• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:47 PM

they did show one ship that actually went down when one of these bubbles hit and the ship sunk in like 5 seconds it was incredible......i dont think that many people would ever see that let alone get it on video......

back to flight 19 and the medical condition talk, they said that the lead pilot i guess that you can call him actually started suffering from some sort of flight "condition" some sort of hysteria based type thing i dont really know how to explain it or what you would call it, never actually flown before neither so it doesnt help.......but maybe thats one explanation and also we know that the planes were very low on fuel at that point, and it is very easy to get lost at that time due to crappy navigation and no landmarks in bad weather so most of that flight i guess could be explained.......but of the others maybe we are to quick to attach to one idea and the next one that comes along.....but until they find the planes and ships which in that size of an area, is probably going to be never i dont think that we will ever know what happened to them everything will just be a theroy till then......

:drink2: :angry: :Wall: :drink2: :drink2: :drink2: :angry: :drink2:
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#32 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:02 PM

Does anyone know where methane comes from? In case you were AWOL during class, methane comes from volcanoes and decaying biomass. As some keen eyed person observed, the Caribbean is no hot bed of volcanic activity. If I were to look for a methane bubble it would be over some large urban landfill.

If I were looking for the perfect place tp find a volcanic bubble, it would be in the area of Sumatra, Java, Indonesia. Oh, did I not mention anyplace in the Bermuda Triangle?
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#33 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:09 PM

Actually, there is a deposit of methane hydrate in that region. However, there are deposits located in other areas of the world as well, which are heavy shipping lanes, and you don't hear of ships or planes disappearing in them.

Methane is a product of volcanic activity, decaying vegetation, and decaying sea life. If you consider how long there has been life in the oceans, it could very well account for there being a methane deposit there. It's not necessarily that we were AWOL during class, we just remembered the fact that the build of decaying material took place over many thousands of years, thus allowing a substantial build up, not the few years it takes in a landfill. :)

If you compare the area marked out as the triangle in this map Here with this map Here showing where there are known deposits of methane hydrate, you will see that there is indeed methane in that region.

Personally, I don't think that methane is the culprit. If it was, I would think that you would hear more incidents over volcanic activity areas, as the methane would release quicker. I don't know what is causing the disappearances, if there is anything at all outside of human error. It will be interesting to see what other theories they come up with.
Posted Image

#34 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:38 PM

Justa, sorry for being insulting. Sometimes I become impatient with people. They get ahold of a magic wand like the word "methane", and then they run with it. Most methane released into the air comes from cows and landfill sites.

I don't pretend to be the great expert about everything, but if I don't mistake, almost all of the sites marked are volcanically generated. Before I could buy into this theory someone would have to show me that these sites are actually venting.

What is more, there are a lot of people reporting strange activity from the triangle and beyond that is very strange and does not seem to involve methane gas. Typical are linear cloudbanks at ground level, and electromagnetic oddities.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#35 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:45 AM

I think it's an old gateway that aliens used (maybe still use!)
Posted Image

#36 Phantom8

Phantom8

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:53 PM

Maybe the aliens run their ships on methane - lol

Sorry Markway couldn't resist!

#37 Phantom8

Phantom8

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:59 PM

Could an instability in the earths gravitational forces be at work here?

We are due some sort of shift at the earths core soon! I remember a documentary stating it was beginning or has been for some time.

Phantom8

#38 Phantom8

Phantom8

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:14 PM

Hi Markway,

I read one of your earlier posts in this thread and thought I would let you know the following:

It was written recently in the media, that doctors over here (Britain) were working on the mathematics regarding time travel and have now concluded in theory it is possible!

Phantom8

#39 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:22 PM

Does anyone know where methane comes from?  In case you were AWOL during class, methane comes from volcanoes and decaying biomass.  As some keen eyed person observed, the Caribbean is no hot bed of volcanic activity.  If I were to look for a methane bubble it would be over some large urban landfill.

If I were looking for the perfect place tp find a volcanic bubble, it would be in the area of Sumatra, Java, Indonesia.  Oh, did I not mention anyplace in the Bermuda Triangle?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is large methane depsitis in that region do to decaying biomass...they have sent submarines and other things down there...its proven
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#40 Anarchy_Alternative

Anarchy_Alternative

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:31 PM

OK... I've got a few half-baked ideas.

Theory 1: Flight 19 was actually lost because the leader was new to that squadron and misjudged a few landmarks, like small islands and so on. The 'hysteria' and 'malfunctioning equipment' were caused by him not trusting his equipment coz the landmarks, which he had misjudged, weren't where they were supposed to be and he thought it was his equipment going wrong. If the flight was in fact way off course, then it would have been nearly impossible to find wreckage.

Theory 2: Ships in the old, old days would maybe avoid the area because of hurricane activity, and in the old old old days, coz of piracy.

Theory 3: Lots of storms and hurricanes pop up in that area and that may be why ships went missing. Especially in the old days when there weren't planes to go look for them.

Is it only strange to me that different 'experts' draw different sizes of this triangle based upon what wrecks they are trying to include? I also heard that the amount of missing and wrecked planes and ships are actually no more than normal for the amount of traffic that goes through there.

#41 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:41 AM

Dear Ms. Anarchy,

There have been some wild and strange stories about the Triangle. There have been one or two very well documented accounts in the last five years of VERY prominent aviators flying together over the triangle and having very strange stories to tell. The one I am thinking of put the folks into a white mist with no instruments. They flew by experience and seat of the pants and reached their destination with no hazard, but with time contraction.

Various people have tried to incorporate these incidents into one large theory. The two that I'm thinking of are Ivan T. Sanderson (Vile Vortices), and the author of "Space Time Transients", whose name I don't recall off hand. They would say that the triangle is one of a geometrically situated collection of "gateway" areas.

The best story from the triangle is about a schooner full of folks making some sort of holiday trip. It was accompanied by a companion vessel, and the trip was made in absolutely calm weather. Nevertheless, a mist sprang up close to their destination, and one of the two ships vanished without a trace. What was esp weird to me was that the second vessel was within calling distance of the other and for most of the trip could hear the dancing and music from it's sister vessel. if anyone needs it I'll go back to my library and get the details. JM
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#42 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:45 AM

Yes, Markway, it is the sudden Mist formation, that is really unexplainable. I have read a lot of Triangle accounts, and everythings says about the mist.

And Ms.Anarchy, it is not the "olden" days accounts, but relatively new ones, where our "modern" day equipments were already available.
Posted Image

#43 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:31 PM

MoonChild,

Have you heard anything recent about the Tasman sea? The last that I heard this was THE hot area. There have been reports of sharks that sound a lot like Megalodons, and several sightings of that giant 40 ft crocodilian in the area as well. I read about the animals in Heuvelmans' book.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#44 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:40 PM

Yes, Markway, I have come across that information. I guess I told about this to a friend, and he kinda ridiculed me :lol: I read somewhere Megalodons was still swimming in the oceans, and were restrcited to a certain area because of the conditions they could survive.
Posted Image

#45 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:35 PM

i dont think it was some portal into another dimension..ok...i have an idea about the airplanes...i have actually learned this during my training...when an airplane is in flight(i might have tried making this point already) the fuselage rubbing against the air would cause static...now these airplanes were brand new, all brand new equipment and evreything, but it was all electronic! if the static discharge wires (if they even had any) at the wings didnt discharge as they should have normally done, which happens, the shock goes through all electrical systems in the airplane...causing a malfunction of the instruments, inluding the compass, due to an electromagnetic charge. This could cause the pilot to panic, which is called flight hysteria, and thats when things go downhill...
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users