The Bermuda Triangle

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:12 AM

Sorry Justa, I was refering to the Triangle, though I didn't mention it directly. The facts and fictions of it are hard to decipher. It is hard to come to a logical conclusion when something has been so fictionalized.

That was my only point.
Dave
I'll try to do better in the future. Me Bad.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#62 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:40 AM

It's ok Dave. It's not really an issue. I was just trying to prevent it from going off on a tangent. I have seen it happen before and thought I better step in now before it gets too far away from the central topic, and I have to do some serious post ammending. :blush:
Posted Image

#63 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

The Bermuda Triangle has always held a special fasination for me. I read about it as a kid and everytime there is some sort of special on about it I watch. I've heard all kinds of speculation but no real hard evidence.

Lets start a non-profit and go down and do our own investigation. lol

There are supposed to be seven (that is from memory could be wrong) spots like that on earth. Markway probably knows the number. It has been said on this post there are probably more types of traffic going through the Bermuda Triangle than the other areas that is why it is the most well known.

I like the theory that that is where Atlantis used to be. This would make a lot of sense as to why the pyramids in Egyt and South and Central America are so similar. This may or may not explain the weird forces of the area, supposedly the Atlantians had great powers. Of course that is only speculation just like everything else about it.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#64 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:11 AM

Hey has anyone heard about the theory of Methane Gas deposits in the triangle causing the disaperances?
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#65 chindalawry

chindalawry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:17 PM

I also heard that the Navy destroyed a RDF finder that could have found the

planes in 5 minutes.The two sailors who built it jerry rigged it out of

old parts. The navy destroyed it becuase it worked better than

the one that they spent thousnads of dollars on

#66 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

now that would be a concept if they destroyed something that could end the mystery of where flight 19 lays. That would probably put to rest a lot of the myths about the flight and what really happened in the bermuda triangle that stormy night. It does sound like they were the fools to follow the fool off the cliff if you are farmiliar with the analogy. They followed him that night farther and farther from land and finally had to ditch in the water due to the low fuel that they had. But i think that it is just coincindence that that flight landed in the bermuda triangle. The others though, god only knows what happened. It seems very plausible that the methane gas could be to blame for the disappearence on this, but it could be paranormal.,

I second the non profit idea to go there and check it out for ourselves. I need a vacation anyways. I still think that they need to check the ocean floor much better. The wreckage of the ships and planes would play an important key in figuring out what happened to a lot of them. I think that without the wreckages, most of it is still held to assumption and you know what they say about assuming..............
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#67 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:51 AM

I was in the military most of my life. I'll tell you right now if you think the navy destroyed something because it was better than what they had paid for you are sadly mistaken.

This is where I get the premise that The Bermuda Triangle is based more on fiction than fact. People hear half baked tales and then take them to the extreme. If the navy, had an answer to the triangle, they may not publish it but they want to know as bad as anyone else. after all a lot of their ships travel through there.

Markway is right when he says methane wouldn't affect the instruments. There is some sort of magnetic abnomaly that occurs. This can disrupt instruments and communications. Methane can't explain the communication problems. The abnomaly can be either natural or super natural depending on where your thinking is.

The strangest thing about the triangle in my mind is the lack of evidence for the ships that are supposed to have gone down in it. Where are they?

#68 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

I feel obligated to mention pirates. There are high sea pirates. Even a paranormal advocate and freak like myself can't believe in weather, dimensional. doorways as being the source of all of the disappearrances.

I don't think that Jack Sparrow and "The Black Pearl" are hovering out there. On the other hand there are real pirates out on the high seas.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#69 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:35 AM

I agree Mark, we need to eliminate all the natural stuff from the unknown and unexplainable. Only then will we have a good starting point.

#70 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

Thanks Dave,

That was supposed to be the topic of my immortal, terminally unfinished book.

I've been boneing up on the Bermuda Triangle material. Sanderson and his "Vile Vortices", suggested 6 major geomagnetic anomalistic sites.........................I have to apologise. I have a horrible memory for names. Now that I take these pain meds I can't even remember correct spelling. Names and dates are very important for any scientific discussion. There's another gentleman who presupposes more locations in his "Space Time Transients".

I have a HUGE library. Given time I can usually find what I'm looking for, but some things hang in limbo. Right now I'm writing a letter to Brad Steiger, hoping that he remembers a reference that I've lost.

At any rate, I wanted to add that the Navy did a secret underwater search for flight 19 with no result. The Bermuda Triangle crap blends in well with mysterious disappearrances all over the place. For example, during the Korean War, British Wing Commander J.Baldwin, flew into a cloud in front of his squadron, and never came out. Children have disappearred in front of their parents on trails in Tennessee, and upstate Vermont. Then there's the classic case at Sulva bay during WWI when the One Fourth Norfolk regiment, some 800 men, marched into a low brown cloud and never came out of the other side.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#71 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:48 PM

I can relate to the memory problems, I don't take meds and have enough of my own problems recalling things.

I for one would encourage you to finish that book. Once all the hype about the triangle is stripped away it would be nice to see what the true facts concerning it is. Have you ever been in it? I have not. We skirted around the edge of it on a mission I was on once but we didn't fly through it. I would love to go down and investigate personally.

One of the books I am writing concerns the triangle but it is a fiction book about the return of Atlantis so it won't help us discover the secrets.

#72 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:13 AM

That was supposed to be the topic of my immortal, terminally unfinished book.
I've been boneing up on the Bermuda Triangle material.

How about writing a cool screenplay that has one or more people investigating the mystery of the 'Bermuda Triangle' theories? Better yet, a dramatic series that allows your characters the time to debunk all of the false theories and suggest some new ones, like your theory about pirates.

It could be called the 'B Files' maybe? :-D Just kidding about the name, but it would be nice to have a decent adventure film or series that has rational dialogue and valid facts.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#73 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:40 AM

The History Channel (which by the way is biased) did a pretty good job of covering flight 19. I've seen other specials on the triangle and even a movie or two.

The biggest problem is there is no hard evidence just speculation.

To support Marks pirate stories there was a couple who were sailing through the triangle who disappeared without a trace, their boat was discovered later in Cuba with a new paint job and a new name. The couple is still missing. That was on the news a few years back, I don't remember all the details.

#74 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

My son was driving me crazy, (his stated aim in life recently), or I would have added more to the pirate post.

Once you are beyond the claimed continental shelf areas, you're on your own. Technically, the area is governed by international law, but have you ever heard of the "International Law Police Force?". Neither have I. Anyone who wants to do a web search will find a fair amount of material I am certain, since I, the computer dunce, have read several magazine articles on the subject.

The Carribean offers a very tempting environment for pirates. Thousands, maybe tens of thousands of pleasure craft, most with wealthy occupants. There are also the proverbial drug runs, and cigar runs, and people runs; all hot money targets.

So okay, there's opportunity and motive, the US Coast Guard, conflict with the Cubans, Costa Ricans etc., creating an overlap, shadow areas, as well as holes in policing the area. Now there's the whole triangle business, to add to the equation, to further complicate matters.

(By the by, one of the big questions has been; if there are pirates acting in the Carribean, are they organized and do they have a base?)

I am pretty sure that there is a very odd natural phenomenon taking place in the "Bermuda Triangle", but for study purposes, the area in the Tasman sea is my favorite, although we don't get the news here in the states.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#75 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:51 AM

Maybe, Markway, If someone could interview a Piriart then they may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Supose they do exist and are organised, then they may have records or eviedence that would prove to be helpfull.

:ghost: :ghost: :vampire:
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users