Communicating with Spirits

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 AtWill

AtWill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:I've found a profound interest in the supernatural... they've been trying to communicate with me for some time now.<br />Arts &amp; Craft.<br />

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:25 PM

It's a long story made short.

I've always had this thing about -feeling something- all my life, especially now.

I've been living in this apartment for 3 years, and from the beginning, I've felt something was not right or maybe it was... maybe something has been trying to communicate with me and all it could do was showing some signs at random.

First, the lights around the apartment oscillated at different times and used to blow out a few light bulbs every week. I ended up calling for service, they completely changed the electric box -they said I had a bad circuit-. Then, it was the medicine cabinet. It's a three-door cabinet. The right door used to also opened at random. I never paid much attention. I got married and then, I blamed the opening door to my husband. Until one day I confronted him and asked him about it. He thought it was me doing it. Then, we decided to pay more attention. It was constant. We made sure it was not a mechanical issue. We banged the bathroom door and the walls at random. It was not mechanical. We realized we had a friendly, joker-spirit with us. When I was doing my hair or brushing my teeth, it opened his favorite door. Sometimes, I asked it to stop, but didn't pay much attention. Sometimes, my husband asked it, and it did stop. I would be working on the computer and suddenly, I would feel a tug in the back of my hair. Other times, something would blow in the back of my head -not having anyone in my back at that moment-. The prickling and tingling sensation began to increase, also the ringing in the ears when something was close. Not long ago, my husband purchased an old book, believed to be found in a haunted house many years ago. Since then, we've recorded more orbs, but mostly, orbs were coming from the book at night. We began recording during our sleep with a night-vision camera. We recorded voices, from a child to what it seems to be a maid. These orbs or spirits began trying to communicate with me, waking me up in the middle of the night. I would feel a very strong pricking and energetic sensation, as if something goes through my body. Sometimes it's so strong that I would gasp for air when it happens. I never feel threatened by them. I have tried to talk to them before I go to sleep and explain some ways for them to contact me. I would leave a pad and pencil on my side table. I would leave a recorder on, after I ask some questions to them. In the mean time, I have tried to make sense of all these. Something I've wonder if I'm hallucinating or not. My conclusion? I'm not! I was able to test my theory with my 11-year-old son. On occasions, he had fallen asleep with me watching TV, and all of a sudden, he wakes me up with a “they're here, mom”... It creeps me up thinking that at the very same time, I also feel them. Meaning that it cannot be a power of suggestion.... there was someone else who knew nothing about my latest incidents and was going through the same thing. At first, I didn't tell him anything, but later, I had no choice than to say back to him “I know” every time it happens. The incredible thing is that I have been able to communicate with them to ask them not to appear while my son is with me, so he won't be scared. Now, the incredible thing is that they all abide. I always ask them with respect.

Obviously, for some reason, I have the power to communicate with them and not only that, they listen.

The problem is that I would like for them to be able to communicate with me in a easier way for both of us.

Please help.
:ghost:

#2 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:20 AM

HI AtWill!

That is quite the situation you have there. You've done some good work by leaving the notepad and pencil, the recording, and even with talking to whoever is there to keep things quiet.

Some thingsa right off the bat for you, If you have the ability to, check out the EVP forum and consider posting some of your recordings. KRC is does some very nice work with EVP and will be able to help you out with them.

Also, if yo uhave any stills you can scan or download, feel free to add those in the spiritphotography section, if you would like to have others give you some ideas. If you are catching mostly orbs, there's a good chance the people with experience will be able to tell you if they are legit orbs or not (most are not ghost, but have mundane explanations, especially depending on what type of camera is being used).

It sounds as if you have done your homework testing out the medicine cabinet doors. One question though, do they use a magnet to keep the doors closed?

Many suggest that "feelings" of ghosts can be cuased by what's called infrasound (there's a few threads in the skeptic forum on those), but because they seem to abide by your wishes, I'd find it hard to believe that's the source. Since when does low frequency sound listen to commands right? Or, one person and not the other, right?

I'd approach this as if it was a true possible huanting :angry:

You've presented some great ways for them to get a chance and talk to you AtWill, the recorder idea is fantastic, the notepad and pen is a great idea as well, though moving things physically can be a rare occurance (though, you have the medicine cabinet doors being opened).

Sometimes one of the easiest things you can do with a recorder on, is just sit and talk to them like you wish to hold a conversation with them.

