#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:54 PM

Posted Image

Dear Ghostvillagers,

It's with a heavy heart that I need to report that one of our own has passed on. Dave Gotcher, better known to us all as Mykiedave, passed away on Sunday, June 12th from complications related to diabetes.

Please watch tomorrow's newsletter and this thread for more on this great guy. Dave was a storyteller, a writer, an entertainer, and a man who knew magic was real. He will be missed, but I know if there's an Internet connection in the afterlife, he'll be checking in on us and smiling.

Please join me in supporting Mykiedave's wife, and your fellow Ghostvillager, Holly. She needs our thoughts, prayers, and good energy sent her way right now.

If you'd like to share your own Mykiedave story, please feel free to add to this thread. I'll be adding my own story tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you, Mykiedave for being a Ghostvillager and a friend. And I know I speak for more than 8,000 Ghostvillagers when I say we're here for you, Holly.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:59 PM

I have no words to say now that we have lost one of the best storytellers I have ever had the honor to know. Mykiedave was an incredible person, full of humor, warmth, love, and most of all, laughter. He could tell a story, throught the Internet, like I've never seen.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Holly as well as his family. He will be missed here around the village quite a bit as he has been a key figure on the message boards.

I spoke with Holly this afternoon and she is devastated. Please send some prayers and support her way. Her email address is: hollyzgrace@hotmail.com - if you would like her address to send her a card, send me a PM. I will also make sure that she sees a copy of this thread.

Mykiedave, I'll miss you!

#3 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

One of Mykiedave's very first posts:

Hi There,

I was born and pretty much raised on the West Coast. Primarily California, mostly Los Angeles area, but I have traveled alot in my wild mis-spent youth  : My first experience happened when I was about five years old. We had just moved back to Ca from Florida (Navy Dad) and had passed thru Texas to get here. We stopped to visit my Father's Family. This was the last time I ever really saw my Grandfather in the flesh.

We had moved into our new house and my brother and I had bunk beds. I was in the top bunk as I was older, and my brother was (and still IS) a world class clutz. I dreamt one night that I had rolled out of bed and started to fall to the hard wood floor when a man caught me. He was solid and warm and smelled like cherry tobacco. He had on a denim shirt and jeans. He held me close to his chest and just said,"Eeeeeasy there." and laughed as he laid me on the floor. He tussled my hair and then just seemed to fade from view. The next morning my Mother found me asleep on the floor. When she asked me how I got down there I told her about falling and the man who caught me. She just assumed it was a dream. A few days later my Dad had to leave. This was nothing new (Navy Dad remember?) but my Mother was more sad then regular. When I asked her what was wrong she said my Grandpa (On my dad's side) had died a few days earlier and Dad was going to the funeral. I told her I fealt bad because I couldn't recall what he looked like. We'ld been spending so much time with her Dad that he was my Grandpa mind set. She got a photo of him and I told her that that was the man who caught me when I fell out of bed the other night...of course I'm sure you've guessed it. That was the night he passed away. My Mother thought it best not to tell my Father as he didn't believe in that sort of thing. She was convinced when I told her about the cherry tobacco smell. He smoked a pipe, but never in front of us kids. It was one of the very few secrets I ever kept from my Father. But only because I knew he'ld know the answer one day.

Mykiedave 

#4 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:15 PM

Another picture of Mykiedave from his storytelling website:

Posted Image

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:27 PM

The first and only I time I actually heard Dave was Jeff's first time on Magic Mind radio and Dave called in after me. His voice was just like I thought it would be, just friendly and personable, like him. If I know nothing else about Dave is that he loved(s) Holly more than anything, you can tell in every post he made when he spoke of her.

We'll miss you Dave.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:35 PM

I am really saddened to hear this---he was someone who really added a lot to this place and was very kind. I'm not sure what to really say except this is horrible news. My condolences to Holly.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:08 PM

OMG...I am shocked. I don't know what to say except that Dave will be missed around here. He was a very good spirit and will come back again to this world an even better one. Holly, you are a lucky woman to have had such a kind spirit touch your life and be grateful for every minute the two of you had together. We are here for you and if you need anything, no matter how small or large it may be, you let us know, you have all my best wishes to get through this very difficult time in your life.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

It's really difficult to say much at times like this because simple words just never seem to be enough to express the true sentiment behind them.

My thoughts and prayers are with Holly and the family. Mykiedave will be missed by us all.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:23 PM

My prayers are with you Holly and to your family. He will be missed.
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#10 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:24 PM

I never know what to say at a time like this, but Holly, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#11 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:25 PM

You are in our prayers and thoughts tonight! We are very sorry for your loss! Julie Keller and Dave Mackie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#12 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:34 PM

I did not have the pleasure of getting to know Mykiedave, but my heart goes out to his family. They will be in my prayers.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#13 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:16 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you Holly. Mykie was a great man, a great mod, and he will be missed deeply.
Posted Image

#14 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:17 PM

I am truely at a loss for words. I will miss Dave very much. He brought a bright light to this village of ours. Dave was one of the first people that made me feel welcome on this site and aways had great input on whatever subject was brought up. I am here for you Holly in whatever you may need.

Posted Image
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#15 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:51 PM

Mykie was one of those incredibly gifted people that had the ability to make you cry and laugh in the same breath, atleast this was the affect he had on me. I will miss his wonderful sense of humour, warm personality, and endless amount of knowledge and I feel blessed to have known him.

Holly, you and your family are in my heart and prayers. If there is anything you need, you know we are all here for you.
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users