salem massachusetts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:20 PM

hello there,
this really isn't a haunted locatons question but i wasn't quite sure where to put it. i know we have some GV'ers who live in salem and i thought this might work.
our family's heading out to massachusetts this summer and my parents have promised me that they'll take me to salem since i've been begging to go for the past three summers. what kind of family type activities would you guys reccomend for a mid western family with two teenagers, one of whom has a short attention span? haunted places would be a definite plus, at least for me. otherwise, i'll take anything you would reccomend.

thanks!
much <3,
alsie r.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#2 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:00 AM

Hey Alsie, you may want to talk to Duke of Boogie, he's made a couple of trip and can probably give you the heads up, I can give you a few recomondations but he can do it from a tourist stand point. I live here.

I would say:

The House of Seven Gables.
The Peabody Essex Museum
The Salem Willows
The Pirate Museum
The Old Buring Point Cemetery
The Salem Witch Monuments
The Broad Street Cemetry
The Friendship Replica Ship
The Customs House

I'll see if I can think of anything else, OK. I hope that helped you out a little but like I said, talk to Duke or ask if anyone else has visited, ask from a tourist point of view.

Dodie :ghost:
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users