Cryptzoolgy - Bigfoot Encounters

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:02 PM

has anyone had a encounter with bigfoot?

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:55 PM

I've not (Bigfoot and his ilk tend to avoid major urban centres, and I don't recall any reports of such creatures in Ontario, but probably only because I've not really looked into that as yet).

However, I am compiling (slowly....) various encounters in an effort to put forth my theory....that Bigfoot doesn't exisit in this world the same way you and I do, hence why there has been no captures or bodies found.

(oh, and edited your topic title so that it doesn't get confused with the other one you posted.. :weeee: )

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:19 AM

I haven't personally seen a sasquatch, but there is a local story of a man-like creature in the Uinta Mountains. All I finf on him are "friend of a friend" type tales.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 moregon

moregon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:44 PM

I've not (Bigfoot and his ilk tend to avoid major urban centres, and I don't recall any reports of such creatures in Ontario, but probably only because I've not really looked into that as yet).

Here's a start for you...

October 2003 Searchmount Toronto Police Officer while hunting
July 2000 Blind River
June 1998 Sioux Lookout
May 2001 Kilarney
November 1999 Northern Ontario
September 1997 Nipigon
September 1997 St. Catherine
July 1997 Near Sioux Lookout
July 1996 Lindsay
July 1996 Near Sioux Lookout
1994 Temagami
June 1993 Burnstown
June 1987 Graham
September 1986 Kirkland Lake
August 1978 Grimsby

These are some of the Bigfoot sighting reports from Ontario Canada. Further details are available from the BFRO Website.

Ontario Sightings Page

This is only one of many Bigfoot sighting databases available online, but it's also one of the best.

#5 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:40 PM

A sasquatch was apparently captured near Yale B.C. during the Fraser River Gold Rush. It was taken east for display and disappeared from the public record. Articles describing the initial capture appear in the Bellingham Reveille, my home town's first paper.

A friend of the family was Sheriff of Whatcom County Wa. and told of many run ins with the Sasquatch. Doc. saw him at a distance as a child.

I believe that they exist as a living creature,but that they, like wolves etc. seem to be attracted to gateway areas.

The latest, (and most workable theory so far) relates their sighting frequency to the proximity to caves and volcanic vents. The sightings around MT. St. Helens, a real hot spot prior to the eruptions, dwindled to nothing afterwards.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#6 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:10 PM

I had an encounter once while hunting when I lived back in Michigan in the mid-80's. I can't really say it was a sasquatch but it may have been.

Myself and two hunting buddies made camp in the woods near Alger, Michigan. We arrived early and set up our camp. We planned on sleeping under the camper shell in the back of my pickup so I backed the truck up to the campsite with the nose facing toward the two-track. We dug a firepit, set up a few chairs, had the cooler with water and sodas. I hung a couple of propane lanterns in the trees around the camp and we were ready for the opening day of the deer season on the next morning.

As the night came, we started a small fire and was sitting around BSing with the lanterns glowing lightly. I happened to hear a crackle from the underbrush about 30 yards (90 feet) off so I grabbed my portable spot light and aimed the beam in the general direction of the sound. Fram about the same distance as I estimated the sound I saw two large eyes reflecting the beam of the light. The eyes were verty large, maybe the size of silver dollars, if I had to estimate, and were about 7-8 feet from the ground. I couldn't see a body as the underbrush was blocking the lower part of the area.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#7 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:15 PM

After thinking about my previous post for a couple of minutes I recall that there was an unusual absence of game in that area, not even a bird.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#8 moregon

moregon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:31 AM

Axman a couple of questions:

What color did the eyes reflect if any? Yellow, Green, Red, Etc...

You mentioned that the brush concealed the body and you couldn't see it. Were there any limbs that something could have been sitting on, that may have put the eyes at that height?

Any other sounds?
Smells?
Did you hear it move off after seeing the eyes or was it quiet?

Thanks

#9 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

The eyes were yellow/gold and the "creature" would move around as if walking and looking back toward the beam of my light. It wasn't an owl either. That was my first thought. If I had the nerve to approach the eyes, I might have caught a glimpse of the body but it was kinda freaking me and my hunting buddies out.

BTW, the next morning we walked to the spot where we saw the eyes and found the grass (browned from the late autumn) trampled down about 50 feet beyond the bushes and other underbrush I mentioned previously. The earth was a bit cold an hard to leave any footprint impressions. A deer's hooves may have left an impression but if it was a flat footed amimal or "humanoid" creature it wouldn't have left anything. Our boots wouldn't even leave anything.

#10 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:01 AM

Oh, and the wind was blowing slightly so it masked any sounds or odors. I could have been a black bear but bears won't walk on hind legs for more than a minute or two. There are a few in that area but that exact location was void of anything.

#11 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:42 AM

However, I am compiling (slowly....) various encounters in an effort to put forth my theory....that Bigfoot doesn't exisit in this world the same way you and I do, hence why there has been no captures or bodies found. 

(oh, and edited your topic title so that it doesn't get confused with the other one you posted.. :clap: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting Vamp. I understand that that is the native american belief of Sasquatch. Or well Something similar to that. They do beleive that it is a suernatural being, with great powers.

Also if anyone could post a recording of a bigfoot "howl" I'd love to hear it. I've heard them before but I think it would be a great addition to this thread. Plus they always give me chills.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#12 moregon

moregon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:32 PM

Bigfoot Sounds

There's a link to a variety of ALLEGED Bigfoot sounds from the Oregon Bigfoot Site. For anyone on this board living in the State of Oregon, keep your eye on Amber's Board, it's an excellent site.

#13 moregon

moregon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:38 PM

Oh, and the wind was blowing slightly so it masked any sounds or odors. I could have been a black bear but bears won't walk on hind legs for more than a minute or two. There are a few in that area but that exact location was void of anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The color of reflected light "Yellow/Gold" that you mentioned is one of the top two colors reported of being seen during bigfoot sightings, there is also a large number of people who report seeing RED reflection. Too bad, it didn't make any sounds, or you could have compared it to those in the link in my message above. Wind or no wind you would have heard it.

It sounds like this one will have to be chalked up to the UNKNOWN file, and sometimes those are the creepiest.

#14 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:06 PM

Awesome link! Thanks Moregon. I found the Ohio one to be the freakiest. I had my speakers turned up and when that one came one I jumped a little.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#15 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

Wow thats an awesome link to the bigfoot sounds..thankyou!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users