87 replies to this topic

#1 bigdog007

bigdog007

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:13 PM

Hey GV,
   How many of us are actually from CT just wondering.
Im sure weve all got a few sites we've been wanting to see so lets discuss them and maybe organize some expeditions.
THE DRUNKEN CZARS WILL RULE AGAIN

#2 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 28 July 2003 - 08:28 AM

Hey there Bigdog!

You know I am in CT. The group that I am part of does investigations all the time, they just did one on Sat. that I could not make it to.

We go to many of the haunted places in CT, besides just graveyards. Our most recent was an weekend camp out in the Pachaug Forest.

We have another new person night coming up in August.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#3 bigdog007

bigdog007

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:32 AM

Hey Horror
How was the patchaug trip? I havent been there in awhile. I did however take another walk through trinity church yard.
THE DRUNKEN CZARS WILL RULE AGAIN

#4 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:50 AM

Pachaug was very cool, you can read about it under General Discussion - topic Went Camping, something very cool happened while we were out on Breakneck Road.

Trinity Chruch an item on my to do list, we have stopped to take pictures but I need to find the actual church contact to see if we can get permission to do an investigation.

Have you ever been to Fort Griswold in Groton? We go there often, I would have to rate it an 8 on a 1-10 haunted list, you can read up on it's history to see why it is haunted here http://www.revwar.com/ftgriswold/

I want to go back to Pachaug again soon, so far we have investigated Maudes grave, and Breakneck Road.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#5 crazytmacy

crazytmacy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:41 PM

any experiance at norwich state hospital? i've made a few visits, but i would like to do a more official one, im trying to obtain a map of the tunnel system, they get pretty confusing at night. any help?

#6 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

any experiance at norwich state hospital?  i've made a few visits, but i would like to do a more official one, im trying to obtain a map of the tunnel system, they get pretty confusing at night.  any help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doubt you will be able to get in. It's been sold and is going to be turned into some sort of park. Good luck though!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#7 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:41 AM

hey there you now im from conneciicut and always up for a good ghost story been to most sites in connecticut and would love to do a book on the various sites but still collecting information on a lot of them.......lots of hard work........trinity church is definitely a site to visit at night though unfortunately could not find out eho owned the church but did get to travel up there and take some great pics and spend a little while there.....

another great one is CVH cemetery would love to see the tunnels but heard that they were filled in or collapsed or something to that effect......

Green Lady Cemetery and the black hills would be a great trip trying to think of others Dudleytown if you could get in it is closed to the public as most of us know.......

Still looking for Blood Cemetery though
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#8 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:34 AM

The CVH tunnels are still there, but as far as I know, impossible to access. There are a few abandoned buildings left, but they are in such rotten condition I wouldn't set foot in anymore. It really is a shame, they are beautiful!

Blood Cemetery...I haven't been able to find much more on that either!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#9 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:50 AM

Im about 20 minutes from CT. someones going to have to bring me on a tour some time.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#10 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:47 PM

I was able to find a little bit about blood cemetery. Here is what I found.

Putnam - Blood cemetery - It is said that a family with the last name blood lived in Putnam Connecticut. When the youngest a boy had gone mad and killed his family and himself. Now they all reside in the family grave yard. Also a lot of strange and dangerous things have been reported in that whole area near blood cemetery. Witnessed ghost sightings and other strange happenings in that area. you go do not go alone and get permission from the owners before going.

I have not been here but it looks good. Im from Naugautck CT and usually I just go to Gunntown here in town. I have been to Hannah Caranna's and a few others but not here. Hope this helps you
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#11 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:56 AM

Im about 20 minutes from CT. someones going to have to bring me on a tour some time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

youre right up RT 8 then? Youre about 40 minutes from me or so.......

Have you ever been to Spider Gates? I would love to go there one night....maybe we could trade a night in Ct for a night in MA Hahahahaha.....

:hug: :greenbounce: :purplebounce: :redbounce: :brownbounce: :bluebounce: :greenbounce: :) :purplebounce: :redbounce: :brownbounce: :bluebounce: :purplebounce: :bluebounce:
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#12 crazytmacy

crazytmacy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:33 AM

im in college at Albertus Magnus in new haven. i didn't think much of the haunting claims, but i ventured into the hallway at 3:30 am on a week night, a night i knew no one or not many people would be up. My friend and I went to the elevator to head downstairs, got in, and as the door was closing, it stopped halfway as if someone came in. The door would open and close halfway, it did it three times before we got out of the elevator. The elevator went down and up and we could hear it being active for about 5 minutes, and there was no sign of anyone awake on any floor. idk, could have been an elevator malfunction, but it sure was interesting.

#13 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:22 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

youre right up RT 8 then? Youre about 40 minutes from me or so.......

Have you ever been to Spider Gates? I would love to go there one night....maybe we could trade a night in Ct for a night in MA Hahahahaha.....

:yellowbounce: :greenbounce: :purplebounce: :redbounce: :brownbounce: :bluebounce: :greenbounce: :yellowbounce: :purplebounce: :redbounce: :brownbounce: :bluebounce: :purplebounce: :bluebounce:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im near Springfield MA, so im a hop, skip and a jump away from Route 91. And yes, I have ben to spidergates several times. Seems like a fair trade :)
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#14 EcKo

EcKo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:29 PM

Pachaug was very cool, you can read about it under General Discussion - topic Went Camping, something very cool happened while we were out on Breakneck Road.

Trinity Chruch an item on my to do list, we have stopped to take pictures but I need to find the actual church contact to see if we can get permission to do an investigation.

Have you ever been to Fort Griswold in Groton? We go there often, I would have to rate it an 8 on a 1-10 haunted list, you can read up on it's history to see why it is haunted here http://www.revwar.com/ftgriswold/

I want to go back to Pachaug again soon, so far we have investigated Maudes grave, and Breakneck Road.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A few of my friends and I have been doing a study of the Breakneck hill and Maude's grave just recently.I will be posting an in depth account of our findings,and it wasn't pretty.

#15 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:35 PM

how was spider gates i heard that it is a very active haunt......any stories that you have heard......quite interested......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users