Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Spontaneous Telepathy

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

There's a theory concerning telepathy that I have never been able to shake. The notion is that past, present and future all coexist. "Movement" through time is in some sense illusory, and the human mind, etheric body, whatever, merely tunes into what ever is present in the garden of "no-time" so to speak.

What say you?
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#17 aya&aki

aya&aki

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:arts, music, literature, science... and a bunch of other stuff that I'd like to keep private.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:19 PM

I once read and heard that time was actually made up... I'm not certain if it's true but I always beleive that time doesn't flow. People just assumed it moves because of three things the past, the present and the future... since according to them, people grow old and die the length of their life is their time... so time flows... does it? Does it really exist day by day, every hour, evry min? every milli sec.? Or is it just something man created in their attempt to bring logic to everything?

Time does not flow... we exist in every period of time. Then we slowly vanish as our consciousness goes to the next. The me yesterday exists in the me today but is not the same one. We die every second passing on to the next stage of life. Our so called "life" second by second diminishes into nothingness until we go back and do it all over again. We can't say we can go "back in time" for time is just there. it doesn't move forward. it doesn't move back. it is us who moved through it. If you do managed to venture to yesterday (note that I didn't use the word back) why do see yourself doing what you thought you had already done? Because both of you are different completely. If you are born and then a minute has gone by... there are already 60 yous in this universe or more. just think how many yous are there when your only ten years old....

The sun rises and sets in a continous pattern. The past, the present and the future are the same... it is only us who have become different by existing in every period of the so called "time"

well, this is what I heard. Anymore ideas?
"The Open-mindness of a person can be measured by his/her ability to accept that everything is right and everything is wrong. There are no such things as contradictions, just two sides of the same coin." -Samantha Williams

#18 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:44 AM

Time was created by man to mark our passage through it. It would have no relation to the universe, it will just continue doing what is does whether we are here to witness it or not.

In oder for us to study somethng it has to be measurable. Our measure of the universe and our own lives is time.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#19 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

Whenever I get a phone call and happen to know who it is, or hear a song on the radio I was thinking of, etc., I've always just chalked it up to coincidence.
However, I find this thread interesting because, at times, I seem to understand what animals are trying to tell me. Then again, maybe I'm just good at reading signs or something.

#20 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:56 PM

Whenever I get a phone call and happen to know who it is, or hear a song on the radio I was thinking of, etc., I've always just chalked it up to coincidence.
However, I find this thread interesting because, at times, I seem to understand what animals are trying to tell me. Then again, maybe I'm just good at reading signs or something.

I had a Physicist tell me once that a four dimensional picture of us would look like a huge serpent, stretching from the past and into the future. You'd like a classic book by Jack Finney called "From Time To Time". In the book, a man is chosen for a time travel experiment, and then immersed in everything about 1870 New York City. They rent an apartment at the Dakota and permit him no contact with the modern world. Eventually he finds himself IN the past. Could such a thing be possible? What forces us from one second to the next?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#21 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

This sounds like a really good book. I'll have to pick it up. Thanks, Markway!

#22 Ruf

Ruf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:44 PM

Or it could just be a good run of luck. Does anyone remember the times they get it wrong?

#23 aya&aki

aya&aki

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:arts, music, literature, science... and a bunch of other stuff that I'd like to keep private.

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:21 PM

Try this book as well

"TIMELINE" by Michael Crichton although it also focuses in quantum technology there is also an explanation of time...
"The Open-mindness of a person can be measured by his/her ability to accept that everything is right and everything is wrong. There are no such things as contradictions, just two sides of the same coin." -Samantha Williams

#24 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

Telepathy is a very difficult topic. It's very common. but harder to deal with in some ways than "Ghosts" or the after-life. To accept a ghost it is "only" necessary to accept that some energy pattern unique to the individual survives physical death. To explain telepathy or prophecy is't necessary to bring in the "disproven" ether theory, or the more arcane aspects of Quantum theory.

Telepathy becomes "easy" to explain if we're willing to accept a universal energy field which all brains have access to. We'd be tuning into a group consciousness of some sort.

Prophecy implies other things. Is time stationary? Is the movement that we perceive an illusion of consciousness? Are ther other multiple but similar universes functioning at about the same speed, but differing slightly? Can our minds tune into those, and "see" ahead? This sort of thought drives scientist's crazy.

Edited by Markway, 04 April 2006 - 08:58 PM.

This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#25 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:07 PM

Man I hate doing to many things at once. lol Made a nice reply for you then went on to other things and forgot to post it, now its gone. lol

Talk about scatterbrained.

I'll try to do it again.

I beleive I have some premonition capability, this goes against my belief system though. This would mean our future has already happened and there is nothing we can do to change it, it would mean our lives are preordained and meaningless.

I do not believe we are predestined, I believe we have free will. I believe that whatever I do in life matters, I believe I can make a difference. That is why I'm such a skeptic on premonitions though I have oodles of coincidences I really can't explain any other way.

As far as telepathy, we can communicate by sight, sound, touch, taste and smell, why not thoughts? I think most of us already do that on a base level, we can pick up on someones "vibes" even when we can't use our other senses. I have not tried to develop my kinetic abilities but others have and claim sucess, I think anyone who learns to use it could use it. It's like anything else, we don't know how to read and write when we are born, we don't know how to talk, but we can still communicate. And with proper training we can learn to communicate even better.

Just my thought for the day.
Dave
Let me add this before I forget again. lol
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users