• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:48 PM

Has anyone ever been on this ship. its said to be vey haunted heres the run down.

One hears of claims of one place or another as being the "most haunted" whatever, be it a house, school, castle, or hotel. The Queen Mary does not officially make any of these claims, but if the stories and history behind this magnificent hotel/museum are true, it would have to be one of the most haunted places in the world. The Queen Mary, now permanently docked in Long Beach, California, and acting as a hotel and tourist site, was originally launched in 1934. She was, and is, twelve decks of art deco splendor. Known as "The Queen of the Atlantic", she also served as a soldier transport during World War II. She was retired in 1967 after 1001 crossings of the Atlantic, but some of her former passengers are said to have never left.

http://www.thebrgs.h...ead.com/QM.html

Heres a live came :o
http://www.ghostsand...ection=ghostcam

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:40 AM

My brother and sister-in-law spent a night there 2 or 3 years ago and my SIL said the TV in their room kept turning itself on, even after they unplugged it.  My brother is very matter of fact about ghosts, but my sil was freaked out.
petunia4998

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:30 PM

I got some ghost pics from there i'll try to put them up soon. that ship is very haunted the pool is bad.

#4 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:13 PM

I worked there in my early 20's. To say it's VERY haunted is STILL an understatement.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#5 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:56 AM

The Queen Mary is one of the most haunted sites -  As a matter of fact, they now offer Ghost Tours in addition to the regular tours.

The energy and the sorrow at The Queen Mary is overwhelming. I find it difficult to even be on the property...same as I did at Gettysburg.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:05 PM

What is so sorrowful about the Queen Mary?  
petunia4998

#7 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:21 PM

You wouldn't think an elegant thing like that would be sad...but that link did say that nearly 50 people have died on it( I'm in agreement with the writer of that site about how the lifeguards in the pool must have been *lousy* at their job), and since it spent time as a military vessel for awhile...I've always heard that just about anything military absorbs major negative energy...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#8 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:23 PM

I think going to war and having the idea in your head that you may not come back alive or worring about u-boat attacks could throw off lots of energy and vibes.theres a ghost that has been spoted of a sad boy that drowned next to the pool too

#9 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for telling me.  I really had had no idea of its history.  I knew the pool area was very haunted but I didn't know why.  
petunia4998

#10 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:49 PM

we all learn new things here.

heres some pics
http://www.ghoststud...enmary1011.html

#11 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:54 PM

The Queen was also involved in a major accident returning from a trip during WWII as a hospital ship. A number of lives were lost when the Queen cut across the bow of a ship causing a number of deaths.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:16 AM

They filmed some scenes for the new Leonard DiCaprio movie, The Aviator, on the Queen Mary recently (I know because they kept mentioning it on Entertainment Tonight).  It would be very interesting to hear of any experiences the film crew and/or cast members in that scene may or may not have had.  Including electrical problems (since I understand that in many haunted locations, failures of electrical equipment are common).

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:16 AM

most defintly read bout it has sent me all cold ...

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:36 PM

Peter James, the renowned parapsychologist, claims there could be as many as 600 entities on this ship.

#15 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:19 PM

Peter James did an investigation there as part of the TV program "Sightings".Amongst the spirits he encountered,was one very BAD_WORD spirit in the boiler room.I think he said that the spirit had died by drowning during the afore mentioned crash,when the room filled with water and he was trapped by the water tight bulkhead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users