7 gates of hell, York PA

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 tthews

tthews

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

ok. im from the harrisburg area. so york isnt that far. and you are telling me, that i cant get together 6 or 7 people, get into an suv drive through and drive through there? and we dont just drive through there. we will have state troopers on speed dial. and you are saying that i cant get through? you must be joking. field of screams sounds more challenging

Edited by earth_spirit, 15 October 2008 - 03:09 PM.

#17 lisan09

lisan09

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

to who it may concern....and who ever reads this on may 2nd (sat) me and 4 of my friends got hand permission letters to go on his property(gates)... when i was in my 20's i went thru the seven gates of hell but only got to the 2nd gate...now im in my 40's and im going there.. it took me 3 days too track the owner down b/c he doesnt even live near there....so if the myth or legend is right i guess i will find out...i even left the hellam police know what was going on.. so they wouldnt have me arrested... b/c the woods r posted...so if any of yous go there w/o permission pay the fine....so after i go thru the woods i will have my own story to tell of the gates ......wish me luck....thanks lisa

#18 grimshawl

grimshawl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:all things paranormal, cemetery photography, odd and forgotten history and locations, fishing, reading, gaming.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

good Luck, sounds interesting, even if its mostly an exagerated legend, it should still be a fun trip. let us know what you find.
Still full of Wonder at the Worlds Workings, looking for some of the ansers and most of the questions. Lost and Found Ohio

#19 lisan09

lisan09

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

well so everyone knows about the 7 gates in hell... i was in them woods for 5 hrs... there r no gates whats so ever... but alot of spirits and aperations i seen i have on pics....so im warrning eveyone the owner does not live near whats so ever....i got permission to go there....from him.... there are trip cameras in woods that we found thats y or whom ever goes in woods w/o permission its not neighbors callin cops they r watchin the grounds big time even on the trail.... u will get arrested trut me.... im takin a trip back over sometime here soon.... i will update again.... what to email me about this go ahead... lakoser05@aol.com........... just becareful if u go there w/o permission u will get caught... thanks lisa

#20 freshmug7

freshmug7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

dude dont waste your money and come over hear to see that it is the biggest waste of time ever the walk is way to long and i have experinced nothing except a 300 dollar fine from the cops for tresspassing so if you really want to come over hear and check something out def go to gettysburg its a much better time then going to lame york pa trust me on this man

JB

#21 lisan09

lisan09

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

to whom it may concern...im gettin aot of emails about the 7 gates... in york..yes me and my team went there w/ permission from owner...we were in them woods for 5 hrs straight... the only gate u see is the first 1.. when u get there thats it.... the hospital that was there is torn down... just abunch of boulders there now and thats pretty far back in the woods.. caught of of stuff on camera just alittle of evp's thats it.... really to me the stories everyone thinks about that place is a hoax now......but theres a history yes,,, it was true back in the day about that place... but as for now its all woods... sry to disapoint u all.... so if u go w/o permission u might get arrested...thanks lisa

#22 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

to whom it may concern...im gettin aot of emails about the 7 gates... in york..yes me and my team went there w/ permission from owner...we were in them woods for 5 hrs straight... the only gate u see is the first 1.. when u get there thats it.... the hospital that was there is torn down... just abunch of boulders there now and thats pretty far back in the woods.. caught of of stuff on camera just alittle of evp's thats it.... really to me the stories everyone thinks about that place is a hoax now......but theres a history yes,,, it was true back in the day about that place... but as for now its all woods... sry to disapoint u all.... so if u go w/o permission u might get arrested...thanks lisa

Sounds like more fantasy than fact. More of an "urban legend" type, in my opinion. Few places will outclass Gettysburg for the paranormal. :P

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

#23 east_york_baller

east_york_baller

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

to answer all your questions-

the gate still stands, but police will come and arrest anybody who stops or enters the woods.

if you past the first gate, you will succumb to a maze of paths made by fallen trees. Its not worth wasting your time walking around in the poison ivy, and chances are the neighbors will see you and call the cops.

Stay out unless u want to go to central booking or get shot by a hillbilly deer-hunter.

**the story**
In the early 1900's Hellam county decided to give government jobs to local farmers suffering from the Great Depression. They built a Mental Hospital in north of the town, near the Codorus Creek. The hospital quickly gained a reputation for housing incorrigible inmates, and there were reports of abuse and demonic prisoners. In 1922 the mental hospital caught fire, and the inmates all died in a massive structure fire.

The specifics of how the hospital caught fire are often unknown, but the local fire company could not respond in time because the hospital was several miles north of town.

In the confusion, some inmates escaped into the dense woods. Local Sherriff's deputies tracked them down and shot them, after letting their dogs maul the prisoners faces off. No prisoner escaped from the seven cattle gates that surronded the compound.

From local reports, we also know that the fire occurred late at night, and that gunshots and intense screaming could be hear over 9 miles south of the Mental Hospital on Market St. in Hellam.

Now only the first gate stands off the side of a dirt road.

***Reports of Hauting***
Toad Road was once a gravel road leading directly to the asylum. After the structure caught fire, some were reported missing after walking back into the woods. Local agencies removed the structure, the gates, and redirected the path in order to confuse and mislead. Some people, however, still managed to wander down toad road, past the consecutive cattle gates leading to the prison.

Nobody knows what happens after the seventh gate, because you enter Hell and never return.

(Disclaimer-do not trespass it is illegal and the neighbors have the police on speed dial.)

If you walk down Toad Road, you will past the First, the Second, and the Third Gates. At night, these gates become illuminated in a glowing red light. If you pass through the Third gate, you will enter a maze that you cannot escape from.

