• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 08:10 AM

That would be good idea about checking out what was built on the site. If possible you might check the historical society and the county library for the old plate maps of the surrounding area.

#32 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 08:24 AM

;)thanks, Spirit, good idea
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

• Guests

Posted 22 March 2003 - 05:59 PM

Hi Whispers,
We didn't go by the Church, so don't know about that. We mostly hung around a meadow that had trees in a semi-circle on one side and stones in a semi-circle on the other. The energies in that area were very strong in a positive way. Outside of that area we saw shadow creatures and strange lights and sounds like ppl talking but we could not find anyone.

Good Luck with your investigations.....

#34 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 12:42 PM

Hi, Valkyrie!
COOLNESS...how far from Questhaven Rd was the spot you described...I know it was several years ago, but I'd love to find that area. From what I heard, the entire area had been used by the Native People to mediate tribal disputes and conflicts.

Well, guys, Union Tribune archives make no mention of a
sanitarium ever existing on the site...not sure if I want to just keep looking for an Institution in the area or chalking it up to Urban Legends-I do want to still check things out there
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#35 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 02:46 PM

Well sometimes they used the term State Farm ,Poor House,or County Home. I know the term because my mom works at what used to be a County Home turned into a Rest home.

#36 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 01:45 PM

Thanks, Spirit...okay, I'm a bad researcher and my focus was on Institution/Sanitarium

#37 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 06:25 PM

Your only a bad researcher if you don't admit or learn from your errors.

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:21 PM

Hi Whispers,
I don't remember the name of the road :-[, i think we came up through San Marcos(sp?) and there was some horse trails that led to the meadow, we weren't able to drive there. I realize that is very vague, but hope you stumble on to it in your wanderings somehow ;). Good Luck.

#39 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:26 AM

;DLOL*I am the Ellery Queen when it comes to stumbling onto answers...thanks for your help, all of you

#40 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 12:48 PM

your welcome and good luck.

#41 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 04:51 PM

If I could just ask a question,  where in the US is this place?  It sounds like a very interesting place to visit, but I could not find a clue in the postings as to where the place is!

Thanks,
Michele

#42 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:45 AM

Hi, Michele,
The Elfin forest is about 45miles south of San Diego, I know that's not much help unless you're familiar with the area, but its in Southern Cal ;)

The church itself I'd like to sniff around, but the forest I think is very neat, I'd still hope to stumble across the grove that valkyrie found :D

Hope that helps a little,
Drew

• Guests

Posted 29 April 2003 - 11:02 AM

I have lived in So. Cal most of my life and what I have heard about the Elfin Forest is not very pretty. Be careful out there.

#44 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:03 PM

Hi, RPigme and welcome to GV ;D
Which things did you mean? As far as the supernatural dangers, all I felt was curiosity about why I was there, at least from the Spirits. Do you know anything about the Church of the Holy Quest itself????

It does have a real rep with the local policia and I guess its still really popular with dealers and meth/crack production, lots of police spotter planes overhead

#45 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 07:16 PM

Keep your guard up Whispers-of-fire. Oh did I mention most evil spirits fear dragons especially the ones that have the ability to breathe fire. ;D As for the other activity watch your back because I want know what you find out O.K.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users