shadow people, but at the same time, was it shadow ghosts or was it somone running up the stairs , like the security gaurds when they do their parolling? You see that a fair bit at night.

#38 Dolphin4

Dolphin4

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:05 AM

Hi all,

A programme in England (Most Haunted) recently done a 3 week investigation at the ship. In one of the rooms that they used to use as a bedroom they have unfortunately had to close it now due to the amount of activity, they made on of the crew stay in it for the night and he was being filmed. This noice started off like someone walking around then you could hear something like coat hangers being thrown at the wall. As the guy who was asleep woke up and asking who was there, you suddenly heard someone run into the other room and say Mummy in a very child like voice which was also very clear. Also at the swimming pool they went to do some filming and found lots of fresh wet footprints and a pool of water, as there is no water in the pool they couldn't explain it. It was a very interesting show just a shame I don't trust everything that the mediums have to say.

Sam

#39 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:53 PM

Simmy has put a good link up on page two of this thread for any who want to view the ship's Ghost Cam. It's pretty interesting.

Edited by Justa, 18 August 2005 - 09:58 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Michael W

Michael W

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:24 PM

The Queen Mary is one of the most haunted sites -  As a matter of fact, they now offer Ghost Tours in addition to the regular tours.

The energy and the sorrow at The Queen Mary is overwhelming. I find it difficult to even be on the property...same as I did at Gettysburg.

I took the Ghost Tour a few months ago. This is the real ghost tour and not the special effects ghost tour. There is an area near the pool that feels very much like a cold spot. It is confined to a relatively small area near the dressing rooms and is much colder than it's surroundings. The whole pool area is kind of weird but that is the first time I have encountered what might be a cold spot.
Michael

#41 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:41 AM

The Queen Mary is one of the places I would love to visit...it on my top 10 haunted places to go to.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#42 Michael W

Michael W

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

If you don't mind sharing, what are the other nine?
Michael

#43 Jamie E

Jamie E

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:47 PM

Hello,
I am a new member to this forum. I was on the Queen Mary a number of years ago on a tour. We started at a large stair way and then went down many flights of stairs and gathered in a area waiting for the ok to go on. I ducked into the restroom and when I came out the group had left. I went through a few doors hoping to catch up but found myself in a dark set of halls. There was a display of the troops the ship carried from wwII. I was getting spooked by the darkness in the halls. All the cases were filled with maniquins dressed in green uniforms. I had had enough. I opened the first door to my left and ducked under a propeller shaft and found myself in an area with controls like telegraphs for engine speed and all sorts of gauges. I figured up was out since I was a number of decks down in the ship. I was happy though that the place was well lit and was impressed with all the wood and brass in the area. I started to climb up a ladder. About two thirds of the way up I felt every hair on my body go up. I felt something hit me hard from the back and it seemed to go through me about chest high. My body went weak. Luckily I was able to hug the ladder with my arms hooked around it or I may have fallen backwards. I then felt a strong thought, no words. You don't belong here. I went the rest of the way up the ladder quickly and looked around the area. Silent no sign of anyone. I wondered if this was really an encounter with a ghost or spirit. I wondered if it tried to hurt me on the ladder. I saw signs in the area that indicated that I was beyond where people were intended to be viewing this area and quickly got out of the area. I made my way back up to the the main stairs and asked how to get back with my tour. The lady said that they would be up in the bow lounge. I got up on deck because I did not want to find my way through below deck halls. I had had enough. The deck was very impressive and by the time I got to the bow I got some courage up and went down to the lounge. My friends were at a table in the back. It was crowded so I ordered a drink at the bar. The lady tending bar served a mixed drink a bit full. I spilt it because my hands were still shaking. She apologized. I told her it was not her fault. I explained to her that it may sound strange but something had gone right through me back in the ship. She said that the ship was haunted. I felt like a real tourist and said oh sure not quite believing her. She said that there was construction below for the hotel. None of the employees wanted to go into a certain hall way. They hear water running. I was not getting the point and asked if the ship was leaking. She shook her head and said nevermind.
I had put this out of my mind for a number of years until hearing that the Queen Mary was one of the most haunted places in the country. The area I was in was mentioned. This is a very true story. I am hoping I can read more on this forum and try to gain more information about other people's encounters.

#44 squirrelgardens

squirrelgardens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak to spooky destinations.

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

Not to change the subject, but there is now a ship Queen Mary 2. There are also paranormal activity reported on this ship that is about 3 years old.

We sailed on her last year with family. Stayed on Deck 6.....and the steward asked us if we had seen the ghost. Other passengers have reported a woman who died onboard still walking the area of Deck 6.

There was a murder on board last summmer, 2 days before we were sailing out of Southampton. One crew member bludgeoned 2 crew....one lived and one died onbaord. A german passenger has fallen overboard.

The creepest thing is that when the ship was being fitted and finished in France. Cunard who owns the ship had a family day so that the builders and crew could see the ship before its maiden voyage. The gangway gave out. Several, perhaps 15 people fell to their deaths.

It is a bad omen for a ship to have an accident before sailing. The Titanic had the same mishaps. People who have sailed on the new Queen Mary 2 have noted that the ship has a bad feeling. It will be interesting to see if the bad karma still follows here. It is a new ship that has seen many deaths aboard her

already. Do you think that it has anything to do with the renaming her from the haunted Queen Mary 1.
Mother of three fur babies. Lover of all wildlife.

#45 roxas_eternal

roxas_eternal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, video games, writting fan fiction, drawing fan art, history, ancient history, world history & the paranormal.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:25 AM

again, another older post, but an interesting one. I find the Queen Mary interesting as well, though I don't feel any prior connection to her, compared to the Titanic.

I had no idea, that there were things going on aboard the Queen Mary 2. That is TOTALLY new to me. Now I am truely intrigued. I don't think it has anything to do with it being named after the first ship, But I too, even when seeing this ship in the newspaper (which I still have the clipping of. Its the one where it meets the original for the first time.), feel ominous things around it. I just feel this bad Karma, its weird.

I can't remember, but I think the QM2 is actually longer and definately bigger than the Titanic, which, I would be concerned about. I would think, that a ship of that size, would have weaknesses hidden within its structure, weaknesses, that nobody has noticed yet. I get strange vibes when even thinking of this ship.

However, If I lived close enough to visit the original QM, I would. I live in the state of Iowa and can't afford to travel to where she is permanately docked. Although, It would be intrigueing to see what others have experienced on both the original and the QM2.

Anyway, does anyone know of any articles related to the QM2 incidents and reports on hauntings. If so, could you post the links. I am really curious now. ^^ thanks in advance if you have any.
Posted Image"The Darkness I have feared has come at last. But, if our hearts beat as one, we shall defeat the darkness and bring forth the piercing light, that will lead us home to our future!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users