• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:16 PM

Despite set backs and phenomonally bad planning on our part, had originally planned on being there a few hours before dusk to get the lay of the land, but 2 of our group had something came up, we didn't leave til 7 and it took awhile to find it.

The Elfin Forest (insert Keebler jokes here) was incredible, the branches on either side of the winding road touched, forming a canopy of skeletral arms overhead. Folklore claims the forest to be prowled by the Shadow Court, Unseelie Fae. While I myself didn't see any, I did feel a few presenses who seemed very curious but were content to watch unnoticed (my buddy had mentioned this was a popular shoot up place 'cause
of the concealment). The gig with the no-light camcorder fell through, so we were using my digital camera and flashlights. In other words, if there was a manifestation
we would have had to ask for a raincheck since lighting
was a problem ::)

Quest Haven was an assylum 40 years back that was partly destroyed by flame. A Church was built several years back (Church of the Holy Quest) on the lot, had heard it had closed but the area was gated and guarded
and we were told-politely-that we had to call for permission from the Priest. All 4 of us had feelings of urgency about it that usually suggested ramming the gate. I felt a presense projected "Come Please! Help Please!" Will be calling tomorrow to explain and ask permission to investigate, want to have at least a full afternoon to get a feel for the place and to have better equipment at hand ;D

Hoping to get insights or advice, thanks for your time,
Whispers
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 08:34 AM

i have a feeling that you should bring items made of silver and a bottle of holy water. if possible you might want to invest in  a copy of the CHO KU REI  cd or cassette it will strengthen the good chi around you and your group. do you use protection talismans?

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 01:57 PM

Hi, Spiritdragon,
Most of us wear religious talismans or at the least, charged jewelry (wards), mine's pewter since silver tends to tarnish if I wear it for more than a few days. Thanks for your thoughts :) Would you recommend the tape while meditating before the investigation or at the site?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 03:08 PM

use the tape while meditating then after you finish meditating drink a cup of ginseng,green tea,and peppermint infused in a cup of purified spring water(you will need all the strength physical and psychic). personally i use a jade pendant,a shiva ling stone, polished chunk of turquoise, and a crystal of amethyst. what i would do is put the silver object in a pocket or have someone else wear it only when you get to the site.at the site play the tape as loud as possible.

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 10:31 PM

I knew I should have paid more attention in World Religions class, the Shiva lings kind of orange brown with 3 white lines through it, right? No disrespect, Spirit,
but its rare when I use stones and so my only exposure to the Shiva ling is from from (cough-IndianaJonesandtheTempleofDoom-cough)

The tea sounds like a good idea, ginsing and peppermint are great boosters.

We had a meeting tonight, going to try to secure permission for an investigation. Something was wrong with that Church, the sign itself kept drawing my attention, not sure what it was, but someone was sending me a message :-/

#6 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 07:18 AM

actually they are made of jasper a brown to tan rock related to the jade family. they bigger stones glow orange when hot because of the iron content. you can find smaller varities of this rock at any mystic shop.with this rock combined with the amethyst and turqoius it will boost your psychic awareness by 75 to 100%.

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the clarification<hides Indiana Jones trilogy in
shame>the color makes sense due to the iron content but didn't know they got hot

#8 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 04:33 PM

it is the results of a static discharge or chi of the person combined with the iron and jade. the stones are used to synchronize the left and right sides of the brain. it is true about what was shown in the Indiana Jones Movie when that guy burst into flames.

#9 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 05:23 PM

Hi, Spiritdragon,
:oThe stones get that hot?? I thought there needed to be a source of heat for the iron to react...in the movie. BTW, thanks for not swatting me for mentioning the IJ trilogy

Finally found a website for Quest Haven (Powers bless www.about.com) apparently the Church is a ministry retreat, emailed the Rev for permission to do some night photography. I truly dislike misleading someone, but I can't help but feeling that something there's not on the level

Whispers

#10 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:08 PM

heat source is supplied by the static or chi discharge. you might check with the local historians about the original inhabitants preferably between 1850 B.C. up to the time of the original structure was built. i sense at least 20 enities at the site.

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 01:03 PM

Hi, Spiritdragon,
Is that in the whole area or the assylum grounds? Felt some weak contact/presenses<proximity>in the Elfin Forest, but the stronger senses of presense/reaching out came from behind the gate

#12 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 05:15 PM

five of the enities are in the forest. the rest are in the building/grounds. the five forest spirits will assist you but trusting them i would  use your judgement they like to play pranks especially during the spring equinox and the summmer soltisce.

#13 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 09:27 AM

No worries, Spirit, I'm cool with Tricksters, but am hoping to hear from the Rev before the Solstice to get permission to go in for shooting

#14 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:49 PM

well goodluck and i hope you find what you are looking for.

#15 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, Mate! Heard from the Reverend this morning (YAY!!) she pooh-poohed the notion that there was ever a sanitarium there, but she did mention that the lot
had been bought from a community of alchemists :-/ Time to hit the library...um, Spiritdragon or anyone else,
what do you know abput Alchemists???? BTW, she's forwarding my request to the Board

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)