Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Our Haunted Welsh Farmhouse

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 28 June 2003 - 07:29 AM

We live in a haunted farmhouse in North Wales, UK. We come to the media's attention from time to time as the most extraordinary things happen here. You name it, we seem to experience it. Appartions, stains/carvings in the form of writing, religious symbols and pictures on the walls, heavy objects move around the place, things go bump in the night and day, weird fluctuations in temperature in the lounge and much, much more. Fortunately none of this is frightening, the house has a lovely atmosphere. the photo attached is of a stain that appeared on the stonework at the top of our staircase in 1999, the subsequent carvings of Welsh words appeared at intervals sometime later.  I believe our home is featured on the Discovery Channel.

#2 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 08:24 AM

Welcome Rose Mary,

that's a very interesting image, do you know what the words say?
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

• Guests

Posted 28 June 2003 - 09:50 AM

The word at the top is IACHAD = HEALING
The word down the centre MYNACH = MONK
The word at the bottom FFYDD = FAITH

As with the stains the carvings weren't there one minute, but there the next! The first carving was MYNACH. A few months later, IACHAD, two weeks after that, FFYDD.  

We also get images on photos that weren't apparent when the photo was taken! This attached image is a grotesque face that appeared in a photo of the window of our barn in 1997

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 28 June 2003 - 11:25 AM

Rose Mary,

Very interesting shots indeed!  I love them!  Do you have any more?  I think that I do remember your house on Discovery but there are so many and my memory is so bad...oh well. ;D

Have you tried to get any evp's from there?  If you have any the evp board would be the place for them.  If you want to try and haven't before, I would be willing to help you as much as I can with it.  I think evp's would be very interesting from that house! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Guests

Posted 28 June 2003 - 11:44 AM

Excuse me being thick, but what are evp's?

#6 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 11:50 AM

EVP stands for electrical voice phenonamom (can't spell and maybe wrong but very close) its the idea  that the tape player can pick up sounds that we can not normally hear.

As to the writing and image, I don't see it as frightening, I feel more of a healing prescense which makes sense with the words translated.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

• Guests

Posted 28 June 2003 - 12:36 PM

Yes we did leave an audio tape running once and appeared to get voices. the tape wasn't very clear, though. I am not sure what happened to it. Maybe our researcher has it. We do get strange voices sometimes. We also have sounds like a baby crying or small children playing in the middle of the night!

One positive thing to come out of all this is my unexpected artistic talent for digital art. I was the most inartistic person on the planet before my 50th birthday 3 years ago. Suddenly I developed this ability and couldn't believe it when my work started to sell! In the early days it was just as if a presence was standing at my right shoulder and a hand was holding my mouse hand as I created my pictures. Funnily enough, although I am left-handed I do my artwork with my right-hand!

My artwork website is  www.y-mynach.co.uk

#8 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 09:02 AM

Just checked out your site and that is some stunning artwork that you have there. :o ;D

JJ. :)

#9 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 07:07 PM

WOW! THAT IS SO COOL!  :o

You're so lucky to live in a house like that...I'm just dying to experience some hauntings, and you seem to be in just the right place!

Hopefully that feature about your home will be back on the Discovery Channel someday!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

• Guests

Posted 30 June 2003 - 11:34 AM

Thanks Justice. I like my artwork to make folk happy and I am pleased to donate bookmarks featuring my artwork to charities or good causes.

#11 vernonw1

vernonw1

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:08 AM

Rose-Mary,

Sounds like you live in quite a fascinating place!  Wish I had seen it on the discovery chanel.

I also believe it sounds like the spirit was quite benevolent and peaceful.

Checked out your site...your wor is quite beautiful.

Welcome to GV...please become a member!
"When you let beauty and peace sink into you, dissension and strife begin to look like sheer insanity. Everything that people make a fuss about seems unimportant " Anne Frank

• Guests

Posted 03 July 2003 - 05:05 AM

Thanks Vernon.

#13 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 03 July 2003 - 05:16 AM

Do you know what the piece that was done on Discovery was titled?  I may have to check out their site and maybe contact to find out if/when it will be on again. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Guests

Posted 03 July 2003 - 07:27 AM

I am afraid that I don't know. We don't have satellite TV ourselves! My husband is a school principal, and only realised that it had been on the Discovery Channel when the kids at his school told him they had seen him on TV! The film was originally made fort he British Foreign Office (goodness knows why they wanted it!) then it was presumably sold to the Discovery Channel.

I have tried to register on this site but so far have not been sent the password?

I would be happy to be in e-mail contact with folk who are genuinely interested in our phenomena.

#15 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 05:36 AM

Thanks Rose Mary for sharing your site with us, the artwork is beautiful  :) Hope you join GV!
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users