#3 AtWill

AtWill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:I've found a profound interest in the supernatural... they've been trying to communicate with me for some time now.<br />Arts &amp; Craft.<br />

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:23 AM

Last night, I got the worst of my days with the unknown. As I mentioned before, the entities that up to now have been trying to communicate with me have been very passive and abide by my requests whenever I don't want them around while my son is with me, so not to scare him.

This one was different. It was stubborn. I kept, in good manners, requesting him to wait until the following day and I would try to communicate with it. It kept insisting on not letting me sleep the whole night. I kept requesting for it not to bother my son. I kept waking up. The prickling feeling was different this time. Before, it used to be a comfortable one. This time, I felt uncomfortable... not at ease and somewhat afraid. At one point (don't know if I was awake or asleep) I sat down on the bed and tried to scream my lungs out. My eyes were opened, I looked at my son and was sound asleep. I was in panic mode, I knew I was screaming but no sound came out. This entity was inside of me, sort of speaking, I felt his NEGATIVE presence. When the morning came, I asked my son if he slept ok... he said, "like never before in my life." At least, I was able to stop the entity to bother my son and I succeeded!

Could it be that this entity or entities are losing their patience and want to communicate with me now, or this is another one? In all my time with the supernatural, I never felt threatened, but now I am. Well, a few year ago, I had a negative encounter while I was sleeping and held me in bed and pressed against my body with a violent roar and a very scary dark shape with bloody eyes. I was able to confronted it with Buddhism and an ascertiveness and threw it out of the house. Two days after my encounter, it confronted my son and scared the hell out him (before it happened to him, I didn't tell him of my encounter with the same entity).

I'm a Buddhist and know that I can be protected with certain mantras, but I'm afraid that by doing so, I'll lose them and they will never come back, and I'll never be able to hear their crying for help... I feel at this point that I'm responsible to know what they want to say, or if maybe they're asking for some type of help.

I do need help at this point with someone who knows what would be the best via to communicate with it. I learned yesterday, at another part of this site, about communicating with them in writing. I could use the computer, but would it be prudent at this point, or should I use other methods?

#4 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

IT would seem from many reports and witness accounts, that when a spirit or ghost find someone that is aware of their presence and attempts to "listen" that they may increase their attempts to talk. At times this may even seem to be a negative attempt due to the urgency or extra, forceful effort made by the spirit. Granted, some ghosts are not nice, but many times these nasty feelings are misconstrued as "attacks" or "evil". Biggest piece of advice is "Don't Panic!" :angry: Easier said then done right?

It is very possible that they may be stepping up the attempts and urgency, but I don't think we have any ill-willed attacks at the moement.

#5 AtWill

AtWill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:59 AM

Thank you LifeAfterDeath, for your suggestions.

I use a digital camera for my pictures.

As far as I can remember, I've always been very technical about things. I'm the kind of person that examines everything, especially these things, in a very scientific manner. When something happens, my husband and I try to make a logical sense before jumping into "it's a ghost!" situation. We've try to examine everything and verify eachother all the times. Sometimes, he asks me to see something and I end up debunking his idea of a ghost and viceversa. We're very fair.

There been things around the apartment that makes no sense, in a logical point of view.

The medicine cabinet has no magnets. We've tested different times from both sides. We've seeing it opened in front of us. We've seeing it stay closed at will, when my husband asks. Oh, I forgot to tell you all about one day that I was so upset with this opening door while I had to do my hair, etc. that I decided to masking tape it. I immediately saw the other door opened at will, like in a kind of stubborn way (this door never opened before I masking taped the other one). I talked to it and asked to stop it! I was alone, and left the bathroom. No one went there. When I returned, the masking tape was ripped... not cut, not pulled from one side of it, but ripped... I think I still have a picture of it. If this problem was a mechanical one, it would happen at all times or at certain times when someone else opens/closes another door, or hits the wall, etc. It happens depending on its mood.