At the Third Gate, you will also paranormal activity such as prisoners hanging in the tree, dead children running and playing games in the woods, and shadows of men in front of the trees.

The Fourth Gate is smoldering in flames, and now you can see and hear the prisoners being burned alive, mauled by German-Sheppards, and demons from Hell.

The Fifth Gate burns late at night, and the path leads leads in an inward spiral into final gates. You are now like a fox running concentrically smaller circles towards its den to avoid hunters. In the center, the Asylum is still burning on the darkest, coldest nights.

The burning asylum is the center, and the highest concentration of paranormal activity. From here, the reality of Earth meets with the Underworld, and the devil himself can look out. The abused and deranged mental patients were the blood sacrifice for this Insane Asylum to become the 7 Gates to Hell.

#24 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:40 AM

Very interesting story. I agree that it would make for a fantastic horror movie. I Googled it and watched a quick video only a few seconds long which showed the first gate. I have to say I didn't see anything but a bunch of trees.

I also decided to take a look at Google satellite maps and I have to say, viewing the entire length of Trout Run Road doesn't show much in way of wooded area enough to isolate any building and accompanying land. The nearest area that even comes close to fitting a description is an anonymous road off of Range Road. 75-85% of Trout Run Road appears to be inhabited or at least not woodsy.

Posted Image

#25 stan876

stan876

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

east york ballers story seems a bit fabricated but it still sounds like a pretty spooky place

#26 Oujia

Oujia

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

I am very interested in going to this place in York, PA. ONly thing Is I don't undestand where the trail is? If you go to the end of Range rd it meets with Trout run Rd. And All I seem to find is a house people live in there off Range rd and right behind the house seems to be a Dirt road that leads to Furnance rd at the end?

Is this Dirt road what contains the 7 gates? Or is there a trail that you go on off this dirt road. And I read that someone said there is a abandoned house? Where? I see nothing on my hybrid map locator and viewer. I would really be interested in talking to someone who has gone as far as the 5th gate. And a more detailed way to find these gates

ANd the biggest question I have is WHY would you not just enter in on this dirt road from Furnance road at the end wouldn't that be smarter that is, IF this road is what has the seven gates.

Brunianthony@yahoo.com or Contact me by phone if your interested send email to get the number.

Tony

#27 katieboo57

katieboo57

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

Hii :) I'm Katie . I just stumbled upon all this trying to find a "7 gates of hell" in Athens, GA. I live about 15 minutes out of athens. I Found all this interesting, and started to do some research myself on the York, PA 7 gates of hell. I ran across a website stating, "November 2005 Update: It was so popular among local teenagers that just recently, the old hospital and the gates were torn down. One gate stands, the first gate, which is highly visible off of Trout Run Rd."

That was from this website - http://www.strangeus...locationid=8806

I seem to understand that no one has made it past the 5th gate, right? Well what exactly would happen if someone were to go thru the 7th? That is, if the gates are still there or not??

#28 StevenMcFlyJr

StevenMcFlyJr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

I live near East York. I have NEVER heard of hte "Seven Gates of Hell" here.

contact me for any info about the area tho at: stevenpenrodjr@aim.com

#29 telltaleh

telltaleh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

I was actually there today but during the day but never at night(my friends have been there at night) but you can only see the 1st gate during the day, and i dont believe anyone has made it past the 5th one. But the story is that there was a mental hospital behind the 7th gate that burned long ago, and the gate kept them in, and they were used to keep others out. So all the people died in the fire. And after each gate at night something is supposed to happen, i know after the 3rd gate your phone goes crazy. and i know people who have found human bones there, and have brought them back so its not just something they said. but its down a gravel road in the woods.

It is good that people don't know that "The Gates of Hell" are made up of not physical stone or brick. There are many counterfeits all over the world, but only 9 Gates (Hence 9 circles of Hell). But like many people have posted even the counterfeits can be dangerous especially on Trout Run. The 9 are spread out on different continents. One of them is without a doubt in Pennsylvania, and there are several counterfeit sites to keep people from finding them. I do have a drawing of one of the actual in Pennsylvania. A description of the color of it when it is seen, what is written on it, and when it appears.

#30 telltaleh

telltaleh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

I was actually there today but during the day but never at night(my friends have been there at night) but you can only see the 1st gate during the day, and i dont believe anyone has made it past the 5th one. But the story is that there was a mental hospital behind the 7th gate that burned long ago, and the gate kept them in, and they were used to keep others out. So all the people died in the fire. And after each gate at night something is supposed to happen, i know after the 3rd gate your phone goes crazy. and i know people who have found human bones there, and have brought them back so its not just something they said. but its down a gravel road in the woods.

It is good that people don't know that "The Gates of Hell" are made up of not physical stone or brick. There are many counterfeits all over the world, but only 9 Gates (Hence 9 circles of Hell). But like many people have posted even the counterfeits can be dangerous especially on Trout Run. The 9 are spread out on different continents. One of them is without a doubt in Pennsylvania, and there are several counterfeit sites to keep people from finding them. I do have a drawing of one of the actual in Pennsylvania. A description of the color of it when it is seen, what is written on it, and when it appears.

I did some research on the counterfeit gates. Some people that actually discover a "tear" or what Christians believe is called a "pit" or an opening to a region without a bottom. They (witches) make physical gates to mark the spot, and some even produce fake spiritual gates (through a version of witchcraft). This is only an assumption, but concerning the seventh gate I believe what is on the other side is literally like a vacuum. Nowhere to grab and pull yourself up back into your body, "mind you, you would be dead at that point". There are many of those all over the world, but again I'm trying to say that there are only 9 real gates and many holes like that off of Trout Run. I will not speak of how and at what time those holes appear. Again it is like playing chicken with Death.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users