The Bermuda Triangle

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#76 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:19 PM

I haven't been all the way through it yet but this site seems pretty interesting.
http://www.bstar.net/bermudatriangle/
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#77 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:53 PM

Here is another site trying to dipell the myths. http://www.bermuda-t....org/index.html
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#78 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:59 PM

hi again guys...just renewing this post a little for all the newcomers out there...
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#79 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:22 AM

I've done some refreshing of my memory and added new things. lol
The two links I posted have some pretty good info. I'd forgotten about the Sargossa sea. Which is partially in the triangle. The links talk about the myths of Atlantis and aliens but only tell of them it doesn't side with anything. The last one was really trying to get down to just the facts.

#80 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

It's usually unwise to theorize from a lack of data. Of course disappearances almost define that sort of situation.

There isn't a lot to go on other than eyewitness testimony and statistical abnormalities. Thses are enough to suggest an abberration, but not enough to come close to proof. It comes to me though that there are one or two cases at sea where the crew was killed at sea under very strange circumstances, but were able to call for help before they died. Rescue teams showed up but all were dead. I'll see if I can sniff them out.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#81 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:14 AM

i just want to add something really quick, i am not sure who posted it , but methane does affect the plane's instruments. They showed it not only in the flight 19 show, but also on some flight simulators and a couple of other shows.

As for pirates, well there are still pirates of the waters i guess you could say, where there are thieves, there are pirates........
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#82 FLYINGDUTCHMAN33

FLYINGDUTCHMAN33

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:51 AM

[quote name='cooolchick647' date='Feb 9 2006, 11:14 AM' post='287881']
i just want to add something really quick, i am not sure who posted it , but methane does affect the plane's instruments. They showed it not only in the flight 19 show, but also on some flight simulators and a couple of other shows.

As for pirates, well there are still pirates of the waters i guess you could say, where there are thieves, there are pirates........
[/quoteJust 2 WORDS................BRUCE GERNON....The Man Who Lived Through A Time Warp........CHECK HIS STORY OUT...........
www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/bruce_gernon.html

#83 MoonStone

MoonStone

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

Dear Holly,
I happen to live off the coast of the Bermuda Triangle, in Florida. I haven't studied the matter much, but I always found it to be interesting and spooky. Swimming in it scares me also. I am now afraid to go into the ocean, because I get "bad-vibes". Personally, if I were to try to come up w/ an explanation for it- I'd say, maybe it had to do with Atlantis, because of all the energy associated with it; combined with a portal situation, the earth's magnetic-fields, and possibly the root of everything comes from some other dimension deep down in the center of the earth, from which everything sprouts from...not to scare anyone, but- possibly it is "hell"...who really knows, though.. :headbang:

#84 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

don't know what i really think of the triangle but there is a show on the discovery channel called myth busters... anyways after their myth busting was done they came to the conclusion that there is some sort of phemonenon in the water over there (can't remember what), that is causing pockets of methane gas to rise to the sruface. when these "bubbles" pop it causes an imbalance in the ship, causing it to sink. that is just a "scientifitc" approach. i'm thinking that it is probably a combo of both natural and supernatural factors.
Love life.

#85 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:29 AM

I have heard of the methane theory too, but....................... :wow:
Posted Image

#86 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:21 AM

don't know what i really think of the triangle but there is a show on the discovery channel called myth busters... anyways after their myth busting was done they came to the conclusion that there is some sort of phemonenon in the water over there (can't remember what), that is causing pockets of methane gas to rise to the sruface. when these "bubbles" pop it causes an imbalance in the ship, causing it to sink. that is just a "scientifitc" approach. i'm thinking that it is probably a combo of both natural and supernatural factors.

I'd like to advance a theory that there are huge pods of flesh-eating sea cows living deep beneath the ocean. They only surface to feast off those unlucky enough to fall into their clutches. The methane gas... well that's just the 'off-gas' of all of those cows' you-know-what. Anyone who's been to a dairy farm barn understands what I mean by cow 'off-gas'.

Flesh-eating sea cows... the truth is now out there.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#87 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:45 PM

I guess we have a new theory to work with now. lol

#88 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:10 AM

What amazes me is why with all these advanced satellite trcking systems and surveilance, we are not yet able to solve this issue?! :clap:
Posted Image

#89 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:06 AM

If technology was as good as we thought it was we would no longer be questioning things like ghosts. We would know. lol

As far as the Bermuda Triangle is concerned there are worse places, just not as much traffic goes through those so less disapearances.

Methane would affect the bouyancy of a ship and the flight characteristics of a plane. Methane could cause mental confusion and disorientation. It could affect an altimeter, but I don't think it could explain the magnetic anomalies which are usually reported along with it unless some somt of metallic substance is being released with the gas.

Some of the ships which have disapeared are quite large, could you imagine the size of a methane bubble which would displace enough water to sink a 500 foot ship? I seem to remember reports of the water being extremely placid (no reports of bubbles) from the few survivors.

http://healthandener...ane_hydrate.htm

#90 orb-energy

orb-energy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Any thing paranormal, reptiles, and cars.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

I sure have learned alot about the bermuda triangle by reading these posts
To know the character of a community, I need only visit its cemeteries. -Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users