Emily's bridge

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 stickysweet

stickysweet

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:43 PM

My husband and I were just there on October, Friday the 13th. Here are a couple pictures. I am not sure what to think. My husband thinks I am crazy.

http://www.msnusers....b...o&PhotoID=1

http://www.msnusers....b...o&PhotoID=3

http://www.msnusers....b...o&PhotoID=4

#17 whiskeysuicide

whiskeysuicide

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:. joe strummer <3 . the clash . the mescarleros . this rockin' world . reggae . elvis . kitty-cats . riots . supernatural . vampires. faeries . aliens . jurassic park . ghosts . graveyards . ramen noodles . my love. yer face . ATHF . DBZ . chalupas . animals . halloween . ookie spookie things . saving the world .

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

i'm fropm vermont so it's fun to here about ghosts from there.

Superior Galactic Grandma, after eatinga block of cheese, smoking three packsof cigarettes, and drinking a quart of milk... disgusting, that's the word ...R.I.P. Adam Sanders & Steve Harmonilove&missyouboth

#18 stickysweet

stickysweet

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

Well the story goes that Emily was waiting for her lover in the early 1800's. They were supposed to elope together and he never showed up so she hung herself. I have taken thousands of pictures with the digital camera and this is never happened to me. Someone else replied and said that it is just a lens flash or something which is could be but like I said it has never happened before. There are a lot of websites out there about the bridge if you look them up.
Thanks
Margaret

#19 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:31 PM

Nice pictures...thank you for posting them too! I have to agree though, it looks like the glare from the sun. No matter what, please don't stop taking pictures- these are awesome one's at that! I understand that you've taken thousands of photo's & never had this happen before, but it's identical to a sun glare. Great job and please keep posting pics you may have. ;)
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#20 stickysweet

stickysweet

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:58 PM

Like I said it is not problem it looks to perfect to be anything out of the ordinary but thought it might be worth a try.
Thanks

#21 Chris2006

Chris2006

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

I live about 500 feet from the bridge... I have been to the bridge many times before, at night and during the day (alone and with friends) unfortunately I have never seen or heard anything. :( I have heard from some people that live in Stowe that this isnít even the real location of Emilyís death. If you go down the road about 1.5 miles thereís a regular bridge that is where Emily actually died. (I wouldn't recommend walking on this bridge at night due to traffic and itís on a corner). But that bridge has been replaced since her death.
Either way, the covered bridge is pretty cool to check out whether itís haunted or not. And there are some excellent swimming holes in the river below. If you can get to Stowe, more then likely you can ask anyone where the 'Covered Bridge' is and they will tell you. (Itís not too far out of town)

#22 LizzieBorden

LizzieBorden

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music, getting to understand the unseen, writing, making art, creating dolls

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

I have been to Emily's a bunch of times. I plan on going tonight, but the last time went my best friend and i parked on the bridge and turned out all the lights.. My dog was going nuts in the backseat running back and forth like something was behind us. I took out the flash light i brought and checked to look to see if i could see anything, but there wasn't anything. My friend Jade felt something touch her arm, and then we heard something snap under the car like a twig or something. It was right under the car that we heard this.. It was loud too. After that we floored it and got out of there. We tape recorded the whole thing. and you could hear crying on the tape as well as horses hoofs. as if they were walking across the bridge while we were on it. It could have been the water, but then again , maybe not.. :(

I live about 500 feet from the bridge... I have been to the bridge many times before, at night and during the day (alone and with friends) unfortunately I have never seen or heard anything. :( I have heard from some people that live in Stowe that this isnít even the real location of Emilyís death. If you go down the road about 1.5 miles thereís a regular bridge that is where Emily actually died. (I wouldn't recommend walking on this bridge at night due to traffic and itís on a corner). But that bridge has been replaced since her death.
Either way, the covered bridge is pretty cool to check out whether itís haunted or not. And there are some excellent swimming holes in the river below. If you can get to Stowe, more then likely you can ask anyone where the 'Covered Bridge' is and they will tell you. (Itís not too far out of town)