The light bulbs around the apartment blowing up so fast is another story. Especially the dinning room chandellier. At first, one of my cats (Charlie) used to stand on the dinning table, look up and watch it for minutes at a time. Then, we realized that at intervals, before or after something happens or the lights blews up, my cat stares at the chandellier. One day, while this was happening, my dog also got closer and away from the living room. It just happens that I was observing my cat and grabbed my camera and took some interesting pictures of orbs, moving from the dinning room to the living room, and can testify that I followed my pets to see what they were looking or following their eyes to. I couldn't see anything with my bear eyes, but when I loaded the pictures, I knew what they were looking at that moment. It just happened that my cat (Charlie) has seen something he didn't like. The other day, I was in the kitchen preparing my coffee and proceeded to pass the dinning room and stopped completely. Charlie was curving his back and gave the loudest scream at something in front of him, as if someone was trying to hurt him. Just this morning, after my negative encounter during last night, I was in my bedroom and recognized the same scream coming from Charlie. I went there and he was sort of scare in a corner of the dinning table, then he proceeded to lean forward all the way to the edge and looked down, as if he was following something (didn't have the camera handy).

We also have a windchime that when the A/C is on makes a slight noise. Lately, even when the A/C is not on, it starts making not noise, but a kind of melody. To make it scientifically enough, we've decided not to change anything around that might cause the A/C air to move at other directions.

I had another encounter when I went to visit the grave of my father-in-law. We were standing by the grave and my husband called my attention to a particular plant by the grave moving too much while the other plants were not. I acknowledged. A few seconds later, I got this prickling sensation and something went thru me... it was so distint that I had to gasp for air. I later asked my husband if he experienced anything, he did not. Later on, while my mother-in-law was embracing me by the grave, I saw a mist in front of us, it was like when someone smokes... I don't know how to describe it 'cause I never saw that before in my life, only in pictures. For some reason I acknowledged at my deceased father-in-law and said to him in my mind that I knew he was happy. I don't ask or tell my mother-in-law about it because I don't want her to lose her mind, still living in the same home he died. There's a flag box (a shadow box with the american flag he received during his funeral) hanged by a wall of her home with a picture of him and his WWII medals, etc. Every time we gathered for a special day, I asked her to move close to the sofa next to the flag and take pictures. My excuse is to keep more pictures of her and her grandkids. When I load up the pictures, there's always one orb by the flag box and his picture. It could be a great coincidence that at that very second, I take a picture of a dust particle. I, personally, don't think so.

Thanks kindly...

#6 AtWill

AtWill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:09 AM

Thank you so much again!

I believe you are 100% right... I felt there was an urgency, but my fear was more to leave my kid alone and go to another room and that something would go to him and wake him up.

Since I don't have him for several days, I will try to make contact today and be opened at whatever comes. Do you think this writing method would be ok for me? I know and I have a gut feeling that I'm communicating with them, but since I don't know how to reach them, I lose the tie. I'm sure that it might be very frustrating for them to try to communicate with this language barrier. I know because I have a great afinity with Charlie, my cat, and he tries to communicate to me (get this!) whenever his cat box is going slow in cat litter (my pets are another story to write a book about!!!). I wish it would be as easy as communicating with Charlie...

Thanks again...

#7 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:13 AM

Lots of information there, let me soak that all in and reply. Hopefully we can help you out. One thing to remember about ghosts though, you always leave with more questions than answers. Continual documentation is absolutely key. I hope some kind folks at GV can help you out!

Just a an FYI, the mods may move this to Personal Encounters, but that's just my perception. Don't worry about it, either or, members will try and help you out :angry:

#8 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

Always feels nice to help out :angry:

It seems as though they certainly don't want to hurt or scare anyone, therefore listen very quickly if they are getting out of line. Being alone with this communication attempt probably is a good thing, as I don't see any danger from these possible spirits/ghosts. SHowing that you are willing to sit down and spend some time out of your day to do so may make it easier for them to "talk" more openly. I think the perception that they are listening shows they are on good terms and are willing to not only communicate to you as you seem to be very capable of listneing, but also listen to you as well.

Cats are a some of the best ghost hunters. My own family has had almost identical reactions from one of our cats. During a strange 3 days at the home. So I know what yo uare talking about. They make a good confirmation that something is "amiss".

Question for you, did the new circuit breaker solve the light bulb problem?

Can you trust that everyone in your household is teling the truth when it comes to the medicine cabinet? Just one of those things that has to be asked.

I was going to ask if you tried taping the medicine cabinet. If no one in the house honestly touched it and ripped them open, then... boy AtWill they want something in there badly. This may point to some possibilities, but we'll get to that a little later as we try to figure out a few things.

