• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Nightwing

Nightwing

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:43 AM

However, I am compiling (slowly....) various encounters in an effort to put forth my theory....that Bigfoot doesn't exisit in this world the same way you and I do, hence why there has been no captures or bodies found.

(Putting on my sasquatch researcher hat, for a moment..).
I don't think for a moment that this is a "paranormal" subject at all..or that this is somehow different than any other very rare(if it exist..even that question is up in the air still).
The question about a lack of physical evidence is at the core of all of it..and is a good one.
Personaly...I think they are very rare, very intelligent(not human, but not as far off as we may think), and that no bodies have been found just because only a few die every year, and the chance of comming accross one is amazingly remote.
Besides..there IS evidence, in the form of tracks(with dermal ridges), as well as possible photo, video,evidence).
IF it exists at all...it's just rare enough to be unlikely to die in a location that is conducive to finding a body..and smart enough to avoid us for the most part when alive.
Here's a picture I did, of a what a witness locally reported seeing. This was done with the witnesses imput...just thought I would put it up for your enjoyment. It's done using police sketch methods, and seems to be as close as he can get to what he claimed to see.

Posted Image
There are stranger things in Heaven and Earth......

#17 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:48 AM

Like i said to you today nightwing, he desperately needs a facial, and some shampoo wouldnt go astray!! lol...Great pic mate, your talented!

#18 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:17 AM

Hey nightwing...

I guess I should expand a bit on what I mean with my theory. When I say doesn't exist in this world the way you and I do, I mean coming in from either another dimension or from the Otherworld, and when in this world, can leave behind the evidence we do have.

What I need to do is pull up all the Native North American legends that go back to waaaaaaay before the Europeans came, then bring up Native and Europeans encounters after, then bring up similar reports of beings not of this world and try to come up with a viable list of matches.....I'm still drinking my morning coffee so I'm sorry if that's not clear.

In otherwords, when Bigfoot is here, it's as real as you or I, but it doesn't live here. After all, one would think that in the North American areas where sightings have taken place, a body would have been found by now, unexplainable remains, something like that. But nothing has, leading me to the above theory.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#19 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:23 AM

I believe another poster here even made a comment surrounding the possibility that UFO sightings rise suddenly with the sightings of these creatures.

#20 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:27 AM

And granted, it may not fit under the heading of paranormal, as far as what is considered paranormal by those that study it, teach it and what possibly the meaning of the word is, but then you have the psuedo-understanding of what paranormal actually covers, which seems to be- anything strange and unexplainable.

#21 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

I have lived in the middle of the Sasquatch Mythos my whole life. The first Sasquatch caught alive was caught less than thirty miles from where I was born.

It is hard for me to believe that the Bigfoot/Sasquatch phenomenae is solely supernatural in nature. Certain animals seem to be attracted by paranormal activity, please note the wolf, the raven, (anyone remember the black dog?), and other animals associated with the paranormal.

If the Sasquatch is a purely paranormal creature it is hard to explain why reports of it have been universally found in heavy woods, swamps, and isolated areas of the Northern Hemisphere. Recentcomputer work has associated them with cave and lava vent areas, the assumption being made, that the creatures are largely nocturnal, and shelter in the caves and lava vents during the day, a nice explanation for not seeing more of them. By the way, there is supposed to be a new Canadian videotape of one recently filmed by an amateur and sold to a major television network, due to be released sometime this year.

I had occaision to listen to the link containing the "Sasquatch" vocaizations. Some were less than five miles from where I now live. At one time during my career I had to study other primates than man. If those recordings weren't real, someone must have taken them at Stanley Park, or the Woodland Park Zoo. In my opinion they were at the very least, highly reminiscent of generalized primate vocalizations, and aggressive charge and retreat vocalizations in particular. Quite shocking and fascinating.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#22 Nightwing

Nightwing

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:34 AM

Markway..hearing those screams for real, they are even more impressive.
I've been blessed to hear them twice, in a location that supposedly hosts a number of sightings. Does t hat prove what is being heard is a bigfoot? Nope..all I can say is, what I heard was very different then anything I have ever heard, any place else.
There are stranger things in Heaven and Earth......

#23 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:21 AM

Markway..hearing those screams for real, they are even more impressive.
I've been blessed to hear them twice, in a location that supposedly hosts a number of sightings.  Does t hat prove what is being heard is a bigfoot?  Nope..all I can say is, what I heard was very different then anything I  have ever heard, any place else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:hug: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Not as a challenge, but as a question, "have you ever been to a zoo?". I was struck by the similarity of those vocalizations to other primate sounds, frankly what I would expect to hear if the Sasquatch is as it is purported to be, a hominid.

I have had friends followed, almost impossibly, through the brush. I have had the feeling of being watched while hunting far into the deep woods. Just a feeling, but it doesn't come often.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#24 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

The color of reflected light "Yellow/Gold" that you mentioned is one of the top two colors reported of being seen during bigfoot sightings, there is also a large number of people who report seeing RED reflection.  Too bad, it didn't make any sounds, or you could have compared it to those in the link in my message above.  Wind or no wind you would have heard it. 

It sounds like this one will have to be chalked up to the UNKNOWN file, and sometimes those are the creepiest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly why I didn't come out and say it was a sasquatch. I will never know what I encountered that night in the woods. I would like to think that it was reasonably intelligent and if it was a sasquatch it was being purposefully quiet. Even if it knew we could see it.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#25 superd

superd

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:53 PM

Another good bigfoot site is http://www.bigfootencounters.com/
Enjoy and may the Big Guy leave you a 100% DNA piece of hair.
superd :lol:

#26 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

I read the book "Three men seeking monsters" by Nick Redfern, which has a completely different theory explaining Bigfoot, nessie, ect.. According to it, they are creatures called "Cormon"

Supposedly, in ancient times there was a group, called the "Nine". The "Nine" supposedly attempted to use ancient magic to open a gate to another world. The morning after their attempt, they were all found dead, murdered in horribly gruesome ways. After that there was reports of these strange creatures attacking and scaring people.

According to the book these "Cormons" feed off of emotional or psychic engergy, like mental vampires, and only appear, creating strong emotional responses, when they need a "recharge" of psychic/emotional energy.

Whether true or not, it's an interesting theory... And the book itself is a very entertaining and funny read. It has both serious and funny parts, with Mr. Redfern telling his story of spending 6 weeks in the UK searching for different monsters.

-Beau
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#27 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:48 PM

Also, personally, I strongly believe that there is something out in the forests of western WA. Someday I plan on taking a trip to search for evidence of Bigfoot!
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#28 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:00 PM

Also, personally, I strongly believe that there is something out in the forests of western WA.  Someday I plan on taking a trip to search for evidence of Bigfoot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you heard about that wild man out in Northern California? Hr says that he'll have "Bigfoot" by this weekend. He's been on the radio program COAST TO COAST.

In the last week I've heard a rumour of a sasquatch video shot in Canadaa but sold to American T.V. It's supposed to air this year.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#29 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

That video was from a few months back....it was in our news. The video is too grainy to be of any value, and the supposed Sasquatch is to far away (other bank of the river) to be determined as anything. The CBC link is in this board somewhere....

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users