#23 kjracing90

kjracing90

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:21 AM

3 friends and i went to emily's bridge last summer. We went on a friday night. we parked the car on the side farthest from the road. we got out not making any noise and we walked into the bridge. After a few minutes the girls start to feek out and i ask them what?what? they where hearing a drum beat that was getting louder. i listened hard but i could not hear anything. they got to scared and started to run back to the car. i walked back and then i walked right into a cold spot.( its summer time i was in a short sleve and shorts, it was warm out). thats when i get freaked out. because she is know for having cold spots in the bridge at random times when poeple are bothering her. i run to the car and when everyone is in i lock the doors and try to turn the car on. i try to start the car five or six times and then it finally starts. i was releaved when the car started. but in the mean time when i was trying to start the car the 4 of us were breathing hard and we fogged up all the windows. so when it started i turned on the defroster on the windshield and i turned around to see if everyone was ok in the back seat and thats when i was scared the most. i saw the word HELP written on the back window in the fog. before telling them what i saw i asked them if they touched or wrote on the window and they all said no!! then they all looked at the window and say what i did and screamed. at this point i had enough so we got the hell out of there. now that is a honest to god story and hope you all believe in Emily because she is real!!

#24 angel8121

angel8121

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

My husband and I were just there on October, Friday the 13th. Here are a couple pictures. I am not sure what to think. My husband thinks I am crazy.

http://www.msnusers....b...o&PhotoID=1

http://www.msnusers....b...o&PhotoID=3

http://www.msnusers....b...o&PhotoID=4

i tied to look at ur pictures an it said that the link could not be found. i would love to see them though.

#25 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:32 AM

Ditto on the couldnt see the pics, but I love the one of the bridge itself!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#26 Raikoo

Raikoo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

Hey everyone. Just barely found this board and I'm pleased to see the intrest in Emily's Bridge. I'm going out to the bridge in early August this year, and with any luck I'll be able to conduct a 24-48 hour study complete with video, digital cameras, audio recorders, 35 mm cameras, the whole nine yards.

#27 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

This is the first time I've ever heard of this Emily's bridge. I look forward to reading your account of what went down when you go there Raikoo.

Whatever

#28 VAMP Research

VAMP Research

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

Hello All,

VAMP Research has been to the bridge a few times, we did not catch anything on the photos but did get some voices we could not account for on our digital recorder. We caught two voices during the event of a car passing, you can hear a voice say "get over" and another say "car". The voices where male sounding and where clearly not the two male members that where there. I think the bridge is good for EVP's because it has its own white sound built in, the river running below creates a great white sound.

We are also looking for places to investigate, so please if you know of any let us know. You can e-mail us or go to our website and submit it with our location submission page. We also have A MySpace Page and FaceBook Page.

We have some interesting sound clips from our last investigation if anyone here would like to give us their opinion let me know i can send you the link.

Kristopher Thomas Croteau
VAMP Research
(Vermont Abnormal Metaphysical and Paranormal Research)
http://vampresearch.bravehost.com
http://www.myspace.com/vamp_research
http://www.facebook....p?id=1555396632
VAMP Research(Vermont Abnormal Metaphysical and Paranormal Research)http://www.vampresearch.comVAMP Research on MySpaceVAMP Research on FaceBookVAMP Research on TwitterVAMP Research Dumpsiteor call us at (802)GON-GHST (802-466-4478)

#29 vermont1usa

vermont1usa

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

I and my friends have been there and were scared out of our wits when she attacked us...Joe Citro alludes to our experience when he talks in some of his books about Vaughn and the shaking car...I'm Vaughn. He's never spoken to me about it, so he must have gotten the incident related to him from a third party. Believe me, what we experienced there was FAR SCARIER than what little he has written in his books about it.

#30 Haunted_Ship

Haunted_Ship

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in music, art, history, psychology, ghosts (obviously), ufo research and native american history

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

Never been to Emily's Bridge - or even Vermont. Would love to go. However, I'll have to find some paranormal-loving people to go with, my sister made a reference to posession and brain eating monsters the last time I asked her to accompany me on a 'ghost exploration' after dark. lol.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert FrostYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded, is another step forward." [b] Thomas Edison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users