• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:45 PM

the alchemists dealt in science/black magic. They tried to transmute lead into gold via the philospher's stone. The ones in your area usually dealt in herbal remedies and communicated with spirits of the land. There usually outcasts and at times tried as witches/warlocks.For a general idea what they used checkout a mystic shop or a pharmacy in Chinatown.

#17 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:57 PM

Thanks, Mate...knew about the transmutation theories, but didn't know they did herbalism...time to go downtown
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#18 GHIceman

GHIceman

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:I run a moderately successful online magazine. Also into Film-making, Bigfoot and other cryptids, Charles Fort, cliff diving, paranormal adventuring, road trips, polaroid cameras, making killer lattes, urban exploring, rocking out with my pee-pee out.

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:25 AM

actually they are made of jasper a brown to tan rock related to the jade family. they bigger stones glow orange when hot because of the iron content. you can find smaller varities of this rock at any mystic shop.with this rock combined with the amethyst and turqoius it will boost your psychic awareness by 75 to 100%.

No offense, but that sounds just like dungeons and dragons, hehe
"Who Forted?" Magazine!The 'Net's Greatest 'Zine About Weird Stuff!

Posted Image

#19 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:03 AM

actually it isn't i looked up the rocks on the web because i bought an antique brown jade turtle from era of the last reigning dynasty of China. :) ;D ;D ;D

#20 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 01:26 PM

Rolemaster's what I thought of ;D

Spirit, I should have asked you this earlier, Bud, but how are you defining Black magick :)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#21 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 12 March 2003 - 03:33 PM

Hey Whispers,

I think one of my professors had a philospher's stone, he taught rhetoric.  Course he went to the hospital and they took it out!  Hmmmmmmm.........Maybe that was a philospher's kidney stone?  If you want...I can ask him if he kept it? ;D

<hides behind a BIG stone as little stones are thrown in his direction>
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#22 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 04:00 PM

Bieng a sorcerer I say any item(i.e. dolls or charms) or a spell used to harm another person. I used black magic only once I cursed this bragger with good luck.

#23 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:45 AM

Hey, Flying!
That'd be great, Bro, appreciate it, I know the Philosopher's stone was supposed to be the key for the big base metal to gold transformation, but other than that I'm lost. Do you think your Rhetoric Prof is an Alchemist or was it just "kind of a cool thing I picked up"? Someone took it? Man that's RUDE! Stones, naw, Bud, I'd stick with the gummie bear bombardment:P

Hi, Spirit!
Is there an  idiot's guide to magick somewhere ;D No offense, Spirit, my own abilities seem to be Psi oriented
and while I do offer prayers to Divinities, I've only worked through one directly twice, INTENSELY cool experiences both times, but its not anything I do frequently unless celebrating a Rite. So, as far as I know, a Sorceror works with some Divinity or spirit ally to accomplish a goal. I'm a savage, Spirit, but how is good luck a curse ???

#24 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 02:49 PM

a sorceror uses the energy around a object or place.i do however have a spirit guide that is linked to a 120 year old Japanese silk fan. As for the books check some of the mystic shops. It is always handy to have at least one in your group that knows a few binding spells. Easy you have heard of too much good luck just say eventually nobody wanted him around.My spell was lifted when he finally realized that good forutune means sharing with others.

#25 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:05 PM

*ROFL*That is hysterical, Spirit, you have a very poetic sense of Justice and he learned a valuable lesson, so everyone wins ;D

Okay, I was way off on what a Sorceror is*LOL*I swear
this was the last time I use Disney as a reference book :) thanks for your clarification. Unfortunately,  I'm the only Active in our group, would be really cool to have another, but so far no luck

#26 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 09:54 AM

Heard from a member of the Board at Questhaven last night, they'll be discussing my motion at the next meeting. My Cult alarm's screaming to duck and run at her suggestion to attend a Service, but I'm still intrigued
at the chance to sniff around :-/

#27 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 11:52 AM

If you choose to go you might find clues about what caused the fire and why it was closed. Also if it will help you I can send one of my servants to assist and protect you.

#28 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 04:29 PM

;DMuch obliged, Spirit

• Guests

Posted 17 March 2003 - 07:05 PM

The Elfin forest is indeed a place with alot of energy. I lived in Escondido for a time ('72-'75) and a small group of us would go there occasionally to dance under the moonlight (skyclad) ;D. We were never bothered by anyone corporeal. Didn't know there had been an asylum there, though. Very interesting 8).

#30 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 11:34 PM

:DHi, Val!
COOLNESS! It was before I moved out here (93), but its nice to meet someone who's at least familiar with the area. Its really a gorgeous area! The Institution may or may not have existed, I know too many people who claim its legit...going to check Union Tribune archives to see if I can get confirmation, but it may be a wanna be urban legend, you know?

Did you go anywhere near the Church when you went out there? If so, did you feel any strong feelings of Urgency?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users