I think they found someone who may be able to listen to them AtWill, you should continue with a smile :) I think they trust you :)

Still soaking up your experiences :) Lots of questions and ideas coming :)

#9 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:38 AM

I'm a bit of a hard head skeptic when it comes to orbs, especially with digital cameras, but sometimes certain pics included with other sensed input (whether scientific or not), can make me go "huh, wonder what that truly is,"

Just wanted to lay that out, and now we can leave that aside for more important things, LOL

Sensations and feelings are hard to convey to others and I understand that. My wife is an incredible senstive, so I live with it and never judge something one picks up. I've had similar reactions in two different cemeteries and I think I know of the sensations you speak.

I would never claim to be a sensitive or a psychic, but there are instances where one just seems to get answers or bits of information from seemingly out of nowhere. Sometimes that are pertinent to the situation at hand, other times they are answers to a past question or situation. I know there are some other sensatives and psychics here, am I somewhat correct in assuming that's how it happens most often? I think it quite rare for one to truly hear a ghost, perhaps becuase that type of communication is based on a more subconscious level. That may explain why as many people grow older, you train you subconscious not to believe in such things, therefore closing the door to that kind of connection. If you still have a very profound belief in these things, that they are as real as the chair you are sitting on, or that you just have never been told that thinking about ghosts is a bad thing, then I'd think one has the ability still open- the spirit channel if you will.

#10 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:48 AM

Here are some things you may want to gain insight into during any sort of communicating.

See if you can get an age. This can actually be tougher than many people think, but to explain why here may take a "chapter", lol

See if you can find out if they lived here or are just visiting.

See if they like something in this home and if that's why they are here.

You may want to get very specific about the medicine cabinet. Have you given thought to removeing the cabinet from the wall? I know it sounds like something straight out of a movie, but I've seen more bizarre things.

You can always ask if they want help and if they are willing to listen.

Always, always ask if there are more than one of them present. Sometimes it seems, that a more dominant spirit will "make" another spirit answer questions or "lie" to you.

Another thing to ask right from the start is if they are willing to tell the truth.

Let them know that no harm will come to them from telling you anything. Building trust is just like building trust with a person. After all, that's what they are! (most of the time, mind you)

Your visitors seem rather interactive. I think that's a plus in your attempt to get some answers. Since they are interactive, they may try different methods to get attention or to convey a thought. Keep an open mind to anything you see, hear, or feel. Sometimes it may seem "evil", but most of the time, such a response or experience is only them portraying an emotion or a self image they have.

#11 AtWill

AtWill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:35 PM

Thank you for your candid opinion and suggestions.

I believe that everyone in our home tells the truth... We always have considered ourselves as having a scientific mind, and sometimes end up arguing or you might say, debating an issue, especially the supernatural. For example, when we play back a video tape, we gather together and discuss anything unusual. For instance, my husband sometimes migth say that that was a strange voice, and I would say it was his snoring. We also confide with our sons, especially the youngest one. He has never lied in his short life. He would honestly said it if a voice was coming from me or the tone of voice was completely different, etc. About the medicine cabinet, I cannot tell you, honestly... since I always have doughts in my mind. It could have been that I sealed it too tight and broke without the help of a spirit... I've been honest. The least I want to do is to lie or fabricate things, that's why I'm coming to you, for advise as to how to proceed. In all, I believe I have a group of honest people around me. I asked my husband about it and he swore he didn't do it. That's all I can say.

In regards to my feelings and the presence around me, I always try to have an objective answer before I proceed to other things. I've gone thru various religions in my life and have found myself analizing every aspect of my life. I believe this is the only way to debunk myself from erroneous ideas about the supernatural.

The only answer I can gather from all these lately, is that it might be my turn... maybe I have matured enough to confront or open up for whatever happens. Maybe this type of attituted has been registered by some entities in search of someone to guide them or help them... I really can't tell you why... All I know that all this is real.

About changing my posting onto a more adequate at this point is allright with me, as long as I can keep getting the help I need to help these entities... I have a feeling that I can help them.

I will try electronic writing with your sample of questions and see what happens... Yes, if only I could hear them as a normal human being, but have never heard anything... just feeling in and thru my body, that's all. I will keep you posted of any new developments...

Thanks again for all your help... THEY will thank you greatly!! To tell you the truth, I feel in better hands now!!!

#12 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:59 PM

Many of us have gone through this at one time or another, so many of of the people that post here and share their experiences understand what you are dealing with.

