Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

The Bermuda Triangle

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#46 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:30 PM

i dont think it was some portal into another dimension..ok...i have an idea about the airplanes...i have actually learned this during my training...when an airplane is in flight(i might have tried making this point already) the fuselage rubbing against the air would cause static...now these airplanes were brand new, all brand new equipment and evreything, but it was all electronic! if the static discharge wires (if they even had any) at the wings didnt discharge as they should have normally done, which happens, the shock goes through all electrical systems in the airplane...causing a malfunction of the instruments, inluding the compass, due to an electromagnetic charge. This could cause the pilot to panic, which is called flight hysteria, and thats when things go downhill...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is good thinking, but doesn't explain the ships, or the dead straight ocean level clouds that defy radar.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#47 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:04 PM

What exactly are dead level ocean clouds that defy radar? It probably has something to do with the climate. Do you mean the clouds are straight and level? Has anyone actually ever recorded or officially reported on these clouds?
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#48 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

What exactly are dead level ocean clouds that defy radar? It probably has something to do with the climate. Do you mean the clouds are straight and level? Has anyone actually ever recorded or officially reported on these clouds?

What are they? If I knew it wouldn't be a mystery. These clouds are encountered at sea level flush with the surface of the ocean. Their face is flat and regular, height very high, but not measured. They show up in official reports, but few feel inclined to enter and explore.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#49 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:56 AM

Even the water in those area is said to be foamy (cloudy).
Posted Image

#50 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:28 AM

im sure that there is some logical explanation for the sudden mist.....they will figure it out in due time as for the whole bermuda triangle thing you have to realize that the people in general would rather jump to conclusions of ghosts, paranormal activity, large crocidlies and any other mystical ror magical phenomenom that there is than a scientific one.....we are much more amused at the prospect of something unexplanable than explanable.......that is just like the news, we would rather watch something of carnage and evil than something that is peaeful and everyday........myself included i would rather see something of interest.......even as me and my brother drove from my fathers house last night we saw a car that was slightly askew parked in a parking lot so we turned around and went to see if we could help. Upon getting to the car, we saw that the car was stuck on the raiload tracks and looked for the driver. Asking her if she needed help, (obvious she did) we looked for a tow rope to yank the car off the tracks, not finding one my brother went to my fathers to see if he coud find one......once he got back there was a cop there and he said he would call a tow truck so i called my brother and told him to come back and we left as we could be of no help without a tow rope, driving back me and my brother talked about and it and sad to say we both agreed that it would be much funnier if a train came by and smashed the car.......but that is the point.....we would rather somethiing "interesting" than something plain
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#51 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

im sure that there is some logical explanation for the sudden mist.....they will figure it out in due time as for the whole bermuda triangle thing you have to realize that the people in general would rather jump to conclusions of ghosts, paranormal activity, large crocidlies and any other mystical ror magical phenomenom that there is than a scientific one.....we are much more amused at the prospect of something unexplanable than explanable.......that is just like the news, we would rather watch something of carnage and evil than something that is peaeful and everyday........myself included i would rather see something of interest.......even as me and my brother drove from my fathers house last night we saw a car that was slightly askew parked in a parking lot so we turned around and went to see if we could help. Upon getting to the car, we saw that the car was stuck on the raiload tracks and looked for the driver. Asking her if she needed help, (obvious she did) we looked for a tow rope to yank the car off the tracks, not finding one my brother went to my fathers to see if he coud find one......once he got back there was a cop there and he said he would call a tow truck so i called my brother and told him to come back and we left as we could be of no help without a tow rope, driving back me and my brother talked about and it and sad to say we both agreed that it would be much funnier if a train came by and smashed the car.......but that is the point.....we would rather somethiing "interesting" than something plain

There are differences between logical explanations, a scientific explanation, and perhaps, the truth. I could give you a logical explanation right now. "They were all drunk". Anyone who has seen these clouds has been drunk. THAT was easy. Okay, "scientific", hmm, a little harder. Methane bubbles popped on the ocean floor. When they came into contact with the ocean air is created a denser cloud than normal with electrostatic properties. How was that? The truth, harder yet. How about this?

