• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:22 PM

In the house my parents lived in in Denver we had a basement and whenever we were right at the base of the stairs we would feel really weird.  None of our animals would go downstairs either (you'd get clawed if you tried to take a cat down there and the dog would suddenly grow roots).  There were 3 rooms in the basement we would sleep in in the Summer.  2 of them had doors and we'd always close them.  The 3rd was the family room and one of my cousins saw glowing red eyes across the room and ended up spending the rest of the night in the same bed as my sister.  When I was sleeping in the same bed he had been sleeping in I once suddenly got very scared (somehow I acquainted it with Ted Bundy) and I saw shadows moving across the grated window above the bed (it looked out onto a covered porch).  Whenever we'd go up the stairs we always had to have the light on (never, ever go up those stairs in the dark--NEVER!).  It always felt like something was there.

My sister and I asked the neighbors if they knew of anything weird happening in our house and they just said:  6 boys (the family that lived there before us had 6 sons and a daughter).

One of my college roommates slept in one of the bedrooms down there one night and she made me walk around the perimeter with incense and a Bible reciting the Lord's prayer before she would stay down there.

Ericka

#2 dntueva

dntueva

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:49 PM

Hi everyone

Ericka,
That sounds just like the basement that I had when I lived in Indiana. You would go down stairs and there were 3 rooms and a  main room 1 lightbulb hung from the middle of the main room. There I always felt as if someone was down there watching me.  There were the old Mason jars with red meat in them. We never found out what was in the jars.  When we had to get oil in the furnace, the oil man would never want to go down there, and my mom would make me go down there with him.
I hated that feeling of being watched all the time .
Once in the middle of the night I heard the sink in the bathroom come on, and stay on all night, there was no way I was getting up to turn it off.

That place gave me the creeps big time!!

Oh and Welcome to the village!

Michael

Posted ImageIt Always Pays To Pay Attention

#3 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:21 AM

Hi again Ericka,
So you had to bless the room before she would stay, I tell you what if I had that kind of feeling when staying at someones house I woulda went to find motel 6.
And please forgive my manners. Welcome to the village, we are glad you decided to join our family. I have enjoyed the post you have made so far and hope to see many more.

Michael,
That kinda creeps me out just thinking about it, red meat in jars, I really wouldnt want to know any more about it, maybe the oil man knew more than he was letting on. ROFLMAO.  :)
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#4 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 06:30 AM

I thought the ceremony was a little overboard (after all, if you close the door, whatever it is doesn't seem to be able to see you or even come into the room).  It's weird because if you're in the room with door open at night you definitely feel like something is watching you from the door.

The scariest thing that happened down there to me had nothing to do with the presence.  One night I was making my way to the stairs to go get a glass of water from the kitchen upstairs.  Because the light switch is at the stairs I had to get there before I could turn it on so it was pitch black and just as my hand reached for the lightswitch I felt a hand touch my back.  I screamed bloody murder and then there was another scream.  Turned out that it was my mother doing the same thing and when I screamed it had scared her so she screamed.  The presence definitely pre-dispositioned us to react this way, but it otherwise had nothing to do with it.  We still laugh at scaring each other like that.

Ericka

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 11:42 AM

Ericka,
That is about one of the best ones I have heard yet. I would have loved to seen the looks on your faces when that happened. Now every time you and mom see each other you can think to yourself or outloud, "I thought you were a ghost". ROFLMFAO

Travis
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#6 raventlynn

raventlynn

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 12:45 PM

Hi, everyone!

I am glad I ended up, here. It seems that many experieces are much like mine!
This particular story, sounds, as if there may have been a death in or near the basement! I know you have asked about the family before yours, but what about past families? It is possible that it is something from far back! Many people, in long years past, would, and I know this sounds gross, but, if they were...poor...would say a small prayer and bury their dead in their basements. They didn't have money for a funeral...and we all know how costly they are today...IMAGINE 50 years ago! Don't know if it does any good...wish you could check into it...you may be able to via the net...check into past owners or renters and related deaths...never know????? I would love to know if you find anything!

#7 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 05:50 AM

The family before us was the first in the house--it was built in the early 60s.  I figure either something happened on the land (we were at the base of one of the 3 table mountains to the west of Denver) or the boys in the family before us did something that made the place vulnerable (either purposely, accidently, or unknowingly).  My sister and I did find lots of weird stuff around the house:  old boys' toys, even an army ammo pouch with the ammo still in it.  I would think it was more likely the boys did something.

Ericka

#8 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 10:35 AM

It sounds like your parents house might be around an indian burial site. I would check with the Rosebud Reservation if there were any villages in the area. If so they could tell you how to reseal what was opened.

#9 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:41 PM

It sounds like it might be more the land than the house. People did just bury people where ever they found room in the land to do it years ago. I would love to go into the cellar and see what I feel there. I live in a house now that I can't get my dogs down to the cellar at all. One of them will not even go near the door. The laundry is down there and it is very freaky. There is a small room that was closed off at one point and opened up to run pipes for a bathroom upstairs. I won't even look over there when I go down to do the laundry. It is filled with dirt right now, but i would love to find out what was in there originally. The thing is, it was sealed up with like the foundation. There is two seperate foundations, the lower one is field stone, about 4 feet up it becomes brick. I think there was a prior structure before the house was built in 1897. The cellar is real freaky though, but the freakiness is not kept  to the cellar alone. I do think there might have been bodies  burried in the cellar at one point but it was cemented over in the 1980's and I don't want to dig that up, at least not yet. I know that they have found bodies in cellars in this area, I've had 2 differant historians tell me that. I guess anything is possible. Well it's nice to know there are other people who have the same problems with their houses.
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#10 fuzzyghost

fuzzyghost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 08:09 PM

hi! i've been a member here for just a short time, would like to comment on the haunted basement. i go along with some of these other posts saying that maybe it's possibly the grounds that's haunted, not the house and basement it self. either indian burial grounds or maybe settlers passing through this territory years ago. i guess it could be possible that at one time another house was on this land, maybe you could check into that! just a thought.
                                    fuzzy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users