It's tough to reason, even with yourself at times isn't it? That analytical mind wants so bad to have a cut and dry answer, yet none reveals itself. It can be very frustrating indeed. Take heart though, knowing that I for one understand and know you'll do ok :ghost:

Please do keep us tuned in. Keep in mind this can take some time, and very, very few situations are solved overnight. Tolerance, patience and a smile are your best tools :wow:

Use any questions that come to mind. Also, if at some point you want to, ask your son if he has any questions he'd like answered (perhaps those wakening dreams or experiences left a question to be answered).

Many people here will suggest many different techniques based on their experiences. AtWill, you should choose what you are most comfortable with. If these spirits/ghosts are intereactive, they may learn to deal with the tools presented to them.

Most of all, keep your spirits up, have a good laugh with your "visitors" and keep us informed.

LaD

#13 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:57 PM

Any update for us AtWill?

#14 AtWill

AtWill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:40 AM

Since my last posting to you, I've got the usual encounters with these spirits/entities... from pulling my hair, not letting my husband sleep when I asked them to let me sleep, to moving a stool in front of my youngest son. :ghost:

I tried electronic writing... nothing. I tried a pen and pad, but I'm still skeptical about the answers on the paper. I have to learn to be more open and let my thoughts go without questioning what I'm doing. This materialistic society makes it so hard... I always end up doubting everything... though I know for a fact that what I'm feeling when these entities are with me or -going through me- is real... very real... and when I heard the wooden stool moving after I got up and was a few feet away from it... IT'S REAL.

Up to now, my youngest son has not receive in his dreams anything relevant for me. He's only woken up (exactly at 2 am), they let him know they're there, and he lets me know - which at the same time I feel and know exactly what he's feeling or receiving from these entities. Lately, they've been very playful with him. They pad him on his back and brush his face like with a cloth to wake him up.

My husband is the one who suffers the consequences of my actions, whenever I ask the entities to let me sleep. They just go about their playing around with him. The same night that my stool moved, he felt asleep in the bedroom and went to me to ask me if I was in the bedroom. He had the experience of having someone beside him while he was sleeping. It happened twice and the second time he even asked between his nap if I liked the movie I was watching in the living room with my son. When he opened his eyes, he was alone! That's when he ran out to tell me.

My oldest son (step-son) has experienced some type of revelation, but he keeps insisting he doesn't believe in ghosts. He has seen the cabinet doors open. He has felt something moving around his feet and I had proved through night-vision video camera what was happening at that moment. He has seen and listened to our videos and have included him as a judge of those strange voices that are not coming from us. Not long ago, he said to his brother that he "was a true believer now." :yawn::wow:

My pets have their own story to tell, if they could talk. The same day that my stool moved there was an incident early in the afternoon. Charlie, the male cat, was lying down on his favorite chair (a small collapsible canvas chair) in the middle of the living room. All of a sudden, there was a commotion and by the time I went the to investigate, I saw him flying from the chair towards the dining room. The strange thing is that physically it was impossible for the chair to keep moving towards Charlie's direction. Whenever he jumps out that chair with a fast motion towards the floor, the chair always moves in an opposite direction - a normal law of physics -. This time, it was like someone was moving his chair and he got scared and jumped off. He has other experiences, as I previously stated when I hear him screaming like someone is killing him and keeps staring in front of him with fangs out. :kitty:

My dog is a chicken at heart. She doesn't bark at these entities, she gets closer to us and looks back and forth to us and to whatever is there. You feel her heart and is when you realize it's for real. :wow:

I have received messages to write a book and even one of them has giving me the book tittle. I'm doing this now, as we speak. The other night I had a writer's block and couldn't write anything and this entity insisted that I had to sit down at the computer and try. I know this because of the persistent prickling in and through my body... I can't explain exactly how it happens, but for some reason -I know- what they want me to do without having to listen to them... ha... that's really strange. I had to explained to him (I feel is a he) that I had nothing to write. Some time later, I was awaken around (get this) 2 am (just like with my son) and had an urge to turn on the computer and write. I wrote a few pages and it was so smooth it scared me. When I realized what I was doing, I suddenly had the writer's block, by then it was already 4 am. This is my problem, I don't sleep much lately. They find it amusing to wake me at all times. Only when I explain to them that my body needs to rest is when they leave me alone. :hunter:

Edited by AtWill, 15 July 2005 - 07:48 AM.

#15 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:55 AM

thats really wild atwill i hope u post some pics soon and EVP and hope everything turns out good :hunter:
In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users