Our knowledge is imperfect. There is a here-to-for undescribed natural phenomena taking place at regular geographic intervals around the planet, caused by unpredicted variations in the earth's magnetic field. These variations create changes in electromagnetic resonance. These changes play havoc with natural phenomenon, and occaisionally creates a synchronicity between the state of this universe and one adjacent to it allowing travel for brief periods of time. Is this "true"? Maybe or maybe not. It's hard to study tornadoes even though they are an accepted phenomena. Did you know that tornadoes create "impossible" phenomena? Observers in the eye of a tornado or hurricane have reported pink lightning and strange ball lightning occuring there. Following tornadoes and hurricanes, strange things are left to puzzle scientists for 5 seconds before they dismiss them. I'll give you two examples; a straw pushed clean through a telephone pole. ("Pushed?"), and a spare tire appearing around a trees base, impossible to place over the trees spreading branches. (No small tree this!) These are deviations from natural law caused by accepted natural phenomena. They appear to suggest that under certain circumstances "natural laws", can be abridged.

Edited by Markway, 26 December 2005 - 04:17 PM.

This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#52 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:27 AM

you said that the tire around the tree and the straw pushed through the pole is natural phenomenon, most people would consider that pretty unnatural, atleast to me it is. i do not think that is really accepted. I think that things like the lightning and the balls in the eye have baffled most scientist for awhile, and some still do. I am not that well versed in science, but my meterology teacher was of course facinating with things like that and still is, he did not spend 5 minutes and give up after that just because it made no sense to him. I think that you underestimate most of them, after all without the hard work of the scientists many of our technologies would not exist or atleast not as of yet they would.... without their tiresome efforts, we would not be able to predict many of our natural phenomenons as well as we do and so on and so forth.

The more that we advance, the more light i am sure will be shed on the bermuda triiangle and more of the places that draw our attention as unexplained.......
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#53 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

Please, I am not the guy to denigrate science. I love my wife, but that doesn' t make her perfect. What goes on in the triangle may not be supernatural, almost certainly isn't, but that doesn't mean that current physics explains what's going on.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#54 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:11 PM

If you go around, saying you would rather believe that there is passages into another dimension without concrete proof, you get called nuts, crazy, a looney (etc.) i dont really care what people think about me, but we cant just assume that its paranormal because it would make it more interesting...people refer to ghost hunting as a sort of scientific invstigation, but this mentality makes it sound like we are a bunch of nutters running arond in cemeteries taking pictures of thin air, getting the ocasional pollen or dst particle, and sayign "OOOOHH, AN ASTRAL BEING!!!!"....no...im sorry...i dont agree with the theory that we should be more interested only if its interesting...isnt half the fun figurig ou whether its natural or paranormal?
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#55 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

One of the problems we have is separating fact from fiction. There are a lot of stories involved that have been created from the facts but is now ficionalized to make it even more interesting than it originally was.

Once a story is told over and over and expanded it is sometimes hard to decipher the original facts.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#56 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

I became involved in the paranormal because "normal science" was full of lies. I didn't get into the paranormal to foster that sort of crap there too.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#57 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

dont get me wrong, i am very interested in the paranormal and i dont think that many of us go around snapping pictures of nothing and turn it into something that it isnt, well some do but not all of us. I am in no way calling anyway looney or any other name because then i would have to call myself that as well. But the basis of that post was that if it was not interesting in some way to each of us, would anyone really be that taken by it. The paranormal, the spirit world, the great beyond, e.t.c, whatever you like to call it, holds some kind of interest to each of us. The quest for truth, the attempt to make a discovery, the pure science.......whatever it is......i hope that is a little more clear on what i was trying to say.......dont take offense to it.......

:)

:hug:

#58 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:46 AM

I grok. Human invention is a problem. Why should an average citizen be more coldly observant than a trained observer? The only asset that an untrained observer posesses is a lack of bias. If that is absent, well, you get the picture.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#59 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:12 AM

Ok , sometimes I wonder why I reply to these posts when I have no real information to add, only speculation. lol

From my experience in GV you are some of the more honest people I have met. You always want to know why and then put the explainable in front of the paranormal. You don't even consider anyting until you can't logically explain it. My hat is off to you. But still we have the problem of deciphering the true facts from the fiction.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#60 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

Please steer this conversation back to the topic at hand, ie The Bermuda Triangle. There are other threads available in GV for discussion on the merits of science and paranormal. If you wish to discuss whether you believe the Triangle is paranormal or what exactly causes the phenomena that are experienced there, that is fine. If you are going to generalize about all paranormal and science, then please find the appropriate thread.

Thankyou.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users